Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

User16869510359
by Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How Can I update the DBR versions of all my jobs in one go?

I keep it a point to use the latest DBR versions for my workloads and mostly we leverage those new features. But I have 300 jobs on the Databricks workspace and updating the DBR versions for each job manually is difficult to do. Any quick hack

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16869510359
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Below code snippet can be helpful if you are using Databricks CLIfor jobid in `databricks jobs list | awk '{print $1}'`; do databricks jobs get --job-id $jobid | jq .settings > /tmp/jobs/$jobid.json; done sed -i 's/"spark_version": ".*"/"spark_ver...

• 0 kudos
User16869510359
by Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! What is the trade-off of using an unsupported DBR version on my cluster?

I do not want to upgrade my cluster every one month. I am looking for stability over new features.

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16869510359
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

The strong recommendation is not to use an unsupported version of DBR on your cluster. For production workloads where you don't welcome newer versions, then check the Databricks LTS DBR versions. if using an unsupported version then you don't receiv...

• 0 kudos
User16869510359
by Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Getting file permission issues even though I have the right IAM role attached

I am reading data from S3 from a Databricks cluster and the read operation seldom fails with 403 permission errors. Restarting the cluster fixes my issue.

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16869510359
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

The main reason for this behavior is : AWS keys are used in addition to the IAM role. Using global init scripts to set the AWS keys can cause this behavior.The IAM role has the required permission to access the S3 data, but AWS keys are set in the Sp...

• 0 kudos
User16869510359
by Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Why do I see data loss with Structured streaming jobs?

I have a Spark structured streaming job reading data from Kafka and loading it to the Delta table. I have some transformations and aggregations on the streaming data before writing to Delta table

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16869510359
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

The typical reason for data loss on a Structured streaming application is having an incorrect value set for watermarking. The watermarking is done to ensure the application does not develop the state for a long period, However, it should be ensured ...

• 0 kudos
User16869510359
by Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Does Table ACL support column-level security like Ranger?

I have used Ranger in Apache Hadoop and it works fine for my use case. Now that I am migrating my workloads from Apache Hadoop to Databricks

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16869510359
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Currently, Table ACL does not support column-level security. There are several tools like Privcera which has better integration with Databricks.

• 0 kudos
User16752240150
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

When to use cache vs checkpoint?

I've seen .cache() and .checkpoint() used similarly in some workflows I've come across. What's the difference, and when should I use one over the other?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Srikanth_Gupta_
Valued Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Caching is extremely useful than checkpointing when you have lot of available memory to store your RDD or Dataframes if they are massive.Caching will maintain the result of your transformations so that those transformations will not have to be recomp...

• 0 kudos
User16826994223
by Honored Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16826994223
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

1. We want a venue in which we can rapidly iterate and make new releases. The overhead of making a release as a separate project is minuscule (in the order of minutes). A release on Spark takes a lot longer (in the order of days)2. Koalas takes a dif...

• 0 kudos
User16826994223
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16826994223
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Different projects have different focuses. Spark is already deployed in virtually every organization, and often is the primary interface to the massive amount of data stored in data lakes. Koalas was inspired by Dask, and aims to make the transition ...

• 0 kudos
User16826994223
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Does Databricks have a data processing agreement?

Does Databricks have a data processing agreement?

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
User16826994223
Honored Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Databricks offers a standalone data processing agreement to comply with certain data protection laws that contains our contractual commitments with respect to applicable data protection and privacy law. If your company determines that you require ter...

• 1 kudos
User16826994223
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Do login sessions into Databricks have an idle timeout?

Do login sessions into Databricks have an idle timeout?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16826994223
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Short Answer:YesDetailed Answer:User sessions automatically timeout after six hours of idle time. This timeout is not configurable. User sessions are terminated if the user is removed from the workspace. To trigger session end for users who were remo...

• 0 kudos
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16826994223
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

for any other non-private previews, they can check out admin console --> advanced tab. there are tons of toggles there to enable/disable features. if it’s not there, there usually isn’t an easy (or direct) way of disabling

• 0 kudos
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
User16826994223
Honored Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Scala Use JVM to run its code, Scala cannot run different applications at a time with complete isolation of each task inside single jvm , that is the reason Scala doesn't support high concurrency cluster, I don't think it is on road map

• 2 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors