Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

desert_safari
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bugs with text query parameters?

Hi all,I have query with a handful of text query parameters, I need to use to insert data into a table from a dashboard e.g.INSERT INTO user_data (first_name, middle_name, last_name, city, country, zip_code) VALUES ('{{first_name}}', '{{middle_name}}...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
desert_safari
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Sorry my client wants all 3 fields. The middle name has to be there. There are a few cases where people have just one name.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
KVNARK
by Honored Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! grant the access permissions for specific container and also for specific folder within container in Azure Blob storage

Hi,regarding permissions for Azure Storage.we have created the Storage account (blob storage) and within the account we are going to create many containers and in which container we are going to have multiple folders and files.we want to grant permis...

• 1 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 6 kudos

Hi @KVNARK .​ ,You can use the service principle in the azure active directory to grant specific access to that app and use that app credentials to create a new mount point.That will help you to give specific storage permission to users.

• 6 kudos
Databricks_-Dat
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos

what is the supported mssql connector for Databricks runtime 11.3LTS Scala 2.12 Spark 3.3.0?

We were using mssql connector -com.microsoft.azure:spark-mssql-connector_2.12_3.0:1.0.0-alpha with 10.3LTS DBR. As we need to upgrade to higher version of DBR to make use of new functions like unpivot/melt in the notebooks. -com.microsoft.azure:spark...

• 2 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
ranged_coop
Valued Contributor II
  • 4 kudos

Is the spark 3.3 series even supported by the connector yet ?As per the [github link](https://github.com/microsoft/sql-spark-connector#current-releases) - assuming this is the library you are trying to use ?The latest Spark 2.4.x compatible connector...

• 4 kudos
1 More Replies
chanansh
by Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Running stateful spark streaming example fails https://www.databricks.com/blog/2022/10/18/python-arbitrary-stateful-processing-structured-streaming.html

ERROR:py4j.clientserver:There was an exception while executing the Python Proxy on the Python Side. Traceback (most recent call last): File "/databricks/spark/python/lib/py4j-0.10.9.5-src.zip/py4j/clientserver.py", line 617, in _call_proxy retu...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi, The error looks like the failure was fetched from the PY configuration? Could you please provide the whole snippet of the error?

• 0 kudos
StevenW
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Manipulating Data - using Notebooks

I need to read/query table A, manipulate/modify the data and insert the new data into Table A again.I considered using :Cur_Actual = spark.sql("Select * from Table A")currAct_Rows = Cur_Actual.rdd.collect()for row in currAct_Rows: do_somthing(row)...

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Manoj12421
Valued Contributor II
  • 4 kudos

You can use withColumn() for the transformations and then write data this can be append, overwrite, merge .

• 4 kudos
3 More Replies
bgerhardi
by New Contributor III
  • 11 replies
  • 13 kudos

Surrogate Keys with Delta Live

We are considering moving to Delta Live tables from a traditional sql-based data warehouse. Worrying me is this FAQ on identity columns Delta Live Tables frequently asked questions | Databricks on AWS this seems to suggest that we basically can't cre...

• 11 replies
  • 13 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 13 kudos

Hi @Brett Gerhardi​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Tha...

• 13 kudos
10 More Replies
Tomz
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Tomz
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hi Debayan,Thank you for answering my question.We were able to successfully attach the 2nd workspace (on a different AWS account) to the existing UC metastore on another AWS account.Unfortunately, we couldn't figure out what we did differently. It se...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Shanthala
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Can employees of a partner can sign up directly to the Databricks Academy?

Can employees of a partner sign up directly to the Databricks Academy without singing up for Partner Portal - https://partners.databricks.com/ ?

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Shanthala
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

thank you all!! got it. we started a cohort to study Databricks Engineering path last week by directly registering in Partner Academy!!

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari errors in loading

Safari shows a white page, javascript console reports some errors: SyntaxError: Invalid regular expression: invalid group specifier nameUnhandled Promise Rejection: ChunkLoadError: Loading chunk 6956 failed.(missing: https://dd-databricks-live.cloud....

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi, Could you please make sure the safari is updated? Also, please try to clear the caches , history and restart the browser. Also, what are you trying to open and this error is surfaced?

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Joao_DE
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDBC connection

Hi everyone! I have a question. For a project I need to establish a jdbc connection using spark.read. My question is when does the connection is deleted. That is because I will read multiple tables from that database, so if I could just create a conn...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Joao_DE
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi Vidula!I haven´t figure out a solution yet, so any help would be appreciatedThank you!

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
Ayur
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Unsupported_operation : Magic commands (e.g. %py, %sql and %run) are not supported with the exception of %pip within a Python notebook. Cells containing magic commands are ignored - DLT pipeline

Hi,I'm trying to use magic command(to change to python in a notebook with sql as a default language) in a dlt pipeline,.When starting the pipeline cells containing magic command are ignored., with the warning message below:"Magic commands (e.g. %py, ...

• 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Yassine Dehbi​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Than...

• 4 kudos
2 More Replies
chanda02
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

GRANT permission does not work on column level access control for table in unity catalog

I am trying to run below SQL command for granting column specific control to user but it throws error.I have given USE_CATALOG for catalog and USE_SCHEMA permission for schema for the user and have set current catalog and schema.I am using Databricks...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi, you can find the best practises here: https://docs.databricks.com/data-governance/unity-catalog/best-practices.htmlAlso, for cluster access modes for unity catalog : https://docs.databricks.com/data-governance/unity-catalog/index.html#cluster-sec...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors