Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Red_blue_green
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks: Change the existing schema of columns to non-nullable for a delta table using Pyspark?

Hello,I have currently a delta folder as a table with several columns that are nullable. I want to migrate data to the table and overwrite the content using Pyspark, add several new columns and make them not nullable. I have found a way to make the c...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
kanjinghat
Visitor
  • 0 kudos

Not sure if you found a solution, you can also try as below. In this case you pass the full path to the delta not the table itself.spark.sql(f"ALTER TABLE delta.`{full_delta_path}` ALTER column {column_name} SET NOT NULL") 

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
venkata_kishore
by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

delta live tables - oracle connectivity

Is delta live tables/pipelines support oracle or external database connectivity ? i am getting Oracle Driver not found error. dlt not supporting maven install through asset bundles. ERRORs: 1) py4j.protocol.Py4JJavaError: An error occurred while call...

Data Engineering
Delta Live Tables
dlt
oracle
pipelines
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
RamGoli
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hi @venkata_kishore  , As of now, DLT does not support Oracle, and one cannot install third-party libraries and JARs. https://docs.databricks.com/en/delta-live-tables/unity-catalog.html#limitationsIf Lakehouse Federation has support for Oracle, then ...

• 0 kudos
MarkD
by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is it possible to migrate data from one DLT pipeline to another?

Hi,We have a DLT pipeline that has been running for a while with a Hive Metastore target that has stored billions of records. We'd like to move the data to a Unity Catalog. The documentation says "Existing pipelines that use the Hive metastore cannot...

Data Engineering
Delta Live Tables
dlt
Unity Catalog
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
israelst
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos

DLT can't authenticate with kinesis using instance profile

When running my notebook using personal compute with instance profile I am indeed able to readStream from kinesis. But adding it as a DLT with UC, while specifying the same instance-profile in the DLT pipeline setting - causes a "MissingAuthenticatio...

Data Engineering
Delta Live Tables
Unity Catalog
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Babu_Krishnan
New Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

@Mathias_Peters , Thanks for the details. Curious how make the roleAan part work , we are able to make it work only with passing accessKey and Secret key, not with roleArn. if you are using SQL based DLT tables , Could you please share some code samp...

• 4 kudos
4 More Replies
dprutean
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDBC Driver Error

connect to databricks unity catalog and meet this error java.sql.SQLException: [Databricks][DatabricksJDBCDriver](500540) Error caught in BackgroundFetcher. Foreground thread ID: 59. Background thread ID: 61. Error caught: null. at com.databricks.cli...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @dprutean, Thank you for providing the details about the error you’re encountering while connecting to the Databricks Unity Catalog using the Databricks JDBC driver. Let’s troubleshoot this step by step: Check your connection string: The conn...

• 0 kudos
AdityaM
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating external tables using gzipped CSV file - S3 URI without extensions

Hi Databricks community,Hope you are doing well.I am trying to create an external table using a Gzipped CSV file uploaded to an S3 bucket.The S3 URI of the resource doesn't have any file extensions, but the content of the file is a Gzipped comma sepa...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
AdityaM
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hey  , thanks for your response. I tried using a Serde(I think the OpenCSVSerde should work for me) but unfortunately im getting the below from the Unity Catalog:[UC_DATASOURCE_NOT_SUPPORTED] Data source format hive is not supported in Unity Catalog....

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
KrishnaK135
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Advanced Data Engineering

Just finished the final day of training. Great content and delivery!

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @KrishnaK135, That's wonderful to hear! We're thrilled that you found the content and delivery of the training at DAIS 2023 to be excellent. Your positive feedback means a lot to us! We also wanted to share some exciting news with you all. The Dat...

• 0 kudos
Databricks143
by New Contributor III
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recrusive cte in databrick sql

Hi Team,How to write recrusive cte in databricks SQL.Please let me know any one have solution for this 

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
EWhitley
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Weirdly, if you ask the Databricks assistant, it tells you it does support recursive CTE and will give you sample code for it. If you follow up and press it on details it doubles down and says it supports it, but tell you the runtime version informat...

• 0 kudos
6 More Replies
JoshGallant
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delta Live Tables Best Practices

Delta Live Tables Best Practices session today was fantastic.

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @JoshGallant, We're thrilled to hear that you found the Delta Live Tables Best Practices session fantastic! Your enthusiasm and engagement at DAIS 2023 were truly appreciated. We wanted to let you know that the Databricks Community team will be ba...

• 0 kudos
EricIto
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Data Engineering Associate Training

Props to the training team for the Data Engineering track at AI Summit, learned a ton and got some great experience!

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @EricIto, We're thrilled to hear that you had such a positive experience at DAIS 2023, especially with the Data Engineering track! Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and we're glad that you found the training valuable. We're excited to announce...

• 0 kudos
Peston
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DataAI Summit

Having a great time at the summit and learning about the advances with AI. The advantages of adding the ability to use english as a new programming language and the advantage that it will bring to the companies that adapt to the future of Databricks....

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Peston, We're thrilled to hear that you had a great experience at the summit and found the sessions on AI advancements and the use of English as a new programming language insightful. It's exciting to see the potential benefits these advancements...

• 0 kudos
MohammadWasi
by Visitor
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

i can list out the file using dbutils but can not able to read files in databricks

I can list out the file using dbutils but can not able to read files in databricks. PFB in screenshot. I can able to see the  file using dbutils.fs.ls but when i try to read this file using read_excel then it is showing me an error like "FileNotFound...

MohammadWasi_0-1715064354700.png
Data Engineering
Databricks
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
MohammadWasi
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Kaniz I changed file in .xlsx format but again got the same error as above.

• 0 kudos
5 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors