Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

VictoriaM
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

@Chris Grabiel​  Do you have any experience connecting REDCAP API to Databricks you would be able to share?

@Chris Grabiel​  Do you have any experience connecting REDCAP API to Databricks you would be able to share?

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Chris_Grabiel
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

We absolutely do. We ingest to the lake via Redcap API AND folks use it in notebooks. How can we help?

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
JRT5933
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! GOLD table slowed down at MERGE INTO

Howdy - I recently took a table FACT_TENDER and made it into a medalliona tyle TABLE to test performance since I suspected medallion would be quicker. Key differences: Both tables use bronze dataoriginal has all logic in one long notebookMERGE INTO t...

• 4 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
JRT5933
New Contributor III
  • 6 kudos

I ended up instituing true and tried PARTITIONING and PRUNING methods to boost performance, which has succeeded.

• 6 kudos
3 More Replies
Mado
by Valued Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Should I create Azure storage & Metastore in the same region?

I am going to create a Metasore following the documentation. Regarding the storage account, I don't understand if it should be in the same region as Metastore. From documentation:You can create no more than one metastore per region. It is recommended...

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Mohammad Saber​, Creating your Azure storage account and Metastore in the same region is recommended to optimize performance and reduce latency.When your storage account and Metastore are located in the same region, the data transfer between them...

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
JJ_LVS1
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! DLT Notebook Error - Queries with streaming sources must be executed with writeStream.start();

I'm trying to parse incoming stream files in DLT which have variable length records. I'm getting the error:Queries with streaming sources must be executed with writeStream.start();Notebook code@dlt.table ( comment="xAudit Parsed" ) def b_table_pa...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Jason Johnson​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Than...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
FK
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Faizan Khan​ Thank you for reaching out, and we’re sorry to hear about this log-in issue! We have this Community Edition login troubleshooting post on Community. Please take a look, and follow the troubleshooting steps. If the steps do not resolv...

• 1 kudos
SG_
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

How to display Sparklyr table in a clean readable format similar to the output of display()?

There exist a Databricks’s built-in display() function (see documentation here) which allow users to display R or SparkR dataframe in a clean and human readable manner where user can scroll to see all the columns and perform sorting on the columns. S...

ewFTT.jpg h3hff
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
rich_goldberg
New Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

I found that the display() function returned this issue when it came across date-type fields that were NULL. The following function seemed to fix the problem:library(tidyverse) library(lubridate)   display_fixed = function(df) { df %>% ...

• 2 kudos
KVNARK
by Honored Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 9 kudos

Resolved! need to fetch secrets from key vault in my local

Could you please look into this if I'm missing something. Getting the below error:azure.core.exceptions.ServiceRequestError: Bearer token authentication is not permitted for non-TLS protected (non-https) URLs.Using below function for that.def get_aut...

• 3 replies
  • 9 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 9 kudos

Hope everything is going great.Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue. If yes, would you be happy to mark an answer as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? If not, please tell us so we can help you. C...

• 9 kudos
2 More Replies
agagrins
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

How to speed up `dbx launch --from-assets`

Hiya,I'm trying to follow the testing workflow of```$ dbx deploy test --assets-only$ dbx launch test --from-assets --trace --include-output stdout```But I find the turnaround time is quite long, even with an instance pool.The `deployment.yaml` looks ...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
tonkol
New Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

Hi, I have no solution, actually I've just registered to open a very similar ticket, when saw yours.According to my experiments getting an already running VM from the pool (times between events: CREATING - INIT_SCRIPTS_STARTED) can take anything betw...

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
joshberry
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Unable to add password to a user (with SSO enabled)

I am trying to add a non-SSO admin user to my account (not to a workspace). I have SSO backed off to Google for the majority of users.I can create the account OK, then go in and reset the password to something, but when I try and log in I get the err...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
joshberry
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Ah, missed that bit of the docs. Thanks

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Jfoxyyc
by Valued Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Disable dbutils.fs.put() write to console "Wrote x bytes"

Hey all, does anyone know how to suppress the output of dbutils.fs.put() ?

• 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 5 kudos

Hi @Jordan Fox​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 5 kudos
4 More Replies
vinaykumar
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

File optimization for delta table (versioning and snapshot ) in storage S3

Delta table generates new file for every insert or update on table and keep the old version files also for versioning  and time travel history . I have 1tb data as delta table and every 30 minutes , 90 percent data getting updated so file size will b...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @vinay kumar​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
dispersion
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Running large volume of SQL queries in Python notebooks. How to minimise overheads/maintenance.

I have around 200 SQL queries id like to run in databricks python notebooks. Id like to avoid creating an ETL process for each of the 200 SQL processes.Any suggestions on how to run the queries in a way that it loops through them so i have minimum am...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Chris French​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thank...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
jairomonassa
by New Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @jairo neder monassa moreira​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear...

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
JordGray_57117
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Is it possible to reset user passwords outside of the Admin Console UI?

There is a business requirement for some of our accounts to have their passwords rotated. This currently requires an admin to go in and manually reset the password for the account via UI. I wanted to know if there's a more automated way to handle thi...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Jordan Gray​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
zUnkn0wn990
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Lakehouse Fundamentals Accreditation badge not received

I have passed the test today for Lakehouse Fundamentals Accreditation, but have not yet received the badge yet.Please let me know how and when I can receive the badge for this passed test.Thank you.

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Chang Su Lee​ Thank you for reaching out! Please submit a ticket to our Training Team here: https://help.databricks.com/s/contact-us?ReqType=training  and our team will get back to you shortly. 

• 2 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors