Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Safari problems after the maintenance on 12/9/2022

I'm experience some problems on Safari 15.3 ( MacOS )I would like to know if I am alone in this and how to fix ( if I can ) this.This is the Databricks SQLData science and Engineering. ( is this case Workflows).

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 11.58.39 AM Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 12.00.19 PM
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

The problem is fixed, anything works as usual.

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
Aidonis
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Load Data from Sharepoint Site to Delta table in Databricks

Hi New to the community so sorry if my post lacks detail.I am trying to create a connection between databricks and a sharepoint site to read excel files into a delta tableI can see there is a FiveTran partner connection that we can use to get sharepo...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Aidan Heffernan​ you can use Sharepoint Rest API to connect with databricks Please refer below code- from office365.sharepoint.client_context import ClientContext from office365.runtime.auth.client_credential import ClientCredential sharep...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
ossinova
by Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jobs failing with repl error

Recently my Databricks jobs have failed with the error message:Failure starting repl. Try detaching and re-attaching the notebook.   java.lang.Exception: Python repl did not start in 30 seconds seconds. at com.databricks.backend.daemon.driver.Ipyker...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Yes, you can use re-try if still it's not resolve raise a support ticket to databricks

• 1 kudos
User16826992666
by Valued Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Can I query my Delta tables with PowerBI?

I would like to connect to the Delta tables I have created with PowerBI to use for reporting. Is it possible to do this with Databricks or do I have to write my data to some other serving layer?

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
gbrueckl
Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

if you want to read your Delta Lake table directly from the storage without the need of having a Databricks cluster up and running you can also use the official connector Power BI connector for Delta Lake https://github.com/delta-io/connectors/tree/m...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
KVNARK
by Honored Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 11 kudos

Resolved! Delta table output to Databricks SQL

How to write a delta table output to Databricks SQL for analysis purpose.

• 5 replies
  • 11 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 11 kudos

Hi @KVNARK .​, We haven’t heard from you since the last response from @Brian Labrom​ and @Ajay Pandey​ and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please do share that with the community as it can ...

• 11 kudos
4 More Replies
KVNARK
by Honored Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Trigger another .py file by uisng 2 .py files.

Hi,I have 3 .py files - a.py, b.py & c.py files. By joining a.py & b.py, based on the output that I get need to trigger the c.py file.

• 1 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 5 kudos

Hi @KVNARK .​ refer below link this will help in thisLink

• 5 kudos
kskistad
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Streaming Delta Live Tables

I'm a little confused about how streaming works with DLT. My first questions is what is the difference in behavior if you set the pipeline mode to "Continuous" but in your notebook you don't use the "streaming" prefix on table statements, and simila...

• 2 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
LandanG
Honored Contributor
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Kory Skistad​ ,First Q:  When an update is triggered for a pipeline, a streaming table or view processes only new data that has arrived since the last update. Data already processed is automatically tracked by the Delta Live Tables runtime. So yo...

• 4 kudos
1 More Replies
dulu
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 6 kudos

Is there a function similar to split_part, json_extract_scalar?

I am using spark_sql version 3.2.1. Is there a function that can replacesplit_part,json_extract_scalarare not?

• 3 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Ankush
New Contributor II
  • 6 kudos

pyspark.sql.functions.get_json_object(col, path)[source]Extracts json object from a json string based on json path specified, and returns json string of the extracted json object. It will return null if the input json string is invalid.​

• 6 kudos
2 More Replies
Rey
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hi Nadia, Avail Free Exam Vouchers

Hi Nadia,I am preparing for multiple databricks certifications. Could you please provide me any events links to my email address "databrickscertificates.2022.23@gmail.com" so that I can register to the event and avail any FREE vouchers for exams.

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Nadia1
Honored Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hello Rey, There are currently no events running that are offering free vouchers. We are offering 75% vouchers. Please check out our events page for future events: https://www.databricks.com/learn/training/homeThank you!

• 0 kudos
Sujitha
by Community Manager
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos

Weekly Release Notes Recap�� Here’s a quick recap of the latest release notes updates from the past one week. Databricks platform release notes...

Weekly Release Notes Recap Here’s a quick recap of the latest release notes updates from the past one week.Databricks platform release notes December 1-6, 2022Partner Connect supports connecting to AtScale:You can now easily create a connection betwe...

• 4 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor
  • 5 kudos

@Uma Maheswara Rao Desula​ if i am not wrong, below ideas portal should help you Ideas Portal | Databricks on AWS

• 5 kudos
3 More Replies
avenu
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

AutoLoader - process multiple files

I need to process files of different schema coming to different folders in ADLS using Autoloader. Do I need to start a separate read stream for each file type / folder or can this be handled using a single stream ?When I tried using a single stream, ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Wassim
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

As you are talking about different schemas ,perhaps schemaevolutionmode, infercolumntypes, or schemahints may help?? Check out this- 32min onward - https://youtu.be/8a38Fv9cpd8 ​Hope it helps, do let know how you solve it if you can.​

• 0 kudos
Wassim
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Cancelling the exam- need to know whats policy if had scheduled the exam with voucher

I have my exam scheduled for next month ,but I am going to cancel it( i have regestered this exam using a voucher, In future i may schedule other exam ,would i be able to utilize that voucher that i used for the exam am gonna cancel? I mean could tha...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Harun
Honored Contributor
  • 1 kudos

No, once redeemed means you cannot use the voucher again, better reschedule the exam now itself.

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Sujitha
by Community Manager
  • 1 replies
  • 4 kudos

Documentation Update  Databricks documentation provides how-to guidance and reference information for data analysts, data scientists, and data enginee...

Documentation Update Databricks documentation provides how-to guidance and reference information for data analysts, data scientists, and data engineers working in the Databricks Data Science & Engineering, Databricks Machine Learning, and Databricks ...

• 1 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Harun
Honored Contributor
  • 4 kudos

Thanks for sharing @Sujitha Ramamoorthy​ 

• 4 kudos
bernardocouto
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Databricks SQL Connector Abstraction for Python

Databricks SQL framework, easy to learn, fast to code, ready for production.I built an abstraction of the databricks-sql-connector in order to follow a pattern closer to the concepts of ORM tools, in addition to facilitating the adoption of the data ...

• 1 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

Sure, will try and provide feedback for same

• 4 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors