Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to read a compressed file in spark if the filename does not include the file extension for that compression format?

For example, let's say I have a file called some-file, which is a gzipped text file. If I try spark.read.text('some-file'), it will return a bunch of gibberish since it doesn't know that the file is gzipped. I'm looking to manually tell spark the fil...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Francie
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

The community is field for the approval of the terms. The struggle of a great site is recommend for the norms. The value is suggested for the top of the vital paths for the finding members.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
prasadvaze
by Valued Contributor
  • 14 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! How to query delta lake using SQL desktop tools like SSMS or DBVisualizer

Is there a way to use sql desktop tools? because delta OSS or databricks does not provide desktop client (similar to azure data studio) to browse and query delta lake objects.I currently use databricks SQL , a webUI in the databricks workspace but se...

• 14 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
prasadvaze
Valued Contributor
  • 6 kudos

DSR is Delta Standalone Reader. see more here - https://docs.delta.io/latest/delta-standalone.htmlIts a crate (and also now a py library) that allows you to connect to delta tables without using spark (e.g. directly from python and not using pyspa...

• 6 kudos
13 More Replies
rajib76
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! DBFS with Google Cloud Storage(GCS)

Does DBFS support GCS?

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Yes you need just to create service account for databricks and than assign storage admin role to bucket. After that you can mount GCS standard way:bucket_name = "<bucket-name>" mount_name = "<mount-name>" dbutils.fs.mount("gs://%s" % bucket_name, "/m...

• 2 kudos
Jan_A
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Move/Migrate database from dbfs root (s3) to other mounted s3 bucket

Hi,I have a databricks database that has been created in the dbfs root S3 bucket, containing managed tables. I am looking for a way to move/migrate it to a mounted S3 bucket instead, and keep the database name.Any good ideas on how this can be done?T...

• 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 5 kudos

Hi @Jan Ahlbeck​ , Did @DARSHAN BARGAL​ 's solution work in your case?

• 5 kudos
4 More Replies
study_community
by New Contributor III
  • 13 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Not able to move files from local to dbfs through dbfs CLI

Hi Folks,I have installed and configured databricks CLI in my local machine. I tried to move a local file from my personal computer using dbfs cp to dbfs:/ path. I can see the file is copied from local, and is only visible in local. I am not able to ...

image image
  • 13 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 4 kudos

Hi, Could you try to save the file from your local machine to dbfs:/FileStore location?# Put local file test.py to dbfs:/FileStore/test.pydbfs cp test.py dbfs:/FileStore/test.py

• 4 kudos
12 More Replies
gzenz
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! concat_ws() throws AnalysisException when too many columns are supplied

Hi,i'm using concat_ws in scala to calculate a checksum for the dataframe, i.e.:df.withColumn("CHECKSUM", sha2(functions.concat_ws("", dataframe.columns.map(col): _*), 512))I have one example here with just 24 columns that already throws the followin...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

at least one of column names can have some strange char, whitespace or something,or at least one of column type is not compatible (for example StructType)you can separate your code to two or more steps. First generate list of columns as some variable...

• 1 kudos
SG_
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! How do i changes the fonts and color of the title of widget and the background color of widget?

Currently there is no documentation on how I can change the fonts and background color of widget? Is there a way to do so?

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

I saw on roadmap presentation that in future there will be more widget options but for now is like @Kavya Manohar Parag​ said.

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
Rb29
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Image Display in Dockerized Cluster

I am using a docker recipe for configuring my databricks cluster. It is working fine for everything else however when I tried to display any image data using any python utility such as matplotlib, PIL or Opencv etc. the image does not get displayed o...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
imgaboy
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! pySpark Dataframe to DeepLearning model

I have a large time series with many measuring stations recording the same 5 data (Temperature, Humidity, etc.) I want to predict a future moment with a time series model, for which I pass the data from all the measuring stations to the Deep Learning...

image image
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

df.groupBy("date").pivot("Node").agg(first("Temp"))It is converting to classic crosstable so pivot will help. Example above.

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
Sarvagna_Mahaka
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Unable to clone GitLab Enterprise Edition repo in Databricks

Below are the steps that I followed. I still get an error message.Create a repo in gitlab enterprise editionIn GitLab, create a personal access token that allows access to your repositories ( with read_repository and write_repository permissions)Save...

error
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
User16725394280
Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Sarvagna Mahakali​  the repository which you are trying to add might be behind the VPN, our service cannot access it since it has no access to the VPN network.You may need the Enterprise Git / VPC to connect to the repository.Kindly check and let...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
shan_chandra
by Honored Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! dataframe - cast string to decimal when encountering zeros returns OE-16

The user is trying to cast string to decimal when encountering zeros. The cast function displays the  '0' as '0E-16'. could you please let us know your thoughts on whether 0s can be displayed as 0s?from pyspark.sql import functions as F df = spark.s...

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 12.13.11 PM
  • 1 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
shan_chandra
Honored Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

If the scale of decimal type is greater than 6, scientific notation kicks in hence seeing 0E-16.This behavior is described in the existing OSS spark issue - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-25177Kindly cast the column to a decimal type les...

• 3 kudos
LukaszJ
by Contributor III
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Long time turning on another notebook

Hello,I want to run some notebooks from notebook "A".And regardless of the contents of the some notebook, it is run for a long time (20 seconds). It is constans value and I do not know why it takes so long.I tried run simple notebook with one input p...

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
LukaszJ
Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Okay I am not able to set the same session for the both notebooks (parent and children).So my result is to use %run ./notebook_name .I put all the code to functions and now I can use them.Example:# Children notebook def do_something(param1, param2): ...

• 1 kudos
6 More Replies
dzlab
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Determine what is the interval in a timestamp column

OK so I'm trying to determine if a timestamp column has a regular interval or not, i.e. the difference between each consecutive value is the same across the entire column.I tried something like thisval timeColumn: String =   val groupByColumn: String...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Tahseen0354
by Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Databricks Ganglia

Hi, is there any way to get alert automatically from databricks ganglia ? That means that a developer don’t need to review the logs manually but would get notification that resources are underutilized for example.

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Md Tahseen Anam​ , You can install Datadog agents on cluster nodes to send Datadog metrics to your Datadog account. The following notebook demonstrates how to install a Datadog agent on a cluster using a cluster-scoped init script.To install the ...

• 4 kudos
3 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors