Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Mohit_m
by Valued Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! How to get the Job ID and Run ID and save into a database

We are having Databricks Job running with main class and JAR file in it. Our JAR file code base is in Scala. Now, when our job starts running, we need to log Job ID and Run ID into the database for future purpose. How can we achieve this?

• 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Bruno-Castro
  • 4 kudos

That article is for members only, can we also specify here how to do it (for those that are not medium members?). Thanks!

• 4 kudos
2 More Replies
SreeG
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

CICD for Work Flows

HiI am facing issues when deploying work flows to different environment. The same works for Notebooks and Scripts, when deploying the work flows, it failed with "Authorization Failed. Your token may be expired or lack the valid scope". Anything shoul...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Yeshwanth
Valued Contributor
  • 0 kudos

@SreeG thanks for confirming!

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
MarkD
by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is it possible to migrate data from one DLT pipeline to another?

Hi,We have a DLT pipeline that has been running for a while with a Hive Metastore target that has stored billions of records. We'd like to move the data to a Unity Catalog. The documentation says "Existing pipelines that use the Hive metastore cannot...

Data Engineering
Delta Live Tables
dlt
Unity Catalog
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Yeshwanth
Valued Contributor
  • 0 kudos

@MarkD good day! I'm sorry, but according to the description, existing pipelines using the Hive metastore cannot be upgraded to use Unity Catalog. To migrate an existing pipeline that writes to Hive metastore, you must create a new pipeline and re-in...

• 0 kudos
TheDataDexter
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Single-Node cluster works but Multi-Node clusters do not read data.

I am currently working with a VNET injected databricks workspace. At the moment I have mounted a the databricks cluster on an ADLS G2 resource. When running notebooks on a single node that read, transform, and write data we do not encounter any probl...

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
ellafj
Visitor
  • 3 kudos

@TheDataDexter Did you find a solution to your problem? I am facing the same issue

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
Ameshj
by New Contributor II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dbfs init script migration

I need help with migrating from dbfs on databricks to workspace. I am new to databricks and am struggling with what is on the links provided.My workspace.yml also has dbfs hard-coded. Included is a full deployment with great expectations.This was don...

Data Engineering
Azure Databricks
dbfs
Great expectations
python
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
NandiniN
Valued Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

One of the other suggestions is to use Lakehouse Federation. It is possible it may be a driver issue (we will get to know from the logs)

• 0 kudos
7 More Replies
Red_blue_green
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks: Change the existing schema of columns to non-nullable for a delta table using Pyspark?

Hello,I have currently a delta folder as a table with several columns that are nullable. I want to migrate data to the table and overwrite the content using Pyspark, add several new columns and make them not nullable. I have found a way to make the c...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
kanjinghat
Visitor
  • 0 kudos

Not sure if you found a solution, you can also try as below. In this case you pass the full path to the delta not the table itself.spark.sql(f"ALTER TABLE delta.`{full_delta_path}` ALTER column {column_name} SET NOT NULL") 

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
venkata_kishore
by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

delta live tables - oracle connectivity

Is delta live tables/pipelines support oracle or external database connectivity ? i am getting Oracle Driver not found error. dlt not supporting maven install through asset bundles. ERRORs: 1) py4j.protocol.Py4JJavaError: An error occurred while call...

Data Engineering
Delta Live Tables
dlt
oracle
pipelines
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
RamGoli
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Hi @venkata_kishore  , As of now, DLT does not support Oracle, and one cannot install third-party libraries and JARs. https://docs.databricks.com/en/delta-live-tables/unity-catalog.html#limitationsIf Lakehouse Federation has support for Oracle, then ...

• 1 kudos
israelst
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos

DLT can't authenticate with kinesis using instance profile

When running my notebook using personal compute with instance profile I am indeed able to readStream from kinesis. But adding it as a DLT with UC, while specifying the same instance-profile in the DLT pipeline setting - causes a "MissingAuthenticatio...

Data Engineering
Delta Live Tables
Unity Catalog
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Babu_Krishnan
New Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

@Mathias_Peters , Thanks for the details. Curious how make the roleAan part work , we are able to make it work only with passing accessKey and Secret key, not with roleArn. if you are using SQL based DLT tables , Could you please share some code samp...

• 4 kudos
4 More Replies
dprutean
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDBC Driver Error

connect to databricks unity catalog and meet this error java.sql.SQLException: [Databricks][DatabricksJDBCDriver](500540) Error caught in BackgroundFetcher. Foreground thread ID: 59. Background thread ID: 61. Error caught: null. at com.databricks.cli...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @dprutean, Thank you for providing the details about the error you’re encountering while connecting to the Databricks Unity Catalog using the Databricks JDBC driver. Let’s troubleshoot this step by step: Check your connection string: The conn...

• 0 kudos
AdityaM
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating external tables using gzipped CSV file - S3 URI without extensions

Hi Databricks community,Hope you are doing well.I am trying to create an external table using a Gzipped CSV file uploaded to an S3 bucket.The S3 URI of the resource doesn't have any file extensions, but the content of the file is a Gzipped comma sepa...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
AdityaM
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hey  , thanks for your response. I tried using a Serde(I think the OpenCSVSerde should work for me) but unfortunately im getting the below from the Unity Catalog:[UC_DATASOURCE_NOT_SUPPORTED] Data source format hive is not supported in Unity Catalog....

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
KrishnaK135
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Advanced Data Engineering

Just finished the final day of training. Great content and delivery!

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @KrishnaK135, That's wonderful to hear! We're thrilled that you found the content and delivery of the training at DAIS 2023 to be excellent. Your positive feedback means a lot to us! We also wanted to share some exciting news with you all. The Dat...

• 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors