Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

AlexandrePellet
by New Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Orchestration Preview - Error updating [JobName] - Either new_cluster or existing_cluster_id must be specified.

I've created a new job with the new UI / feature enabled. I managed to create one task with a new job cluster successfully but when adding a second task with a new job cluster and trying to save it I received the following error: Error updating [Job...

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
eignerfr
New Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

Hi, I have a similar issue.I'm using the 14 day free trial, setting up the default basic-starter cluster.Then I just followed the basic introduction of dbx with python. https://docs.databricks.com/dev-tools/dbx.htmlCommand Execute is working, but whe...

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
Kash
by Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Databricks Academy - DataBricks SQL missing for standard users?

Hi there,I'm taking a class in Databricks academy on DataBricks SQL and my company dashboard and community dashboard both are missing the SQL dropdown option. How can those taking classes in the academy actually use the tools we are learning about if...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

https://community.databricks.com/s/question/0D58Y00008wA5klSAC/flatten-a-complex-json-file-and-load-into-a-delta-tableMyAARPMedicare.com

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
arda_123
by New Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks Notebook Dashboard

I want to update one widget based on another widget. It gets updated but the dropdown shows the last selected in the dashboard view, but if I go to the notebook view from the dashboard view it updates. Any help? is it a bug?

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
arda_123
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 2 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 5 kudos

It will be attached to the same cluster, and both will see live the same situation (so it will be, in fact, not run two times but one shared)You can use Repos and branches so everyone will get their branch and own notebook.

• 5 kudos
1 More Replies
ao1
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

VPC status is BROKEN

Hi,AllWhen I check cloud resources, the VPC status is BROKEN.However, the cluster is runnning without any problems.What is the BROKEN state?And how can I get it healthy?Regards.

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 2 kudos

Hi @aoi inanaga​, Please restart your cluster and check how it's working.

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
jayallenmn
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Analyzing 23 GB JSON file

Hey all, We're trying to analyze the data in a 23 GB JSON file. We're using the basic starter cluster - one node, 2 cpu x 8GB.We can read the JSON file into a spark dataframe and print out the schema but if we try and do any operations that won't c...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Jay Allen​ you can refer to the cluster sizing doc.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Cozy
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 8 kudos

Resolved! How do I get information of aws cost?

Hi there.I can get Databricks cost(dbus) from usage_log. But, how do I get AWS cost information?I want to show Databricks and AWS cost in my Databricks SQL Dashborad.

• 6 replies
  • 8 kudos
Latest Reply
Cozy
New Contributor III
  • 8 kudos

Hi @Kaniz Fatma​ @Prabakar Ammeappin​ Sorry for the late reply.Every answers was helpful for me! My problem has been solved. Thanks!

• 8 kudos
5 More Replies
vk217
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Token management is not enabled for this feature tier

I want to create a personal access token for a service principal so that I can use that service principal personal access token in the databricks-connect configure command in an automated build. I followed the instructions from here.https://docs.data...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

@Vikas B​ https://docs.databricks.com/dev-tools/api/latest/scim/scim-sp.html#scim-api-20-serviceprincipals let me know if this helps.

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Data_Engineer3
by Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Unable to access Scala and python variables in-between shells in same notebook.

I am facing issue in while accessing python data frame in Scala shell and vice versa. I am getting error variable not defined.

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
tomasz
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

The context is not shared between Scala and Python so you won't be able to access the same variables directly. However you can use createOrReplaceTempView to create a temporary view of your dataframe and read it in the other language with read_df = s...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Ian
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Delta Live Tables - how do you merge multiple streaming datasets into a single one?

I need to create a dataset that is dependent on multiple streaming datasets. However, when I attempt to create the new single stream I am getting an error. Append output mode not supported when there are streaming aggregations on streaming DataFrame...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Ian
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Hi Kaniz/Jose, I was able to resolve the issue. I used 'union all' to avoid aggregation on the stream and have it continue to write to the table in append mode.This issue can be closed.

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
petilodie
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! How can I change the admin settings by Terraform?

I need to update most of the settings that are visible on the Admin Console UI by using Terraform. In another post in this forum I saw that I can use `custom_config` in a `databricks_workspace_conf` resource to achieve that but the options seem limit...

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
petilodie
New Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

Ok, looks like I can inspect the network and see which flags are sent to the endpoint. Tried that and it worked.

• 3 kudos
hu_daa
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks and conda-env support

In my current company, we have a Hadoop cluster in which we extensively use conda environments and conda-packs. What are the requirements for Databricks to work with this setup?

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Hugo Ferreira​, Databricks Runtime with Conda was a Databricks runtime based on Conda environments instead of Python virtual environments, available only in Beta. If you want to use Conda to manage Python libraries and environments, use a support...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! unable to create delta tables in aws glue catalog

unable to create delta tables in aws glue catalogThe project requires that we integrate with the AWS Glue catalog.We would like to be able to create tables in delta format in the glue catalog.To test this functionality. We did the followingCreated th...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Hi @extCheeren.John​, We haven't heard from you since my last response, and I was checking back to see if my suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others. Also, please do...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
mgiglia
by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! GitHub Credentials Won’t Save on User Settings Page

When I attempt to save my username and token for Github I receive a “Failed to Save. Try again.” message. I’ve used Azure DevOps with another DB workspace and never had an issue saving my PAT. I’ve tried using both my GitHub username and email wi...

Failed to save.  Please try again.
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
mgiglia
Contributor
  • 2 kudos

Quick update that I’ve now attempted to save my PAT for Github using two different computers and browser types (Safari and Chrome) and all have given the same “Failed to save. Please try again” message. Thankfully I can still clone from public repo...

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors