Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Fresher
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

users are deleted/ unsynced from azure AD to databricks

In azure AD, it's shows users are synced to Databricks. But in Databricks, it's showing users is not a part of the group. The user is not part of only one group , he is part of remaining groups. All the syncing works fine till yesterday. I don't now ...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Darian
by Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delta Live table getting error of garbage collection after running few days

Hi, i am using delta live table in continuous mode for a real time streaming data pipeline. After running the pipeline like 2-3 days i am getting this garbage collection error:Driver/10.15.0.73 paused the JVM process 68 seconds during the past 120 se...

Darian_0-1714426883477.png Darian_1-1714426964675.png
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Darian
Visitor
  • 0 kudos

Here are the metrics:The size/type:Thanks!   

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
al_joe
by Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Split a code cell at cursor position? Add a cell above/below?

In JupyterLab notebooks, we can --In edit mode, you can press Ctrl+Shift+Minus to split the current cell into two at the cursor position In command mode, you can click A or B to add a cell Above or Below the current cellare there equivalent shortcuts...

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
DavidKxx
New Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

What's the status of the ctrl-alt-minus shortcut for splitting a cell?  That keyboard combination does absolutely nothing in my interface (running Databricks via Chrome on GCP).

• 3 kudos
4 More Replies
Sikki
by New Contributor
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks Asset Bundle Workflow Redeployment Issue

Hello All,In my Databricks workflows, I have three tasks configured, with the final task set to run only if the condition "ALL_DONE" is met. During the first deployment, I observed that the dependency "ALL_DONE" was correctly assigned to the last tas...

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Sikki
New Contributor
  • 0 kudos

After updating my CLI, I successfully deployed the job from Databricks CLI and it is functioning correctly. However, when attempting to deploy the same job using Azure DevOps, I encounter the same issue.

• 0 kudos
6 More Replies
jaredrohe
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Instance Profiles Do Not Work with Delta Live Tables Default Cluster Policy Access Mode "Shared"

Hello,I am attempting to configure Autoloader in File Notification mode with Delta Live Tables. I configured an instance profile, but it is not working because I immediately get AWS access denied errors. This is the same issue that is referenced here...

Data Engineering
Access Mode
Delta Live Tables
Instance Profiles
No Isolation Shared
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
djhs
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Hi, I'm running into the same issue. Was this solved?

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
mickniz
by Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connect to Databricks from PowerApps

Hi All,Currently I trying to connect databricks Unity Catalog from Powerapps Dataflow by using spark connector specifying http url and using databricks personal access token as specified in below screenshot: I am able to connect but the issue is when...

mickniz_0-1714487746554.png mickniz_1-1714487891958.png
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Lazloo
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos

databricks-connect version 13: spark-class2.cmd not found

I install the newest version "databricks-connect==13.0.0". Now get the issue    Command C:\Users\Y\AppData\Local\pypoetry\Cache\virtualenvs\X-py3.9\Lib\site-packages\pyspark\bin\spark-class2.cmd"" not found   konnte nicht gefunden werden.   Traceback...

• 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Susumu_Asaga
New Contributor II
  • 4 kudos

Use this code:from databricks.connect import DatabricksSession spark = DatabricksSession.builder.getOrCreate() 

• 4 kudos
5 More Replies
QuantumFries
by Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Change {{job.start_time.[iso_date]}} Timezone

I am trying to schedule some jobs using workflows and leveraging dynamic variables. One caveat is that when I try to use {{job.start_time.[iso_date]}} it seems to be defaulted to UTC, is there a way to change it?

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
artsheiko
Valued Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Hi, all the dynamic values are in UTC (documentation). Maybe you can use the code like the one presented below + pass the variables between tasks (see Share information between tasks in a Databricks job) ? %python from datetime import datetime, timed...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
rt-slowth
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

AutoLoader File notification mode Configuration with AWS

from pyspark.sql import functions as F from pyspark.sql import types as T from pyspark.sql import DataFrame, Column from pyspark.sql.types import Row import dlt S3_PATH = 's3://datalake-lab/XXXXX/' S3_SCHEMA = 's3://datalake-lab/XXXXX/schemas/' ...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
djhs
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Was this resolved? I run into the same issue

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
Kayl669
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

SQL code against tables with '>' in headers suddenly failing?

Just want to post this issue we're experiencing here in case other people are facing something similar. Below is the wording of the support ticket request I've raised:SQL code that has been working is suddenly failing due to syntax errors today. Ther...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kayl669
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

This was code that was working yesterday? You have to use backticks because the field names of the table contain characters akin to spaces?

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
Phani1
by Valued Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Parallel execution of SQL cell in Databricks Notebooks

Hi Team,Please provide guidance on enabling SQL cells  parallel execution in a notebook containing multiple SQL cells. Currently, when we execute notebook and all the SQL cells they run sequentially. I would appreciate assistance on how to execute th...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Phani1 ,Can you please explain your usecase as databricks notebook support the sequential executions we have to look for workaround so it will great if you can explain it more.For now you can manually run multiple cell for sql but it's not possib...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
MarcusC
by Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Temporary views no longer working for Share Compute

If I do this%sqlcreate or replace temporary view myviewasselect * from silver.<schema>.<table>;SHOW VIEWS;select * from myview;It works. But if I do the same on a Shared Compute it fails with[TABLE_OR_VIEW_NOT_FOUND] The table or view `myview` cannot...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

temp view will be deleted if cluster will stop as far as I know

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
jitesh
by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Code reusability for silver table transformations

How/how many databricks notebooks should be created to populate multiple silver delta tables, all having different and complex transformations ? What's the best practice -1. create a notebook each for a silver table ?2. push SQL transformation logic ...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Ruby8376
by Valued Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks sql warehouse has Serverless compute as a public preview.

There is a risk form infosec as it is processed in the control plane shared with other azure clients. s there any control to mitigate the risk?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
PL_db
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

You can find more information on that topic here. "With Databricks, your serverless workloads are protected by multiple layers of security. These security layers form the foundation of Databricks’ commitment to providing a secure and reliable environ...

• 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors