Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

DineshNO
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to execute a spark-submit on a databricks job for a spring-boot jar built using maven. Failing with error : Error: Failed to load class com.****.settlement.jobs.EntryPoint.

I have setup a spring boot application which works as expected as a standalone spring boot app.When i build the jar and try to set it up as a databricks job, i am facing these issues.i am getting same error in local as well.I have tried using maven-s...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 kudos

could you please try with python terminal and see how that behaves?I am not 100% sure if this is relates to your use case.@Dinesh L​ 

• 1 kudos
F29
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

is possible duplicated a new job in another stage Databricks? Devops or some way?

I need duplicated a new job create in stage A in another stage, automatically. is posible?

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

you may try to get the job details from our job api https://docs.databricks.com/dev-tools/api/latest/jobs.html#operation/JobsGet and get the response to duplicate it.,

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
pantelis_mare
by Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Spark 3 AQE and cache

Hello everybody,I recently discovered (the hard way) that when a query plan uses cached data, the AQE does not kick-in. Result is that you loose the super cool feature of dynamic partition coalesce (no more custom shuffle readers in the DAG). Is ther...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Pantelis Maroudis​,Did you check the physical query plan? did you check the SQL sub tab with in Spark UI? it will help you to undertand better what is happening.

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
pantelis_mare
by Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Too long hive type string

Hello community!I have a table with a column that is an array of a struct that has a very very long schema.When the table is written, all works well. Though, when I create a view based on this table and I try to access the view I get the error:rg.apa...

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Afzal
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

@Pantelis Maroudis​ , were you able to solve this issue? Please advise if you got any tip. Thanks in advance

• 1 kudos
5 More Replies
BradSheridan
by Valued Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Using a UDF in %sql?

Afternoon everyone! I logged in hoping to see some suggestions but think maybe I need to reword the question a little How can I create a UDF that converts '30000101' to timestamp and then use it in a query like below?%sqlselectfield1,field2,nvl(some...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
BradSheridan
Valued Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Got it working (but going to post a new question momentarily): I needed to use timestamp(date '3000-01-01) instead of to_timestamp

• 0 kudos
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Running query on INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS

Hi,I am trying to run following query:SELECT table_schema, table_name, COUNT(column_name) FROM {db_name}.INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS GROUP BY table_schema, table_nameand I am getting following error:Error in SQL statement: AnalysisException: Catalog n...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16741082858
Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Suman Karki​, can you check if UC is enabled in the advanced settings of the endpoint? Also, what DBR is your DE cluster, and what Security Mode did you choose?

• 0 kudos
elmohan
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Databricks Large Tables

At one of the Databricks presentations in August a new type of table was introduced, I kind of remember these were large tables which did not change much. I think I heard these new table typed were in Beta. Unfortunately I lost my notes for that pres...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi, Thanks for reaching out to community.databricks.com. Are you talking about data objects in Databricks lakehouse? https://docs.databricks.com/lakehouse/data-objects.html

• 0 kudos
JohnMartensDB
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Error with live connection SQL Datawarehouse

Error type: System call error. Cannot make named pipe /tmp/EvtnUM74TA574813952 due to error: No space left on device..))I can't find anything recent online related to Databricks or the SQL warehouses specifically. I don't seem to have enough monitori...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
JohnMartensDB
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Microstrategy connects to a small SQL Datawarehouse (SQL endpoint), which I guess is serverless by default. I don't believe the Databricks UI gives many options other than size and cost efficient or reliable setting. May be a temporary issue since it...

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
TMNGB
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Databricks to Azure Synapse SQL Server: error converting between Spark and Parquet column types

When writing data from Pyspark to Azure SQL Server (official databricks tutorial here) I am getting an error in the conversion between Spark and Parquet types.I believe this is caused in the temporary storage location mandatory when writing data from...

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos
PriyaAnanthram
by Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Past and Present sessions

Hi DatabricksCould we please regarding information about upcoming sessions and recorded videos of past sessions .This would be v helpful for users like meKind RegardsPriya

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

the upcoming events are available on the community homepage.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
jasperputs
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Add Identity Column to Existing Table

Hello everyone. I am working with tables that need an identity column. I currently have a view in which I cast the different columns to the data type that I want. Now I want the result of this view to be inserted or merged into a table. The schema of...

• 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
ramankr48
Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

Hello @Jasper Puts​ how did you solve this issue of creating a identity column to existing table.I'm also getting the same error as you got.

• 3 kudos
5 More Replies
Ravikumashi
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

compatibility issue between 7.3 LTS and 10.4 LTS

We have views created with mixed case column names in 7.3 LTS and when we do select * from view everything looks OK I mean column names display in mixed case and problem started as we recently migrated to 10.4 LTS.Same views created with create or re...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

@Ravikumar Kumashi​ other than the DBR version, do you have any other configuration on the clusters? Also, is it possible for you to share a sample table and code so we could reproduce this?

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
merca
by Valued Contributor II
  • 12 replies
  • 3 kudos

Value array {{QUERY_RESULT_ROWS}} in Databricks SQL alerts custom template

Please include in documentation an example how to incorporate the `QUERY_RESULT_ROWS` variable in the custom template.

• 12 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Merca Ovnerud​ ,Here is the docs link https://docs.databricks.com/sql/user/alerts/index.html please let me know if this helps or you still have more follow questions.

• 3 kudos
11 More Replies
VeeraNerella
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos

How to use a bash variable, which holds a value to the below subsequent cells in Data bricks notebook?

%shexport aa=100echo $aOUTPUT: 100in the below cell trying to use the variable a, but it's not printing the value%shecho $aOUTPUT:

• 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Veera N​ , We haven’t heard from you on the last response from @Hubert Dudek​, and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please do share that with the community as it can be helpful to others...

• 4 kudos
4 More Replies
prasasiv
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

error message while connecto azure databricks through odbc connector

Hi All, I am getting below error often while trying to load data from databricks using spark odbc connections. QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA: SQL##f - SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 61, ErrorMsg: [Simba][Hardy] (61) Server returned error with no error mess...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @siva prasad​, Please go through this article which explains how to configure the Databricks ODBC and JDBC drivers.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors