Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

akshay_1333
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

Note book formatting

I am using DBR 10.4 LTS instance can anyone help me formatting the code.I have tried with format python error pop up with upgrade to DBR 11.2 any other alternative to this? 

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

please give us a code by that we can help you

• 3 kudos
Ossian
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Driver restarts and job dies after 10-20 hours (Structured Streaming)

I am running a java/jar Structured Streaming job on a single node cluster (Databricks runtime 8.3). The job contains a single query which reads records from multiple Azure Event Hubs using Spark Kafka functionality and outputs results to a mssql dat...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

its seems that when your nodes are increasing it is seeking for init script and it is failing so you can use reserve instances for this activity instead of spot instances it will increase your overall costor alternatively, you can use depended librar...

• 0 kudos
Pragat
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks job parameterization

I am configuring an Databricks jobs using multiple notebooks having dependency with each other. All the notebooks are parameterized and using similiar parameters. How can i configure the parameter on global level so that all the notebooks can consume...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

actually, it is very hard but if you want to use an alternative option you have to change your code and use a widget feature of data bricks.May be this is not a right option but you can still explore this doc for testing purpose https://docs.databric...

• 0 kudos
Netty
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

What's the crontab notation for every other week for Databricks Workflow scheduling?

Hello,I need to schedule some of my jobs within Databricks Workflow every other week (or every 4 weeks). I've scoured a few forums for find what this notation would be, but I've been unfruitful in my searches.Is this scheduling possible in crontab? I...

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

For every seven days starting from Monday, you need to use 2/7. From my experience, that generator works best with databricks https://www.freeformatter.com/cron-expression-generator-quartz.html 

• 2 kudos
Heman2
by Valued Contributor II
  • 6 replies
  • 19 kudos

Can anyone let me know, Is there anyway In which we can access different workspace delta tables in a workspace where we run the pipelines using python...

Can anyone let me know, Is there anyway In which we can access different workspace delta tables in a workspace where we run the pipelines using python?​

• 6 replies
  • 19 kudos
Latest Reply
Harish2122
Contributor
  • 19 kudos

@Hemanth A​ go to the workspace you want data from, in warehouse tab you will find connectivity in that copy host name, http path and generate token for it, by this credentials you can access the data of this workspace in any other workspace.

• 19 kudos
5 More Replies
dulu
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 14 kudos

Resolved! How to count the number of campaigns per day based on the start and end dates of the campaigns in SQL Spark Databrick

I need to count the number of campaigns per day based on the start and end dates of the campaignsInput Table: Out needed (result):How do I need to write the SQL command in databricks to get the above result? thanks all

image 1 image 2
  • 3 replies
  • 14 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 14 kudos

Just create an array with sequence, explode it, and then group and count:WITH cte AS (SELECT `campaign name`, explode(sequence(`Start date`, `End date`, interval 1 day)) as `Date` FROM `campaigns`) SELECT Count(`campaign name`) as `count uni...

• 14 kudos
2 More Replies
by New Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Needed a regex to (CC)

SELECT '(CC) ABC' REGEXP '\\b\\(CC\\)\\b' AS TEST1,    'A(CC) ABC' REGEXP '\\b\\(CC\\)\\b' AS TEST2,    'A (CC)A ABC' REGEXP '\\b\\(CC\\)\\b' AS TEST3,    'A (CC) A ABC' REGEXP '\\b\\(CC\\)\\b' AS TEST4,    'A ABC (CC)' REGEXP '\\b\\(CC\\)\\b' AS TES...

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
seberino
by New Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

How revoke SELECT permissions on a table in Data Explorer when it only lets me revoke new explicit grants I've added myself?

I'm able to make it to the Permission page of the schema and table I'm trying to do access control on within the Data Explorer page.At first you can only grant permissions but not revoke anything. Only after you have made new grants can you revoke w...

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
andrew0117
by Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

How to sync the meta store info with the real data for external delta table

if I manually delete some parque files in location which the real data is stored in, so spark catalog still has the old version. How can I sync them?Thanks!

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
youssefmrini
Honored Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

You just need to create a new table and specify the location of the data for your case it's going to be an ADLS, S3...Example​Create table customer using delta location 'mnt/data./'

• 2 kudos
KellenO
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 8 kudos

Resolved! How can I use cluster autoscaling with intensive subprocess calls?

I have a custom application/executable that I upload to DBFS and transfer to my cluster's local storage for execution. I want to call multiple instances of this application in parallel, which I've only been able to successfully do with Python's subpr...

• 2 replies
  • 8 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 8 kudos

Autoscaling works for spark jobs only. It works by monitoring the job queue, which python code won't go into. If it's just python code, try single node.https://docs.databricks.com/clusters/configure.html#cluster-size-and-autoscaling

• 8 kudos
1 More Replies
Taha_Hussain
by Valued Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos

Connect a BI Tool: How do I access my lakehouse data from my BI tool?

You can find a rich ecosystem of tools that allow you to work with all your data in-place and deliver real-time business insights faster.This post will help you connect your existing tools like dbt, Fivetran, PowerBI, Tableau or SAP to ingest, transf...

Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 11.54.56 PM
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Axserv
New Contributor II
  • 5 kudos

Hello Taha, here is a fairly recent video provided by Databricks on conncecting Power BI : Demo Video: Connect to Power BI Desktop from Databricks - YouTube

• 5 kudos
4 More Replies
ranged_coop
by Valued Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Equivalent Machine Types between Databricks on Azure and GCP

Hi All,Hope everyone is doing well.We are currently validating Databricks on GCP and Azure.We have a python notebook that does some ETL (Copy, extract zip files and process files within the zip files)Our Cluster Config on AzureDBX Runtime - 10.4 - Dr...

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
ranged_coop
Valued Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

hi @Tunde Abib​ , I have gone through the links while updating, but did not see any major documented slow downs mentioned in them. 

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
Sujitha
by Community Manager
  • 6 replies
  • 5 kudos

KB Feedback Discussion  In addition to the Databricks Community, we have a Support team that maintains a Knowledge Base (KB). The KB contains answers ...

KB Feedback Discussion In addition to the Databricks Community, we have a Support team that maintains a Knowledge Base (KB). The KB contains answers to common questions about Databricks, as well as information on optimisation and troubleshooting.Thes...

• 6 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 5 kudos

Thanks for sharing @Sujitha Ramamoorthy​ 

• 5 kudos
5 More Replies
Netty
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! What's the easiest way to upsert data into a table? (Azure ADLS Gen2)

I had been trying to upsert rows into a table in Azure Blob Storage (ADLS Gen 2) based on two partitions (sample code below). insert overwrite table new_clicks_table partition(client_id, mm_date) select click_id ,user_id ,click_timestamp_gmt ,ca...

• 5 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 7 kudos

Below code might help youPython- (df.write .mode("overwrite") .option("partitionOverwriteMode", "dynamic") .saveAsTable("default.people10m") )   SQL- SET spark.sql.sources.partitionOverwriteMode=dynamic; INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE default.people10m...

• 7 kudos
4 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors