Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

MarcusC
by Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Temporary views no longer working for Share Compute

If I do this%sqlcreate or replace temporary view myviewasselect * from silver.<schema>.<table>;SHOW VIEWS;select * from myview;It works. But if I do the same on a Shared Compute it fails with[TABLE_OR_VIEW_NOT_FOUND] The table or view `myview` cannot...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi @MarcusC Yes, for west Europe there is issue with temp view, I think this will be resolved soon.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Phani1
by Valued Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Execute Pyspark cells concurrently

Hi Team,Hi Team,Is it feasible to run pyspark cells concurrently in databricks notebooks? If so, kindly provide instructions on how to accomplish this. We aim to execute the intermediate steps simultaneously.The given scenario entails the simultaneou...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Phani1, You can run PySpark cells concurrently in Databricks Notebooks. To achieve this, consider the following approaches: Using dbutils.notebook.run(): The simplest way is to utilize the dbutils.notebook.run() utility. You can call it from ...

• 0 kudos
DLL
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Some columns are being dropped when moving to pandas data set.

Some columns are being dropped when moving to pandas data set. I see part of the dataset, but it does not show when displaying.. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @DLL, It seems like there might be some confusion or an issue with how the dataset is being loaded or processed. Could you please provide more details about which columns are being dropped and how you are moving the dataset to a pandas DataFrame? ...

• 0 kudos
Madalian
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DownLoad CSV files from Delta Lake

We have around 1800 tables in Parq format (Delta Lake). These 1800 tables are very big, we have all these 1800 tables are converted into tables. But we have a requirement that, we need to download in CSV. (from PowerBI / any other reporting tool). Cu...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Madalian, In Power BI, you can directly export data from a visualization to a CSV file. Here’s how: Select the visual you want to export data from.Click the three dots (More options) and choose “Export data.”Specify a location for the CSV file an...

• 0 kudos
Tom_Greenwood
by New Contributor III
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos

UDF importing from other modules

Hi community,I am using a pyspark udf. The function is being imported from a repo (in the repos section) and registered as a UDF in a the notebook. I am getting a PythonException error when the transformation is run. This is comming from the databric...

Tom_Greenwood_0-1706798998837.png
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
DennisB
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

I was getting a similar error (full traceback below), and determined that it's related to this issue. Setting the env variables DATABRICKS_HOST and DATABRICKS_TOKEN as suggested in that Github issue resolved the problem for me (albeit it's not a grea...

• 2 kudos
8 More Replies
astrobil
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tab Stops Indenting in SQL Editor

I am utilizing Databricks via Azure, and I've been consistently experiencing an issue with the SQL Editor. The tab button, instead of indenting, redirects my cursor to seemingly random parts of the page. This problem has persisted since I began using...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 0 kudos

which DBR version are you using? which web browser are you using?

• 0 kudos
kartikmnc
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Regarding Exam got Suspended at middle without any reason.

Hi Team,My Databricks Certified Data Engineer Associate exam got suspended on 17th December and it is in progress state.I was there continuously in front of the camera and suddenly the alert appeared, and support person asked me to show the desk and ...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 1 kudos

Adding @Kaniz for visibility on this request

• 1 kudos
tariq
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SqlContext in DBR 14.3

I have a Databricks workspace in GCP and I am using the cluster with the Runtime 14.3 LTS (includes Apache Spark 3.5.0, Scala 2.12). I am trying to set the checkpoint directory location using the following command in a notebook:spark.sparkContext.set...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 0 kudos

is this error also happening on other DBR versions or only this version shows this message?

• 0 kudos
Hubert-Dudek
by Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

How much USD are you spending on Databricks?

Join two system tables and get exactly how much USD you are spending.The short version of the query: SELECT u.usage_date, u.sku_name, SUM(u.usage_quantity * p.pricing.default) AS total_spent, p.currency_code FROM system.billing....

system_pig.png
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 1 kudos

Thank you for sharing this information @Hubert-Dudek 

• 1 kudos
Darian
by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delta Live table getting error of garbage collection after running few days

Hi, i am using delta live table in continuous mode for a real time streaming data pipeline. After running the pipeline like 2-3 days i am getting this garbage collection error:Driver/10.15.0.73 paused the JVM process 68 seconds during the past 120 se...

Darian_0-1714426883477.png Darian_1-1714426964675.png
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 0 kudos

could you share the ganglia metrics  and how size/type is your driver?

• 0 kudos
Fresher
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Query is taking too long to run

I have two clusters. Cluster A(spark cluster) and cluster B(SQL warehouse). whenever I try to run a particular query using cluster B, it works fine but whenever I try to run same query using cluster A. It's taking time and never show the output

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 0 kudos

Check the physical query plan of the query you are running. Also, check the Spark UI to identify where is taking time and why.

• 0 kudos
shanebo425
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks OutOfMemory error on code that previously worked without issue

I have a notebook in Azure Databricks that does some transformations on a bronze tier table and inserts the transformed data into a silver tier table. This notebook is used to do an initial load of the data from our existing system into our new datal...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 0 kudos

Please review your Spark UI from the old job execution versus the new job execution. You might need to check if the data volume has increase and that could be the reason of the OOM

• 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors