Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

User16826992666
by Valued Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Trying to write my dataframe out as a tab separated .txt file but getting an error

When I try to save my file I getorg.apache.spark.sql.AnalysisException: Text data source supports only a single column, and you have 2 columns.; Is there any way to save a dataframe with more than one column to a .txt file?

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
sajith_appukutt
Honored Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Would pyspark.sql.DataFrameWriter.csv work? You could specify the separator (sep) as tabdf.write.csv(os.path.join(tempfile.mkdtemp(), 'data'))

• 1 kudos
User16869510359
by Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
User16869510359
Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 kudos

%scala     display(spark.read.json("//path-to-delta-table/_delta_log/0000000000000000000x.json") .where("add is not null") .select("add.path"))

• 1 kudos
jason_mcdonald
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is there a way so set DBU or cost limits so I don't get an unexpected bill?

I'm wondering if there's a way to set a monthly budget and have my workloads stop running if I hit it.

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
aladda
Honored Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Cluster Policies would help with this not only from a cost management perspective but also standardization of resources across the organization as well simplification for a better user experience. You can find Best Practices on leveraging cluster pol...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
User16826992666
by Valued Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

What is the default location where dataframes are written if I don't specify a location?

If I save a dataframe without specifying a location, where will it end up?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16869510359
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

You cant save a dataframe without specifying a location. If you are using saveAsTable API then the table will be created in the hive warehouse location. The default location is user.hive.warehouse

• 0 kudos
User16826992666
by Valued Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why would I make a deep clone of a Delta table vs reading the table and writing a copy to a new location?

It seems like with both techniques I would end up with a copy of my table. Trying to understand when I should be using a deep clone.

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16869510359
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

A deep clone is recommended way as it holds the history of the table. Also, the DEEP clone is faster than the read-write approach.

• 0 kudos
User16826992666
by Valued Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How can I run OPTIMIZE on a table if I am streaming to it 24/7?

I have a table that I need to be continuously streaming into. I know it's best practice to run Optimize on my tables periodically. But if I never stop writing to the table, how and when can I run OPTIMIZE against it?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16869510359
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

If the streaming job is making bling appends to the delta table, then it's perfectly fine to run OPTIMIZE query in parallel.However, if the streaming job is performing MERGE or UPDATE then it can conflict with the OPTIMIZE operations. In such cases w...

• 0 kudos
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DBFS Permissions

if there is permission control on the folder/file level in DBFS.e.g. if a team member uploads a file to /Filestore/Tables/TestData/testfile, could we mask permissions on TestData and/or testfile?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16869510359
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

DBFS does not have ACL at this point

• 0 kudos
User16826987838
by Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16869510359
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

delta.logRetentionDuration - 30 daysdelta.deletedFileRetentionDuration - 7 days

• 0 kudos
User16869510359
by Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Best practices for DStream application in Databricks

I do not see any best practice guide for the DStream application in Databricks docs. Any reference

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16869510359
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Dstream is unsupported by Databricks. Databrcks strongly recommend migrating the Dstream applications to use Structured Streaminghttps://kb.databricks.com/streaming/dstream-not-supported.html

• 0 kudos
User16869510359
by Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Optimize Command not performing the bin packing

I have a daily OPTIMIZE job running, however, the number of files in the storage is not going down. Looks like the optimize is not helping to reduce the files.

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
User16869510359
Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 kudos

The files are not physically removed from the Storage by the optimize command. A VACUUM command has to be executed to achieve the same

• 1 kudos
User16790091296
by Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to run multiple spark streaming application on databricks cluster?

I started working on databricks. I need to migrate few streaming jobs from Ambari to Databricks. I deployed one job using jar and it. is working fine. But when I deploy the second job I faced an error " multiple spark streaming context not allowed". ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
sajith_appukutt
Honored Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

You can run multiple streaming applications in databricks clusters. By default, this would run in the same fair scheduling pool. To enable multiple streaming queries to execute jobs concurrently and to share the cluster efficiently, you can set the q...

• 0 kudos
MoJaMa
by Valued Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
MoJaMa
Valued Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

We still require a single user to be an owner. But you can set a group to have CAN_MANAGE which unblocks most of the necessary updates. It is released in all Premium workspaces that have Jobs ACLs. The official OWNER is whose identity is used to crea...

• 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors