Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Kayla
by Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Errors When Using R on Unity Catalog Clusters

We are running into errors when running workflows with multiple jobs using the same notebook/different parameters. They are reading from tables we still have in hive_metastore, there's no Unity Catalog tables or functionality referenced anywhere. We'...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
mariusatkinson
  • 0 kudos

Ah, I suspected that it might have something to do with fine grained access control and an incompatability with R and UC when it's configured like in that way. Obvisouly if you don't, it's not that.

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
MrD
by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with autoscalling the cluster

Hi All, My job is breaking as the cluster is not able to autoscale. below is the log,can it be due to AWS vms are not spinning up or can be due to issue databricks configuration.Does anyone has faced it before ?TERMINATING Compute terminated. Reason:...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Shazam
by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ingestion time clustering -Initial load

As per info available ingestion time clustering makes use of time of the time a file is written or ingested in databricks. In a use case where there is  new delta table and an etl which runs in timely fashion(say daily) inserting records, am able to ...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
kwasi
by New Contributor II
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Kafka timout

Hello, I am trying to read topics from a kafaka stream but I am getting the time out error below.java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: kafkashaded.org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TimeoutException: Timed out waiting to send the call. Call: describeT...

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
NandiniN
Valued Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Murthy1 , Are you able to connect to Kafka from Databricks, and are the brokers healthy? The error indicates Databricks is unable to connect to Kafka cluster, possibly due to network issues or incorrect configuration. We can try nc command from a...

• 1 kudos
6 More Replies
Databricks-Aman
by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

URGENT - Error while logging in

I am facing an login issue since yesterday, it says the wrong email address or password but I am entering the right one.Even if I click on forgot password I don't get any link to reset it on my respective email. Please help!

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Databricks-Aman
  • 0 kudos

It's a login attempt in the community version! 

• 0 kudos
ws4100e
by New Contributor II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

DLT piplines with UC

I try to run a (very simple) DLT pipeline in with a resulting materialized table is published in UC schema with a managed storage location defined (within an existing EXTERNAL LOCATION). Accoding to the documentation: Publishing to schemas that speci...

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
DataGeek_JT
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Did this get resolved?  I am getting the same issue.

• 0 kudos
6 More Replies
MarcusC
by New Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Temporary views no longer working for Share Compute

If I do this%sqlcreate or replace temporary view myviewasselect * from silver.<schema>.<table>;SHOW VIEWS;select * from myview;It works. But if I do the same on a Shared Compute it fails with[TABLE_OR_VIEW_NOT_FOUND] The table or view `myview` cannot...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 0 kudos

which DBR version are you using? 

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
GeorgHeiler
by New Contributor III
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos

EDU discount for university research project

I need databricks for a university research project. Is there any possibility of EDU discounts on DBU? So far I was unable to reach out to Databricks sales. Can you connect me with someone from DB?

• 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
FeliciaWilliam
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Thanks for good advices

• 2 kudos
8 More Replies
Ameshj
by Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dbfs init script migration

I need help with migrating from dbfs on databricks to workspace. I am new to databricks and am struggling with what is on the links provided.My workspace.yml also has dbfs hard-coded. Included is a full deployment with great expectations.This was don...

Data Engineering
Azure Databricks
dbfs
Great expectations
python
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
NandiniN
Valued Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

There's also this KB specific to init script migration - https://kb.databricks.com/clusters/migration-guidance-for-init-scripts-on-dbfs

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
mrtellerz
by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Parallel execution of SQL cell in Databricks Notebooks

Hi Team,Please provide guidance on enabling SQL cells  parallel execution in a notebook containing multiple SQL cells. Currently, when we execute notebook and all the SQL cells they run sequentially. I would appreciate assistance on how to execute th...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Yeshwanth
Valued Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hi @mrtellerz good day! I believe this document might help you: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/notebooks/notebooks-code#--execute-sql-cells-in-parallel Best regards,

• 0 kudos
Sikki
by New Contributor
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks Asset Bundle Workflow Redeployment Issue

Hello All,In my Databricks workflows, I have three tasks configured, with the final task set to run only if the condition "ALL_DONE" is met. During the first deployment, I observed that the dependency "ALL_DONE" was correctly assigned to the last tas...

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Yeshwanth
Valued Contributor
  • 0 kudos

@Sikki thanks for confirming. For Azure DevOps please check the version of Databricks CLI installed.

• 0 kudos
7 More Replies
Madalian
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

DownLoad CSV files from Delta Lake

We have around 1800 tables in Parq format (Delta Lake). These 1800 tables are very big, we have all these 1800 tables are converted into tables. But we have a requirement that, we need to download in CSV. (from PowerBI / any other reporting tool). Cu...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Madalian
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Dear Kaniz,Thank you. one doubt 1) converting tables data into CSV and saving again one more of storage layer.IS there any way on fly we can convert these tables into CSV's. and export into PowerBI? and again i see in powerBI has limitations around >...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
Phani1
by Valued Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Parallel execution of SQL cell in Databricks Notebooks

Hi Team,Please provide guidance on enabling SQL cells  parallel execution in a notebook containing multiple SQL cells. Currently, when we execute notebook and all the SQL cells they run sequentially. I would appreciate assistance on how to execute th...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Phani1 ,Can you please explain your usecase as databricks notebook support the sequential executions we have to look for workaround so it will great if you can explain it more.For now you can manually run multiple cell for sql but it's not possib...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
dashawn
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

DLT Pipeline Error Handling

Hello all.We are a new team implementing DLT and have setup a number of tables in a pipeline loading from s3 with UC as the target. I'm noticing that if any of the 20 or so tables fail to load, the entire pipeline fails even when there are no depende...

Data Engineering
Delta Live Tables
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 0 kudos

Thank you for sharing this @Kaniz. @dashawn did you were able to check Kaniz's docs? do you still need help or shall you accept Kaniz's solution? 

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors