• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
sean_owen
Honored Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

There shouldn't be. Generally speaking, models will be serialized according to their 'native' format for well-known libraries like Tensorflow, xgboost, sklearn, etc. Custom model will be saved with pickle. The files exist on distributed storage as ar...

• 0 kudos
User16826992666
by Valued Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! What is the point of the model staging and promotion functions in MLflow?

Why not just directly deploy the model where you need it in production?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
sean_owen
Honored Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

The Model Registry is mostly a workflow tool. It helps 'gate' the process, so that (for example) only authorized users can set a model to be the newest Production version of a model - that's not something just anyone should be able to do!The Registry...

• 0 kudos
User16826992666
by Valued Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Should I use Z Ordering on my Delta table every time I run Optimize?

Wondering if it always makes sense or if there are some situations where you might only want to run optimize

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Srikanth_Gupta_
Valued Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Its good idea to optimize at end of each batch job to avoid any small files situation, Z order is optional and can be applied on few non partition columns which are used frequently in read operationsZORDER BY -> Colocate column information in the sam...

• 0 kudos
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Ryan_Chynoweth
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

In this scenario, the best option would be to have a single readStream reading a source delta table. Since checkpoint logs are controlled when writing to delta tables you would be able to maintain separate logs for each of your writeStreams. I would...

• 0 kudos
User16826992666
by Valued Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! If someone saves a flat file in a Databricks notebook without specifying a location, where does it go?

I ran the code block below and now I can't find the file. Where would this get saved since no location was specified?

Cmd
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
sean_owen
Honored Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

In this case, you are just writing a file to the working directory of the driver process. It'll be under something like /home/[user] on the local file system. Anything you write to "/dbfs/..." however goes to distributed storage, even though it looks...

• 1 kudos
User16826994223
by Honored Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Major changes in spark 3.0

What are the major changes released in spark 3.0

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
sean_owen
Honored Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Check out https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/sql-migration-guide.html if you're looking for potentially breaking changes you need to be aware of, for any version.For a general overview of the new features, see https://databricks.com/blog/2020/06/18...

• 0 kudos
User16857281869
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do I benefit from parallelisation when doing machine learning?

There are in principle four distinct ways of using parallelisation when doing machine learning. Any combination of these can speed up the whole pipeline significantly.1) Using spark distributed processing in feature engineering 2) When the data set...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
sean_owen
Honored Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Good summary! yes those are the main strategies I can think of.

• 0 kudos
User16826992666
by Valued Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
sean_owen
Honored Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

You do not have to cache anything to make it work. You would decide that based on whether you want to spend memory/storage to avoid recomputing the DataFrame, like when you may use it in multiple operations afterwards.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
User16826992666
by Valued Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! What's the difference between SparkML and Spark MLlib?

I have heard people talk about SparkML but when reading documentation it talks about MLlib. I don't understand the difference, could anyone help me understand this?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
sean_owen
Honored Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

They're not really different. Before DataFrames in Spark, older implementations of ML algorithms build on the RDD API. This is generally called "Spark MLlib". After DataFrames, some newer implementations were added as wrappers on top of the old ones ...

• 0 kudos
sajith_appukutt
by Honored Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
sajith_appukutt
Honored Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

You could set up dnsmasq to configure  routing between your Databricks workspace and your on-premise network. More details here

• 1 kudos
sajith_appukutt
by Honored Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
sajith_appukutt
Honored Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Databricks allows network customizations / hardening from a security point of view to reduce risks like Data exfiltration. For more detailsData Exfiltration Protection With Databricks on AWSData Exfiltration Protection with Azure Databricks

• 0 kudos
User16826994223
by Honored Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Z ordering best practices

What are the best practices around Z ordering, Should be include as Manu column as Possible in Z order or lesser the better and why?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
sajith_appukutt
Honored Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

With Z-order and Hilbert curves, the effectiveness of clustering decreases with each column added - so you'd want to zorder only the columns that you's actually use so that it's speed up your workloads.

• 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors