Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASN
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

Python Read csv - Don't consider comma when its within the quotes, even if the quotes are not immediate to the separator

I have data like, below and when reading as CSV, I don't want to consider comma when its within the quotes even if the quotes are not immediate to the separator (like record #2). 1 and 3 records are good if we use separator, but failing on 2nd record...

Input and expected Output
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Pholo
Contributor
  • 2 kudos

Hi, I think you can use this option for the csvReadeespark.read.options(header = True, sep = ",", unescapedQuoteHandling = "BACK_TO_DELIMITER").csv("your_file.csv")especially the unescapedQuoteHandling. You can search for the other options at this l...

• 2 kudos
4 More Replies
Rahul_Samant
by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Spark Sql Connector :

i am trying to read data from azure sql database from databricks. azure sql database is created with private link endpoint.Using DBR 10.4 LTS Cluster and expectation is the connector is pre installed as per documentation.using the below code to fetch...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
artsheiko
Valued Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

It seems that .option("databaseName", "test") is redundant here as you need to include the db name in the url.Please verify that you use a connector compatible to your cluster's Spark version : Apache Spark connector: SQL Server & Azure SQL

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

March Madness + Data  Here at Databricks we like to use (you guessed it) data in our daily lives. Today kicks off a series called Databrags �� ...

March Madness + Data Here at Databricks we like to use (you guessed it) data in our daily lives. Today kicks off a series called Databrags Databrags are glimpses into how Bricksters and community folks like you use data to solve everyday problems, e...

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 3 kudos

@Lindsay Olson​, Awesome!

• 3 kudos
mick042
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Does spark utilise a temporary stage when writing to snowflake? How does that work?

Folks , when I want to push data to snowflake I need to use a stage for files before copying data over. However, when I utilise the net.snowflake.spark.snowflake.Utils library and do a spark.write as in...spark.read.format("csv") .option("header", ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
mick042
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Yes it uses a temporary stage. should have just looked in snowflake history

• 0 kudos
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Error message when editing schedule cron expression on job

When attempting to edit the schedule cron expression on one of our jobs we receive the following error message:Cluster validation error: Validation failed for spark_conf, spark.databricks.acl.dfAclsEnabled must be false (is "true") The spark.databric...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

FYI this was a temporary Databricks bug. Seems to be resolved now.

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
AP
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! AutoOptimize, OPTIMIZE command and Vacuum command : Order, production implementation best practices

So databricks gives us great toolkit in the form optimization and vacuum. But, in terms of operationaling them, I am really confused on the best practice.Should we enable "optimized writes" by setting the following at a workspace level?spark.conf.set...

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 3 kudos

@AKSHAY PALLERLA​ Just checking in to see if you got a solution to the issue you shared above. Let us know!Thanks to @Werner Stinckens​ for jumping in, as always!

• 3 kudos
4 More Replies
Jayesh
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! How can we do data copy from Databricks SQL using notebook?

Hi Team, we have a scenario where we have to connect to the DataBricks SQL instance 1 from another DataBricks instance 2 using notebook or Azure Data Factory. Can you please help?

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 3 kudos

Thanks for jumping in to help @Arvind Ravish​  @Hubert Dudek​ and @Artem Sheiko​ !

• 3 kudos
4 More Replies
Jeade
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Pulling data from Azure Boards into databricks

Looking for best practises/examples on how to pull data (epics, features, PBIs) from Azure Boards into databricks for analysis.Any ideas/help appreciated!

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
artsheiko
Valued Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

you can use export to csv (link), push the file to the storage mounted to Databricks or just import the file obtained to dbfs

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
cralle
by New Contributor II
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Cannot display DataFrame when I filter by length

I have a DataFrame that I have created based on a couple of datasets and multiple operations. The DataFrame has multiple columns, one of which is a array of strings. But when I take the DataFrame and try to filter based upon the size of this array co...

image image
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

strange, works fine here. what version of databricks are you on?What you could do to identify the issue is to output the query plan (.explain).And also creating a new df for each transformation could help. Like that you can check step by step where...

• 2 kudos
6 More Replies
tej1
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! Trouble accessing `_metadata` column using cloudFiles in Delta Live Tables

We are building a delta live pipeline where we ingest csv files in AWS S3 using cloudFiles. And it is necessary to access the file modification timestamp of the file. As documented here, we tried selecting `_metadata` column in a task in delta live p...

• 6 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
tej1
New Contributor III
  • 7 kudos

Update: We were able to test `_metadata` column feature in DLT "preview" mode (which is DBR 11.0). Databricks doesn't recommend production workloads when using "preview" mode, but nevertheless, glad to be using this feature in DLT.

• 7 kudos
5 More Replies
alexgv12
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

delta table separate gold zone by different tenant

Hello, currently we have a process that builds with delta table the zones of bronze, silver and when it reaches gold we must create specific zones for each client because the schema changes, for this we create databases and separate tables, but when ...

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Noopur_Nigam
Valued Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

Hi @alexander grajales vanegas​ Are you creating all the databases and tables in gold zone manually?If so, please check out DLT https://docs.databricks.com/data-engineering/delta-live-tables/index.html, it will take care of your complete pipeline by ...

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
GKKarthi
by New Contributor
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Databricks - Simba SparkJDBCDriver 500550 exception

We have a Denodo big data platform hosted on Databricks. Recently we have been facing the exception with message '[Simba][SparkJDBCDriver](500550)'  with the Databricks which interrupts the Databricks connection after the certain time Interval usuall...

• 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
PFBOLIVEIRA
New Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

Hi All,We are also experiencing the same behavior:[Simba][SimbaSparkJDBCDriver] (500550) The next rowset buffer is already marked as consumed. The fetch thread might have terminated unexpectedly. Foreground thread ID: xxxx. Background thread ID: yyyy...

• 2 kudos
6 More Replies
pankaj92
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

extract latest files from ADLS Gen2 mount point in databricks using pyspark

Hi Team,I am trying to get the latest files from an ADLS mount point directory. I am not sure how to extract latest files ,Last modified Date using Pyspark from ADLS Gen2 storage account. Please let me know asap. Thanks! I am looking forward your re...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Sha_1890
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi @pankaj92​ ,I wrote a Python code to pick a latest file from mnt location ,import ospath = "/dbfs/mnt/xxxx"filelist=[]for file_item in os.listdir(path):  filelist.append(file_item)file=len(filelist)print(filelist[file-1])Thanks

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors