Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

DmitriyLamzin
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

applyInPandas started to hang on the runtime 13.3 LTS ML and above

Hello, recently I've tried to upgrade my runtime env to the 13.3 LTS ML and found that it breaks my workload during applyInPandas.My job started to hang during the applyInPandas execution. Thread dump shows that it hangs on direct memory allocation: ...

Data Engineering
pandas udf
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jackson-nline
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Having a near identical issue just materializing a dataframe with `.toPandas()` an operation that now (14.3) takes 5 minutes used to take ~30s before on 10.4.

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
RobinK
by New Contributor III
  • 10 replies
  • 7 kudos

Databricks Jobs do not run on job compute but on shared compute

Hello,since last night none of our ETL jobs in Databricks are running anymore, although we have not made any code changes.The identical jobs (deployed with Databricks asset bundles) run on an all-purpose cluster, but fail on a job cluster. We have no...

• 10 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
UniBart
Visitor
  • 7 kudos

Hello,We are also experiencing the same error message [NOT_COLUMN] Argument `col` should be a Column, got ColumnThis occurs when a workflow is run as a task from another workflow, but not when said workflow is run on its own, that is not triggered by...

• 7 kudos
9 More Replies
bampo
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Streaming Reads Full Table with Liquid Clustering

Each merge/update on a table with liquid clustering force the streaming to read whole table.Databricks Runtime: 14.3 LTSBelow I prepare a simple scripts to reproduce the issue:Create schema. %sql CREATE SCHEMA IF NOT EXISTS test; Create table with si...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
thiagoawstest
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

databricks cli create job

Hi, using the Databricks cli, I exported the jobs in json format from the workspace in Azure, using the same json to create a new job, but in a workspace in AWS, the error below occurs.To create a job via Databricks cli on AWS, do you need to change ...

Data Engineering
AWS
jobs
migration
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Erik_L
by Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to force delta live tables legacy execution mode?

We've been running delta live tables for some time with unity catalog and it's as slow as a sloth on a Hawaiian vacation.Anyway, DLT had three consecutive failures (due to the data source being unreliable) and then the logs printed: "MaxRetryThreshol...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
skarpeck
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Spark structured streaming - not working with checkpoint location set

We have structured streaming that reads from external delta table defined in following way: try: df_silver = ( spark.readStream .format("delta") .option("skipChangeCommits", True) .table(src_location) ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
brockb
Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hi,I see you are using `Trigger.AvailableNow`. Is this intended to be a continuous stream or an incremental batch trigger at an interval with Databricks Workflows?From the docs (https://docs.databricks.com/en/structured-streaming/triggers.html#config...

• 0 kudos
Mehdi-LAMRANI
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upload file from local file system to DBFS (2024)

Recent changes to the worskpace UI (and introduction of Unity Catalog) seem to have discretely sunset the ability to upload data directly to DBFS from the local Filesystem using the UI (NOT the CLI)I want to be able to load a raw file (no matter the ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
mhiltner
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Have you tried using Volumes?  https://docs.databricks.com/en/connect/unity-catalog/volumes.html You can do it through the UI, on the Catalog Explorer > Add Data button. Also, you could double check if your workspace admin has disabled DBFS access, b...

• 0 kudos
Erik
by Valued Contributor II
  • 8 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! How to use dbx for local development.

​Databricks connect is a program which allows you to run spark code locally, but the actual execution happens on a spark cluster. Noticeably, it allows you to debug and step through the code locally in your own IDE. Quite useful. But it is now beeing...

• 8 replies
  • 10 kudos
Latest Reply
FeliciaWilliam
Contributor
  • 10 kudos

Thank you all for the interesting and useful information

• 10 kudos
7 More Replies
TWib
by New Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

DatabricksSession broken for 15.1

This code fails with exception:[NOT_COLUMN_OR_STR] Argument `col` should be a Column or str, got Column.File <command-4420517954891674>, line 7 4 spark = DatabricksSession.builder.getOrCreate() 6 df = spark.read.table("samples.nyctaxi.trips") ---->...

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
StephenDsouza
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error during build process for serving model caused by detectron2

Hi All,Introduction: I am trying to register my model on Databricks so that I can serve it as an endpoint. The packages that I need are "torch", "mlflow", "torchvision", "numpy" and "git+https://github.com/facebookresearch/detectron2.git". For this, ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
StephenDsouza
New Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Found an answer!Basically pip was somehow installed the dependencies from the git repo first and was not following the given order so in order to solve this, I added the libraries for conda to install.``` conda_env = { "channels": [ "defa...

• 0 kudos
Chris_Konsur
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! Error: The associated location ... is not empty but it's not a Delta table

I try to create a table but I get this error: AnalysisException: Cannot create table ('`spark_catalog`.`default`.`citation_all_tenants`'). The associated location ('dbfs:/user/hive/warehouse/citation_all_tenants') is not empty but it's not a Delta t...

• 4 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
sachin_tirth
New Contributor
  • 6 kudos

Hi Team, I am facing the same issue. When we try to load data to table in production batch getting error as table not in delta format. there is no recent change in table. and we are not trying any create or replace table. this is existing table in pr...

• 6 kudos
3 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors