• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
aladda
Honored Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

The ANALYZE Command specifically captures statistics which are relevant for the Cost Based Optimizer to make better decisions.The 32 columns of statistics that Delta auto-collects are specifically for data skipping. This is separate from the ANALYZE ...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
User15787040559
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How can I create from scratch a brand new Dataframe with Null values using spark.createDataFrame()?

from pyspark.sql.types import * schema = StructType([ StructField("c1", IntegerType(), True), StructField("c2", StringType(), True), StructField("c3", StringType(), True)]) df = spark.createDataFrame([(1, "2", None), (3, "4", None)], schema)

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Mooune_DBU
Valued Contributor
  • 0 kudos

df = spark.createDataFrame(sc.emptyRDD(), schema)Can you try this?

• 0 kudos
User16826994223
by Honored Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! cluster start Issues

Some of the Jobs are failing in prod with below error message:Can you please check and let us know the reason for this? These are running under pool cluster.Run result unavailable: job failed with error messageUnexpected failure while waiting for the...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Mooune_DBU
Valued Contributor
  • 1 kudos

@Kunal Gaurav​ , This status code only occurs in one of two conditions:We’re able to request the instances for the cluster but can’t bootstrap them in time We setup the containers on each instance, but can’t start the containers in timethis is an edg...

• 1 kudos
RonanStokes_DB
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Mooune_DBU
Valued Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Can you elaborate mode what you mean by "Encoder" (is it a serializing mechanism), what are the custom data objects? pyspark does support complex and binary formats as long as you can write your own serializer/deserializer.

• 0 kudos
User16826987838
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Prevent file downloads from /files/ URL

I would like to prevent file download via  /files/ URL. For example: https://customer.databricks.com/files/some-file-in-the-filestore.txtIs there a way to do this?

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Mooune_DBU
Valued Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Unfortunately this is not possible from the platform.You can however use an external Web Application Firewall (e.g. Akmai) to filter all web traffic to your workspaces.  This can block both Web access to download root bucket data.

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
jose_gonzalez
by Moderator
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Are there any limitations on my broadcast joins?

I would like to know if there are any broadcast joins limitations.

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 1 kudos

Yes, there are a couple limitation. Please find below the details:> It will not perform broadcast join if the table has 512 million or more rows > It will not perform broadcast join if the table is larger than 8GB

• 1 kudos
jose_gonzalez
by Moderator
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Getting broadcast join errors

I would like to know how do disable broadcast join in my job to avoid this error message. Is there a Spark configuration?

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 1 kudos

You can disable broadcast join by adding the following Spark configuration to you notebook:spark.conf.set("spark.sql.autoBroadcastJoinThreshold", -1)In addition, you can also add this configuration to your cluster:spark.sql.autoBroadcastJoinThreshold...

• 1 kudos
jose_gonzalez
by Moderator
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! how to troubleshot Python version mismatch error in DBconnect?

Im getting some weird messages when trying to run my Dbconnect. I would like to know if there is a troubleshooting guide to solve Python version mismatch errors.

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 0 kudos

We have a troubleshooting section in our docs that could help you to solve this issue. Please check the docs here https://docs.databricks.com/dev-tools/databricks-connect.html#python-version-mismatch

• 0 kudos
jose_gonzalez
by Moderator
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! can I use Dbconnect for my structured streaming jobs?

I would like to know if I can use Dbconnect to run all my structured streaming jobs.

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 0 kudos

Unfortunately, no. You cannot use Dbconnect for your streaming jobs. This is one of Dbconnect's limitations. For more details please check the docs: https://docs.databricks.com/dev-tools/databricks-connect.html#limitations

• 0 kudos
User16826992666
by Valued Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How often should I run OPTIMIZE on my Delta Tables?

I know it's important to periodically run Optimize on my Delta tables, but how often should I be doing this? Am I supposed to do this after every time I load data?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
sajith_appukutt
Honored Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

It would depend on how frequently you update the table and how often you read it. If you have a daily ETL job updating a delta table, it might make sense to run OPTIMIZE at the end of it so that subsequent reads would benefit from the performance imp...

• 0 kudos
User16826992666
by Valued Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How do I know which worker type to choose when creating my cluster?

I am new to using Databricks and want to create a cluster, but there are many different worker types to choose from. How do I know which worker type is the right type for my use case?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
sajith_appukutt
Honored Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

For delta workloads, where you could benefit from caching it is recommended to use storage optimized instances that come with NVMe SSDs. For other workloads, it would be a good idea to check Ganglia metrics to see whether your workload is Cpu/Memory ...

• 0 kudos
User16826992666
by Valued Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Can you run non-spark jobs on Databricks?

Is spark the only type of code that can run on a Databricks cluster?

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
sajith_appukutt
Honored Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Databricks has a Runtime for Machine Learning that comes with a lot of libraries/frameworks pre-installed. This allows you to run for example PyTorch / TensorFlow code without worrying about infrastructure setup, configuration and dependency manage...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
User16826992666
by Valued Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! What options do I have for controlling end user access to data?

For security and privacy reasons I need to limit what datasets are available for access by end users. How can I accomplish this in a Databricks workspace?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
sajith_appukutt
Honored Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Unity Catalog is the recommended approach as it lets you manage fine-grained data permissions using standard ANSI SQL / UI . More details could be found here

• 0 kudos
User16826992666
by Valued Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! When should I set the cluster mode to High Concurrency vs Standard?

How do I know which mode I should be using when creating a cluster?

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
sajith_appukutt
Honored Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

High Concurrency clusters are ideal for groups of users who need to share resources or run ad-hoc jobs - for example data scientists sharing a cluster. They come with Query Watchdog, a process which keeps disruptive queries in check by automatically ...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors