Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Braxx
by Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! issue with rounding selected column in "for in" loop

This must be trivial, but I must have missed something.I have a dataframe (test1) and want to round all the columns listed in list of columns (col_list)here is the code I am running:col_list = ['measure1', 'measure2', 'measure3']   for i in col_list:...

image image
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Braxx
Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

You're absolutely right. thanks

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
alejandrofm
by Valued Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Running vacuum on each table

Hi, in line with my question about optimize, this is the next step, with a retention of 7 days I could execute vacuum on all tables once a week, is this a recommended procedure?How can I know if I'll be getting any benefit from vacuum, without DRY RU...

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
AmanSehgal
Honored Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

Ideally 7 days is recommended, but discuss with data stakeholders to identify what's suitable? 7/14/28 days. To use VACCUM, first run some analytics on behaviour of your data.Identify % of operations that perform updates and deletes vs insert operati...

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
NOOR_BASHASHAIK
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Databricks PAT (personal access token) with access to databases selectively

Hi all,I am establishing a connection to databricks from Collibra through Spark driver. Collibra expects these details for the connection (for token based):personal access token (pat)server/workspace namehttpPathUpon successful connection, Collibra d...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

PAT token is integrated with the workspace, So it will get access of all hive. Is there anyway you can filter out with Collibra?

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
jeffreym9
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hive version after Upgrade Azure Databricks from 6.4 (Spark 2) to 9.1 (Spark 3)

I have upgraded the Azure Databricks from 6.4 to 9.1 which enable me to use Spark3. As far as I know, the Hive version has to be upgraded to 2.3.7 as well as discussed in: https://community.databricks.com/s/question/0D53f00001HKHy2CAH/how-to-upgrade-...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jeffreym9
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

I'm asking about Datatricks version 9.1. I've follow the url given (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/data/metastores/external-hive-metastore). Do you mind letting me know where in the table is mentioning the supported hive version fo...

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
thushar
by Contributor
  • 9 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! Compile all the scripts under the workspace folder

In workspace one folder I have around 100+ pyspark scripts, all these scripts need to be compiled before running the main program. In order to compile all these files, we are using the %run magic command like %run ../prod/netSales. Since we have 100+...

• 9 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 6 kudos

Problem is that you can list all files in workspace only via API call and than you can run every one of them using:dbutils.notebook.run()This is the script to list files from workspace (probably you need to add some filterning):import requests ctx = ...

• 6 kudos
8 More Replies
thushar
by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Deploy tar.gz package from private git hub

We created Python package (.tar.gz) and kept it under private git.We can able to connect to that git (using PAT) from the Azure databricks notebook.Our requirement is to install that package from .tar.gz file for that notebook"pip install https://USE...

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Rahul_Samant
Contributor
  • 3 kudos

For installing the package using pip you need to package the repo using setup.py. check this link for more details https://packaging.python.org/en/latest/tutorials/packaging-projects/alternatively you can pass the tar.gz using --py-files while submi...

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
soy_wax_melts
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

www.scent-sational-waxmelts.co.uk

Ignite your senses with distinctive and soy wax melts delightful fragrances for your home, Discover scents to set the mood and inspire fragrant memories

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Vibhor
by Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Notebook level automated pipeline monitoring or failure notif

Hi, is there any way other than adf monitoring where in automated way we can get notebook level execution details without getting to go to each pipeline and checking

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

@Vibhor Sethi​ - Would you be happy to mark @Werner Stinckens​' answer as best if it resolved your question?

• 1 kudos
4 More Replies
Scouty
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! How to reset an autoloader?

Hii'm using an autoloader with Azure Databricks:df = (spark.readStream.format("cloudFiles")   .options(**cloudfile)   .load("abfss://dev@std******.dfs.core.windows.net/**/*****)) at my target checkpointLocation folder there are some files and subdirs...

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 3 kudos

@Aman Sehgal​ - My name is Piper, and I'm one of the moderators for Databricks. I wanted to jump in real quick to thank you for being so generous with your knowledge.

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
ckwan48
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! How to prevent my cluster to shut down after inactivity

Currently, I am running a cluster that is set to terminate after 60 minutes of inactivity. However, in one of my notebooks, one of the cells is still running. How can I prevent this from happening, if want my notebook to run overnight without monito...

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
AmanSehgal
Honored Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

If a cell is already running ( I assume it's a streaming operation), then I think it doesn't mean that the cluster is inactive. The cluster should be running if a cell is running on it.On the other hand, if you want to keep running your clusters for ...

• 3 kudos
4 More Replies
irfanaziz
by Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Issue in reading parquet file in pyspark databricks.

One of the source systems generates from time to time a parquet file which is only 220kb in size.But reading it fails."java.io.IOException: Could not read or convert schema for file: 1-2022-00-51-56.parquetCaused by: org.apache.spark.sql.AnalysisExce...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

@nafri A​ - Howdy! My name is Piper, and I'm a community moderator for Databricks. Would you be happy to mark @Hubert Dudek​'s answer as best if it solved the problem? That will help other members find the answer more quickly. Thanks

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
SailajaB
by Valued Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Best practices for implementing Unit Test cases in databricks and Azure devops

Hello,Please suggest the best practices/ ways to implement the unit test cases in Databricks python to pass code coverage at Azure devops

• 1 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
User16753725182
Contributor III
  • 5 kudos

Hi, the process is like traditional software development practices.Docs to refer: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/dev-tools/ci-cd/ci-cd-azure-devops#unit-tests-in-azure-databricks-notebooksAzure DevOps Best Practices: https://docs.m...

• 5 kudos
mayuri18kadam
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! com.databricks.sql.io.FileReadException Caused by: com.microsoft.azure.storage.StorageException: Blob hash mismatch

Hi, I am getting the following error:com.databricks.sql.io.FileReadException: Error while reading file wasbs:REDACTED_LOCAL_PART@blobStorageName.blob.core.windows.net/cook/processYear=2021/processMonth=12/processDay=30/processHour=18/part-00003-tid-4...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
mayuri18kadam
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

yes, I can read from notebook with DBR 6.4, when I specify this path: wasbs:REDACTED_LOCAL_PART@blobStorageName.blob.core.windows.net/cook/processYear=2021/processMonth=12/processDay=30/processHour=18but the same using DBR 6.4 from spark-submit, it f...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Ian
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Databricks-Connect and Change Data Feed query error

I have installed Databricks-Connect (9.1 LTS). I am able to send queries to the cluster. However, when the query includes a call to the 'table_changes' function that is a part of Change Data Feed, I get the following error:AnalysisException("could ...

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Ian
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Kaniz Fatma​ , the table_changes function is an internal Databricks function used in Change Data Feed (CDF).Please refer to the article below. It discusses the table_changes function.https://docs.databricks.com/delta/delta-change-data-feed.html

• 0 kudos
5 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors