Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

sonalitotade
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Capture events such as Start, Stop and Terminate of cluster.

Hi,I am using databricks with AWS.I need to capture events such as Start, Stop and Terminate of cluster and perform some other action based on the events that happened on the cluster.Is there a way I can achieve this in databricks?

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
sonalitotade
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hi Daniel, thanks for the responseI would like to know if we can capture the event logs as shown in the image below when an event occurs on the cluster.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
KVNARK
by Honored Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! pyspark optimizations and best practices

What and all we can implement maximum to attain the best optimization and which are all the best practices using PySpark end to end.

• 2 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
daniel_sahal
Esteemed Contributor
  • 5 kudos

@KVNARK .​  This video is cool.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daXEp4HmS-E

• 5 kudos
1 More Replies
Gandham
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Maven Libraries are failing on restarting the cluster.

I have installed "com.databricks:spark-xml_2.12:0.16.0" maven libraries to a cluster. The installation was successful. But when I restart the cluster, even this successful installation becomes failed. This happens with all Maven Libraries. Here is th...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

it is intermittent issue, we also faced this issue earlier ,try to upgrade DBR version

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
Therdpong
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

how to check what jobs cluster to have expanddisk.

We would like to know how to check what jobs cluster to have to expand disk.

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 0 kudos

You can check in the cluster's event logs. You can type in the search box, "disk" and you will see all the events there.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
SS2
by Valued Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Spark out of memory error.

Sometimes in Databricks you can see the out of memory error then in that case you can change the cluster size. As per requirement to resolve the issue.

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 1 kudos

Hi @S S​,Could you provide more details on your issue? for example, error stack traces, code snippet, etc. We will be able to help you if you share more details

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
rocky5
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Cannot create delta live table

I created a simple definition of delta live table smth like:CREATE OR REFRESH STREAMING LIVE TABLE customers_silverAS SELECT * FROM STREAM(LIVE.customers_bronze)But I am getting an error when running a pipeline:com.databricks.sql.transaction.tahoe.De...

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 2 kudos

You might need to execute the following on your tables to avoid this error message ALTER TABLE <table_name> SET TBLPROPERTIES ( 'delta.minReaderVersion' = '2', 'delta.minWriterVersion' = '5', 'delta.columnMapping.mode' = 'name' )Docs https...

• 2 kudos
BL
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Error reading in Parquet file

I am trying to read a .parqest file from a ADLS gen2 location in azure databricks . But facing the below error:spark.read.parquet("abfss://............/..._2023-01-14T08:01:29.8549884Z.parquet")org.apache.spark.SparkException: Job aborted due to stag...

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 3 kudos

Can you access the executor logs? When you cluster is up and running, you can access the executor's logs. For example, the error shows:org.apache.spark.SparkException: Job aborted due to stage failure: Task 0 in stage 0.0 failed 4 times, most recent ...

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
cmilligan
by Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Undescriptive error when trying to insert overwrite into a table

I have a query that I'm trying to insert overwrite into a table. In an effort to try and speed up the query I added a range join hint. After adding it I started getting the error below.I can get around this though by creating a temporary view of the ...

Screenshot_20230118_104626
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 0 kudos

Could you share your code and the full error stack trace please? Check the driver logs for the full stack trace.

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
jagac
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot log into Community Edition.

Hi there, I recently made an account on the Community Edition and cannot seem to log in. Error says the following:Invalid email address or passwordNote: Emails/usernames are case-sensitiveSo I tried to reset my password and still could not log in. I ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @jagac petrovic​ Thank you for reaching out, and we’re sorry to hear about this log-in issue! We have this Community Edition login troubleshooting post on Community. Please take a look, and follow the troubleshooting steps. If the steps do not res...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
User16835756816
by Valued Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

How can I optimize my data pipeline?

Delta Lake provides optimizations that can help you accelerate your data lake operations. Here’s how you can improve query speed by optimizing the layout of data in storage.There are two ways you can optimize your data pipeline: 1) Notebook Optimizat...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

some tips from me:Look for data skews; some partitions can be huge, some small because of incorrect partitioning. You can use Spark UI to do that but also debug your code a bit (get getNumPartitions()), especially SQL can divide it unequally to parti...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
Arun_Kumar
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

List of Databricks tables created by a user

Hi team,​Could you please confirm below clarifications1. How can we get the list of tables created by a user in particular workspace?2. How can we get the list of tables created by user from multiple workspaces? ( Same user has access to 10 workspace...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
ashish1
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Hi Arun, hope your query is answered. Please select the best answer or let us know if any further questions.

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
AndriusVitkausk
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reading multi-dimensional json files

So I've been having some issues reading a json file that's been provided to the business with another nesting layer, so instead of a json being an:'array of objects' -> [ {} ,{} ,{} ] It's an 'array of arrays of objects' -> [ [ {}, {} ,{} ], [ {} ,{}...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
ashish1
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

You can use the explode function to flatten the array to rows, can you post a simple example of your data?

• 0 kudos
LavaLiah_85929
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

"desc history" shows versions older than the default logRetentionDuration of 30 days

I have a cdc enabled table where no data changes were made since July 28. Then updates started occurring from November 22 onwards. The first checkpoint occurred on Nov 28. Based on the corresponding timestamp of checkpoint and log files, it looks lik...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
shyam_9
Valued Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Laval Liahkim​, could you please try running the VACUUM with 30 days retention?Please confirm when you last run the cmd with the 30-day retention period. Also, when you created this table and do you see old data files were deleted?Also, when disk...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
espenol
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to debug Workflow Jobs timing out and DLT pipelines running forever?

So I'm the designated data engineer for a proof of concept we're running, I'm working with one infrastructure guy who's setting up everything in Terraform (company policy). He's got the setup down for Databricks so we can configure clusters and run n...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
shan_chandra
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

@Espen Solvang​ - Just thought of checking with you, could you please let us know if you require further assistance on this?

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
nimble
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How can I run a streaming query on a new table with tbl property: change data feed enabled?

In Databricks on AWS, I am trying to run a streaming query (trigger=Once) with delta.enableChangeDataFeed=true in the table definition as instructed, but this always fails with :ERROR: Some streams terminated before this command could finish!   com.d...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
swethaNandan
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi @daniel e​ Can you try running the select command on table changes from 0th version and see if you get output?SELECT * FROM table_changes('tableName', 0)Also, Please share the streaming query that you are running.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors