Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

arthur_wang
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

How does Task Orchestration compare to Airflow (for Databricks-only jobs)?

One of my clients has been orchestration Databricks notebooks using Airflow + REST API. They're curious about the pros/cons of switching these jobs to Databricks jobs with Task Orchestration.I know there are all sorts of considerations - for example,...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Shourya
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

@Kaniz Fatma​ Hello Kaniz, I'm currently working with a major Enterprise Client looking to make the choice between the Airflow vs Databricks for Jobs scheduling. Our Entire code base is in Databricks and we are trying to figure out the complexities t...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
datatello
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Exponentially slower joins using Pyspark

I'm new to Pyspark, but I've stumbled across an odd issue when I perform joins, where the action seems to take exponentially longer every time I add a new join to a function I'm writing.I'm trying to join a dataset of ~3 million records to one of ~17...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Lee Bevers​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
byrdman
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

databricks multistage jobs in workflow Params not passing

I am using a multi-stage job calling different notebooks all have the same PARAMNAME that needs to be passed in. one the second and third job, I input the new a different PARAM's value .. but those values do not show up when it runs the task. I...

image image
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Hi @David Byrd​ this is already a known thing and we have raised it to our engineering team. If you have the same key but different values in the parameters, then its most likely takes the first value for the key and will use the same for all the tas...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
pmt
by New Contributor III
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Handling Changing Schema in CDC DLT

We are building a DLT pipeline and the autoloader is handling schema evolution fine. However, further down the pipeline we are trying to load that streamed data with the apply_changes() function into a new table and, from the looks of it, doesn't see...

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Hey there @Palani Thangaraj​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear fro...

• 1 kudos
6 More Replies
liamod
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 8 kudos

Resolved! AWS and Azure on the same Databricks workspace.

Can I use compute instances from different providers i.e. AWS and Azure on the same Databricks workspace?

• 2 replies
  • 8 kudos
Latest Reply
Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 8 kudos

Hi @Liam ODonoghue​ there are a few methods using which you can connect AWS and Azure resources. In such cases, it involves only your accounts. But with Databricks, you need to handle two accounts for both cloud providers. Let's say if you create a w...

• 8 kudos
1 More Replies
Rayan
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Terraform managing workspaces

Hi , Do we have any references? I am actually looking for managing workspaces and other databricks related stuff with terraform, trying to create in the form of modules so that everytime i need to create a new workspace i just need to call the worksp...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 2 kudos

Hi there @Rayan D​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Than...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
niels
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why is my Plotly graph squished?

fig = make_subplots(1,4) cols = ['OrderValue', 'TransactionPrice', 'ProductPrice', 'ProductUnits']     for i, col in enumerate(cols): fig.add_trace( go.Histogram(x=silver_df.select(col).toPandas()[col]), row=1, col=i+1 )   p =...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hey there @Niels Ota​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.T...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
askme
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Databricks jobs UPdate/Reset API throws an unexpected error

{ "error_code": "INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE", "message": "Missing required field: job_id"}I have a test job cluster and I need to update the docker image filed with the other version using reset/update job API. I went through the documentation of data b...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 2 kudos

Hey there @radha kilaru​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from yo...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
Kasi
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to execute Data Engineering Scripts in Community Edition

I am getting error while executing scripts 6.1 onward with various error messages. All the earlier scripts were fine but not any more. I am not sure what is the problem and whom to contact. Multiple images are attached below from examples 6.1 and 6.2...

image image.png
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Shahzad Salam Kasi​, Thank you for reaching out!Let us look into this for you, and we'll follow up with an update.

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
Venkat1
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Error: "Backend service unavailable" when trying to start a cluster in community edition.

I am using community edition of databricks for learning and hands-on projects. However, when I try to create a cluster today, I am getting an error popup- "Backend service unavailable". I would like to know if it is a problem with my account or a bac...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Hey there @Venkat K​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Th...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
Tahseen0354
by Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Can I add custom cluster tag from init script ?

Hi, is it possible to add custom tags from init script during cluster initialization ? We would like to automatically add custom tags whenever someone creates a new cluster in databricks.

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Md Tahseen Anam​ I don't think there is a possibility to use an init script for cust tags. But the easiest way is to use cluster policies. You can mention a list of custom tags in the policy so that you can simply add the policy to the cluster wh...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
Paramesh
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! How to read multiple tiny XML files in parallel

Hi team, we are trying to read multiple tiny XML files, able to parse them using the data bricks XML jar, but is there any way to read these files in parallel and distribute the load across the cluster? right now our job is taking 90% of the time rea...

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Paramesh
New Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

Thank you @Hubert Dudek​ for the suggestion. Similar to your recommendation, we added a step in our pipeline to merge the small files to large files and make them available for the spark job.

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
ronaldolopes
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Exporting data from databricks to external csv

I need to export some data from the database to csv which will be downloaded to another application. What would be the procedure for that? I don't have a lot of knowledge in DataBricks and I didn't find much information in the documentation.Thanks.

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
AmanSehgal
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

You can manually download data to your local in CSV from databricks notebook cell and pass it to your another application.Your application can run Databricks notebook inside a workflow via an API that writes data to S3 bucket in CSV and in response y...

• 0 kudos
raj_123469
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 2 kudos

Hi @rajat kumar​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks...

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
niels
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Azure SA mounted but can't load files

I am attempting to load an excel file that's located in a blob storage that I've mounted. In the first cell, when I use the dbutils.fs.ls command, I can see the file I want to load. However, when I try to actually load it, it can't find the file. It ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Niels Ota​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors