Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

User16869510359
by Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Unable to download the files from the notebook UI

I used to download the SQL query output from the Notebook UI. but right now I am unable to download files now

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16869510359
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

This is a workspace-level configuration. Probably your workspace admin disabled it. If you have admin privilege on your workspace you can enable it from the Admin Console -> Workspace Settings

• 0 kudos
User16826994223
by Honored Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MSCK REPAIR TABLE doesn't work in delta

I have a delta table in adls and for the same table, I have defined an external table in hive After creating the hive table and generating manifests, I am loading the partitions using MSCK REPAIR TABLE. All the partition columns are in same But s...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16826994223
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Can you please check partition column order, does it in same sequence as before or it has changed

• 0 kudos
User16869510359
by Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! I can't find my cluster

I had a cluster that I used in the past. I do not see the cluster any longer. I checked with the admin and my team and everyone confirmed that there no user deletion. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16869510359
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

If the cluster is unsued for 30 days, Databricks removes the cluster. This is a general clean-up policy. It's possible to whitelist a cluster from this clean-up by Pinning the cluster. https://docs.databricks.com/clusters/clusters-manage.html#pin-a-c...

• 0 kudos
User16826994223
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Delta adds a new partition making the old partition unreadable

In Notebook, My code read and write the data to delta , My delta is partitioned by calendar_date. After the initial load i am able to read the delta file and look the data just fine.But after the second load for data for 6 month , the previous part...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16826994223
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

I think you are writing the data in override mode. what happens in delta is it doesn't delete the data for certain days even it is written by overwrite mode for versioning , and you will be able to query only most recent data,But in format parque...

• 0 kudos
User16869510359
by Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Additional permission for Delta compared to Parquet

I am trying to create a Delta table and it seems the Delta table requires additional permissions on the parent folder of the table. The command failed telling permission errors. I tried to create a parquet table and it works fine. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16869510359
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Delta table is the non-hive compatible format. So there must also be permissions for a client to access the path to the database’s location so that it can create a new temporary “directory” there. This comes from Spark SQL’s handling of external tabl...

• 0 kudos
User16869510359
by Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How many active connections are made to Hive metastore

We are using an internal metastore implementation. ie the metastore is hosted at the Dataricks side. However, we believe the metastore instance made available for my workspace is not adequate enough to handle the load. How can I monitor the number of...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16869510359
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Use the below code snippet from a notebook%scala import java.sql.Connection import java.sql.DriverManager import java.sql.ResultSet import java.sql.SQLException   /** * For details on what this query means, checkout https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refma...

• 0 kudos
User16826992666
by Valued Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Does Databricks integrate with Immuta?

My company uses Immuta for data governance. Will Databricks be able to fit into our existing security patterns?

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Ryan_Chynoweth
Honored Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Yes, check out the immuta web page on the Databricks Integration. https://www.immuta.com/integrations/databricks

• 1 kudos
User16869510359
by Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Compute cost for the SQL Analytics query

Is there a way to get some kind of compute the cost associated with every SQL analytics query?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16869510359
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Right now, we do not have an option to measure the compute cost at a query level.

• 0 kudos
User16765131552
by Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

docs.databricks.com

Best practices: Cluster configuration | Databricks on AWSLearn best practices when creating and configuring Databricks clusters.https://docs.databricks.com/clusters/cluster-config-best-practices.html

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
User16765131552
by Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

docs.gcp.databricks.com

Best practices | Databricks on Google CloudLearn best practices when using or administering Databricks.https://docs.gcp.databricks.com/best-practices-index.html

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
User16765131552
by Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

docs.microsoft.com

Best practices - Azure DatabricksLearn best practices when using or administering Azure Databricks.https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/best-practices-index

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
User16765131552
by Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

docs.databricks.com

Best practices | Databricks on AWSLearn best practices when using or administering Databricks.https://docs.databricks.com/best-practices-index.html

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
User16826994223
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How to prevent Delta Lake checkpoints to be removed in Databricks?

I am seeing with new commits the old checkpoints are getting removed and i can time travel only last 10 versions , Is there any way I can prevent it so that delat checkpoints are not removed I'm using Azure Databricks 7.3 LTS ML.

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16826994223
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

If you want to keep your checkpoints X days, you can set delta.checkpointRetentionDuration to X days this way:spark.sql(f""" ALTER TABLE delta.`path` SET TBLPROPERTIES ( delta.checkpointRetentionDuration = 'X days'...

• 0 kudos
User16869510359
by Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How to track the progress of a VACUUM command.

My VACCUM command is stuck. I am not sure if it's deleting any files. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16869510359
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

There is no direct way to track the progress of the VACUUM command. One easy workaround is to run a DRY RUN from another notebook which will give the estimate of files to be deleted at that point in time. This will give a rough estimate of files to b...

• 0 kudos
User16869510359
by Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Can auto-loader process the overwritten file

I have a directory where I get files with the same multiple times. Will Auto-loader process all the files or will it process the first and ignore the rest

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16869510359
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Autoloader has an option - "cloudFiles. allowOverwrites". This determines whether to allow input directory file changes to overwrite existing data. This option is available in Databricks Runtime 7.6 and above.

• 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors