cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data + AI Summit 2024 - Data Engineering & Streaming

Forum Posts

harry546
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Security Analysis Tool (SAT) On Azure setup failed with error - [UNRESOLVED_COLUMN.WITHOUT_SUGGESTION] A column or function parameter with name `workspace_status` cannot be resolved.

Hi All,I was trying to setup Security Analysis Tool (SAT) on Azure Databricks cluster. I followed the setup steps motioned over here - https://github.com/databricks-industry-solutions/security-analysis-tool/blob/main/docs/setup.mdI started to run "se...

• 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
arun_pamulapati
New Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

For those who may be coming here to this questions, thanks to @Arnold Souza​ and @Harish Koduru​  We not only updated our setup instructions https://github.com/databricks-industry-solutions/security-analysis-tool/blob/main/docs/setup.md but we also c...

• 3 kudos
5 More Replies
Data_Analytics1
by Contributor III
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos

TimeoutException: Futures timed out after [5 seconds]. I am getting this error while running few parallel jobs at an interval of 5 minutes.

java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Futures timed out after [5 seconds] at scala.concurrent.impl.Promise$DefaultPromise.ready(Promise.scala:259) at scala.concurrent.impl.Promise$DefaultPromise.result(Promise.scala:263) at scala.concurrent.Await$.$...

• 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Mahesh Chahare​ Hope everything is going great.Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue. If yes, would you be happy to mark an answer as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? If not, please tell us s...

• 2 kudos
7 More Replies
tech2cloud
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks Autoloader streamReader does not include the partition column as part of output.

I have folder structure at source such as/transaction/date_=2023-01-20/hr_=02/tras01.csv/transaction/date_=2023-01-20/hr_=03/tras02.csvWhere 'date_' and 'hr_' are my partitions and present in the dataset as well. But the streamReader does not read th...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Ravi Vishwakarma​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answ...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
zyang
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Set owner when creating a view in databricks sql

Hi,I would like to set the owner when create a view in databricks sql.Is it possible? I cannot find anything about it.Best

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @z yang​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers your q...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
grazie
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Do you need to be workspace admin to create jobs?

We're using a setup where we use gitlab ci to deploy workflows using a service principal, using the Jobs API (2.1) https://docs.databricks.com/dev-tools/api/latest/jobs.html#operation/JobsCreateWhen we wanted to reduce permissions of the ci to minimu...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Geir Iversen​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers ...

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
elgeo
by Valued Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trasform SQL Cursor using Pyspark in Databricks

We have a Cursor in DB2 which reads in each loop data from 2 tables. At the end of each loop, after inserting the data to a target table, we update records related to each loop in these 2 tables before moving to the next loop. An indicative example i...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @ELENI GEORGOUSI​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answe...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Rahul2025
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Make environment variables defined in init script available to Spark JVM job?

Hi,We're using Databricks Runtime version 11.3LTS and executing a Spark Java Job using a Job Cluster. To automate the execution of this job, we need to define (source in from bash config files) some environment variables through an init script (clust...

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Rahul K​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 4 kudos
3 More Replies
bluesky
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Identity error Spark Sql:not enough data columns;target has 3 but the inserted data has 2, it's the identity column which is missing here

While inserting into target table i am getting an error '"not enough data columns;target has 3 but the inserted data has 2" but it's the identity column which is the 8th column ".insert into table A(col 1,col 2,col3)select col2,col3from table Bjoin t...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @sky blue​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
KaushikMaji
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error org.apache.spark.SparkSQLException: Unsupported type TIMESTAMP_WITH_TIMEZONE

Hi Guys,I am trying to load data from a custom JDBC data source like below. I am getting this error, in spite of specifying "customSchema" attribute on the timestamp column. Do you know how to resolve this?material_master = spark.read \.format("jdbc"...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Kaushik Maji​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thank...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
DBX-Beginer
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Display count of records in all tables in hive meta store based on one of the column value.

I have a DB name called Test in Hive meta store of data bricks. This DB contains around 100 tables. Each table has the column name called sourcesystem and many other columns. Now I need to display the count of records in each table group by source sy...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Krish K​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
doalmeida
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Endpoint not found when creating automl experiment through API and UI

Hi everyone, I'm getting this exact error as shown bellow, when trying to create an automl experiment. This happens both through the UI and the API with my code or with databrick's example code. I've tried looking into this but had no luck finding an...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Diogo Almeida​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Than...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Dataengineer_mm
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Passing a date parameter through workflow

Hi , when we pass the parameter through workflows in DB, should we need to manually provide the parameter all the time? or any dynamic way of passing the parameter?

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Menaka Murugesan​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.T...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Pankaj2009
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

FDBAv2 certificate

Hi Team I haven't received my data bricks vouchers as i have already submitted the Fundamentals of the databricks lakehouse platform V2 . Name: Pankaj Kumar Goyalemail: pankajaggarwal98@gmail.com

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Pankaj kumar Goyal​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best an...

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
KiavData_78669
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is there a native way to have multiple versions of the same notebook/cluster/workflow?

Notebooks code, clusters and workflows definitions can evolve through time. When used in production, I would like to support old versions. Is there a way to run a job referring to a certain notebook version, using a given cluster version? Of course, ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Kiavi Data​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers yo...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Pazuzu7
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading to 11.3lts, Sedona functions throwing null when previously worked fine in 7.3

I'm in the process of upgrading to 11.3. I'm using spark 3.3.0, scala 2.12, maven and sedona 1.2.0 incubating and followed the installation as outlined by sedona here. Everything was running smoothly in version 7.3 but is currently throwing when reac...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @William Honeyman​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answ...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!

Labels