Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

swetha
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

I am unable to attach a streaming listener to a spark streaming job. Error: no streaming listener attached to the spark application is the error we are observing post accessing streaming statistics API. Please help us with this issue ASAP. Thanks.

Issue:After adding the listener jar file in the cluster init script, the listener is working (From what I see in the stdout/log4j logs)But when I try to hit the 'Content-Type: application/json' http://host:port/api/v1/applications/app-id/streaming/st...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Hi @swetha kadiyala​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Th...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Sadiq
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos

Fixed length file from Databricks notebook ( Spark SQL)

Hi ,I need help writing data from azure databricks notebook into Fixed Length .txt.notebook has 10 lakh rows and 86 columns. can anyone suggest me

• 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 4 kudos

Hi @sadiq vali​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 4 kudos
5 More Replies
PrebenOlsen
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

GroupBy in delta live tables fails with error "RuntimeError: Query function must return either a Spark or Koalas DataFrame"

I have a delta live table that I'm trying to run GroupBy on, but getting an error: "RuntimeError: Query function must return either a Spark or Koalas DataFrame". Here is my code:@dlt.table def groups_hierarchy():   df = dlt.read_stream("groups_h...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Preben Olsen​ Does @Debayan Mukherjee​  response answer your question? If yes, would you be happy to mark it as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly?We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
by Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pulling Data From Stripe to Databricks using the Webhook

I am doing some investigation in how to connect Databricks and Stripe. Stirpe has really good documentation and I have decided to set up a webhook in Django as per their recommendation. This function handles events as they occur in stripe:-----------...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Munni
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hai,I need somehelp,I am reading csv file through pyspark ,in which one field encoded with double quotes,I should get that value along with double quo...

Hai,I need somehelp,I am reading csv file through pyspark ,in which one field encoded with double quotes,I should get that value along with double quotes.Spark version is 3.0.1.col1,col2,col3"A",""B,C"","D"-----------INPUTOUTPUT:A , "B,C" , D

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
KrishZ
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Where to report a bug with Databricks ?

I have in issue in Pyspark.Pandas to report.Is there a github or some forum where I can register my issue?Here's the issue

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Hi, @Krishna Zanwar​ Could you please raise a support case to report the bug. Please refer https://docs.databricks.com/resources/support.html to engage with Databricks Support.

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Andrei_Radulesc
by Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Error: cannot create mws credentials: Cannot complete request; user is unauthenticated

I am configuring databricks_mws_credentials through Terraform on AWS. This used to work up to a couple days ago - now, I am getting "Error: cannot create mws credentials: Cannot complete request; user is unauthenticated".My user/pw/account credential...

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Andrei_Radulesc
Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Update: after changing the account password, the error went away. There seems to have been a temporary glitch in Databricks preventing Terraform from working with the old password - because the old password was correctly set up.Anyhow, now I have a w...

• 2 kudos
RohitKulkarni
by Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Get file from SharePoint to copy into Azure blob storage

Hello Team,I am trying to copy the xlx files from sharepoint and move to the Azure blob storageUSERNAME = app_config_client.get_configuration_setting(key='BIAppConfig:SharepointUsername',label='BIApp').valuePASSWORD = app_config_client.get_configurat...

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Data + AI World Tour �� ✈️ Data + AI World Tour brings the data lakehouse to the global datacommunity. With content, customers and speakers tai...

Data + AI World Tour Data + AI World Tour brings the data lakehouse to the global datacommunity. With content, customers and speakers tailored to eachregion, the tour showcases how and why the data lakehouse is quicklybecoming the cloud data archite...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
ahuarte
by New Contributor III
  • 18 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Getting Spark & Scala version in Cluster node initialization script

Hi there, I am developing a Cluster node initialization script (https://docs.gcp.databricks.com/clusters/init-scripts.html#environment-variables) in order to install some custom libraries.Reading the docs of Databricks we can get some environment var...

• 18 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Lingesh
New Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

We can infer the cluster DBR version using the env $DATABRICKS_RUNTIME_VERSION. (For the exact spark/scala version mapping, you can refer to the specific DBR release notes)Sample usage inside a init script, DBR_10_4_VERSION="10.4" if [[ "$DATABRICKS_...

• 3 kudos
17 More Replies
nickagel
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos

AWS Glue Catalog w/ Delta Tables Connected to Databricks SQL Engine - Incompatible format detected.

I've posted the same question on stack overflow to try to maximize reach here & potentially raise this issue to Databricks.I am trying to query delta tables from my AWS Glue Catalog on Databricks SQL Engine. They are stored in Delta Lake format. I ha...

• 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Nick Agel​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 4 kudos
4 More Replies
tariq
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Importing python module

I'm not sure how a simple thing like importing a module in python can be so broken in such a product. First, I was able to make it work using the following:import sys sys.path.append("/Workspace/Repos/Github Repo/sparkling-to-databricks/src") from ut...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
KrishZ
Contributor
  • 0 kudos

I too wonder the same thing. How can importing a python module be so difficult and not even documented lol.No need for libraries..Here's what worked for me..Step1: Upload the module by first opening a notebook >> File >> Upload Data >> drag and drop ...

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
mattmunz
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How can I resolve this SSL error which occurrs when calling databricks-sql-connector/databricks.sql.connect() from my python app?

Error: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: self signed certificate in certificate chain (_ssl.c:997)>  python --versionPython 3.10.4This error seems to be coming from the thrift backend. I suspect but have not confirmed that t...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
ziggy
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

I have the same issue and tried the solution mentioned above. It still did not work. I am getting below errorError: ('HY000', '[HY000] [Simba][ThriftExtension] (14) Unexpected response from server during a HTTP connection: SSL_connect: certificate ve...

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors