Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Muthu145
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

KNN classifier on Spark

Hi Team , Can you please help me in implementing KNN classifer in pyspark using distributed architecture and processing the dataset. Even I want to validate the KNN model with the testing dataset. I tried to use scikit learn but the program is runn...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
SouravSaha
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hey, about about using NEC Frovedis (https://github.com/frovedis/frovedis) framework for the same. Refer: https://github.com/frovedis/frovedis/blob/master/src/foreign_if/python/examples/unsupervised_knn_demo.py It works on a distributed framework (...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
zhaoxuan210
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How can I read all the files in a folder on S3 into several pandas dataframes?

import pandas as pd import glob path = "s3://somewhere/" # use your path all_files = glob.glob(path + "/*.csv") print(all_files) li = [] for filename in all_files: dfi = pd.read_csv(filename,names =['acct_id', 'SOR_ID'], dtype={'acct_id':str,...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
shyam_9
Valued Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hi @zhaoxuan210, Please go through the below answer,https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52855221/reading-multiple-csv-files-from-s3-bucket-with-boto3

• 0 kudos
Van-DuyetLe
by New Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

What's the difference between Interactive Clusters and Job Cluster?

I am new to databricks. I would like to know what is the difference between Interactive Clusters and Job Cluster? There are no official document now.

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Forum_Admin
Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Sports news Football news International football news Football news Thai football news, Thai football Follow news, know sports news at Siamsportnews

• 1 kudos
4 More Replies
User16301467532
by New Contributor II
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

How can I change the parquet compression algorithm from gzip to something else?

Spark, by default, uses gzip to store parquet files. I would like to change the compression algorithm from gzip to snappy or lz4.

• 9 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
ZhenZeng
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

spark.sql("set spark.sql.parquet.compression.codec=gzip");

• 1 kudos
8 More Replies
Venkata_Krishna
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

convert string dataframe column MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss AM/PM to timestamp MM-dd-yyyy hh:mm:ss

How to convert string 6/3/2019 5:06:00 AM to timestamp in 24 hour format MM-dd-yyyy hh:mm:ss in python spark.

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
lee
Contributor
  • 0 kudos

You would use a combination of the functions: pyspark.sql.functions.from_unixtime(timestamp, format='yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss') (documentation) and pyspark.sql.functions.unix_timestamp(timestamp=None, format='yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss') (documentation)from pysp...

• 0 kudos
MithuWagh
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to deal with column name with .(dot) in pyspark dataframe??

We are streaming data from kafka source with json but in some column we are getting .(dot) in column names.streaming json data: df1 = df.selectExpr("CAST(value AS STRING)") {"pNum":"A14","from":"telecom","payload":{"TARGET":"1","COUNTRY":"India"...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
shyam_9
Valued Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Mithu Wagh you can use backticks to enclose the column name.df.select("`col0.1`")

• 0 kudos
KrisMusial
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Saving to parquet with SaveMode.Overwrite throws exception

Hello, I'm trying to save DataFrame in parquet with SaveMode.Overwrite with no success. I minimized the code and reproduced the issue with the following two cells: > case class MyClass(val fld1: Integer, val fld2: Integer) > > val lst1 = sc.paralle...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Guru421421
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

results.select("ValidationTable", "Results","Description","CreatedBy","ModifiedBy","CreatedDate","ModifiedDate").write.mode('overwrite').save("

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
NandhaKumar
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to specify multiple files in --py-files in spark-submit command for databricks job? All the files to be specified in --py-files present in dbfs: .

I have created a databricks in azure. I have created a cluster for python 3. I am creating a job using spark-submit parameters. How to specify multiple files in --py-files in spark-submit command for databricks job? All the files to be specified in ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
shyam_9
Valued Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Nandha Kumar,please go through the below docs to pass python files as job,https://docs.databricks.com/dev-tools/api/latest/jobs.html#sparkpythontask

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
cfregly
by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
GeethGovindSrin
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

@cfregly​ : For DataFrames, you can use the following code for using groupBy without aggregations.Df.groupBy(Df["column_name"]).agg({})

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
tourist_on_road
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to read binary data in pyspark

I'm reading binary file http://snap.stanford.edu/data/amazon/productGraph/image_features/image_features.b using pyspark.from io importStringIO import array img_embedding_file = sc.binaryRecords("s3://bucket/image_features.b",4106)def mapper(featur...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
shyam_9
Valued Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hi @tourist_on_road, please go through the below spark docs,https://spark.apache.org/docs/2.3.0/api/python/pyspark.html#pyspark.SparkContext.binaryFiles

• 0 kudos
naveenreddy1
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reason: Remote RPC client disassociated. Likely due to containers exceeding thresholds, or network issues. Check driver logs for WARN messages. Driver stacktrace

We are using the databricks 3 node cluster with 32 GB memory. It is working fine but some times it automatically throwing the error: Remote RPC client disassociated. Likely due to containers exceeding thresholds, or network issues.

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
RodrigoDe_Freit
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

If your job fails follow this:According to https://docs.databricks.com/jobs.html#jar-job-tips: "Job output, such as log output emitted to stdout, is subject to a 20MB size limit. If the total output has a larger size, the run will be canceled and ma...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
MikeK_
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SQL variables in a notebook

Hi, In an SQL notebook, using this link: https://docs.databricks.com/spark/latest/spark-sql/language-manual/set.html I managed to figure out to set values and how to get the value. SET my_val=10; //saves the value 10 for key my_val SET my_val; //dis...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
shyam_9
Valued Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Mike K.., you can do this with widgets and getArgument. Here's a small example of what that might look like: https://community.databricks.com/s/feed/0D53f00001HKHZfCAP

• 0 kudos
kruhly
by New Contributor II
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Is there a better method to join two dataframes and not have a duplicated column?

I would like to keep only one of the columns used to join the dataframes. Using select() after the join does not seem straight forward because the real data may have many columns or the column names may not be known. A simple example belowllist = [(...

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
TejuNC
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

This is an expected behavior. DataFrame.join method is equivalent to SQL join like thisSELECT*FROM a JOIN b ON joinExprsIf you want to ignore duplicate columns just drop them or select columns of interest afterwards. If you want to disambiguate you c...

• 0 kudos
11 More Replies
Pierrek20
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to loop over spark dataframe with scala ?

Hello ! I 'm rookie to spark scala, here is my problem : tk's in advance for your help my input dataframe looks like this : index bucket time ap station rssi 0 1 00:00 1 1 -84.0 1 1 00:00 1 3 -67.0 2 1 00:00 1 4 -82.0 3 1 00:00 1 2 -68.0 4 1 00:00...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Eve
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Looping is not always necessary, I always use this foreach method, something like the following: aps.collect().foreach(row => <do something>)

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors