Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

gabrieleladd
by Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Clearing data stored by pipelines

Hi everyone! I'm new to Databricks and moving my first steps with Delta Live Tables, so please forgive my inexperience. I'm building my first DLT pipeline and there's something that I can't really grasp: how to clear all the objects generated or upda...

Data Engineering
Data Pipelines
Delta Live Tables
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Lakshay
Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 kudos

If you want to reprocess all the data, you can simply for a "Full Refresh" option in the DLT pipeline. You can read more about it here: https://docs.databricks.com/en/delta-live-tables/updates.html#how-delta-live-tables-updates-tables-and-views

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Sasikala
by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Service Principal Managed by Databricks

I have done the below steps1. Created a databricks managed service principal2. Created a Oauth Secret3. Gave all necessary permissions to the service principalI'm trying to use this Service principal in Azure Devops to automate CI/CD. but it fails as...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
kDev
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

UnauthorizedAccessException: PERMISSION_DENIED: User does not have READ FILES on External Location

Our jobs have been running fine so far w/o any issues on a specific workspace. These jobs read data from files on Azure ADLS storage containers and dont use the hive metastore data at all.Now we attached the unity metastore to this workspace, created...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Masha
Visitor
  • 1 kudos

Hello @kDev  were you able to solve this issue? I have now the same issue and seems like I already tried everything... 

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
RicardoS
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Value of SQL variable in IF statement using Spark SQL

Hi there,I am new to Spark SQL and would like to know if it possible to reproduce the below T-SQL query in Databricks. This is a sample query, but I want to determine if a query needs to be executed or not. DECLARE       @VariableA AS INT ,     @Vari...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Edthehead
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Since you are looking for a single value back, you can use the CASE function to achieve what you need.%sqlSET var.myvarA = (SELECT 6);SET var.myvarB = (SELECT 7);SELECT CASE WHEN ${var.myvarA} = ${var.myvarB} THEN 'Equal' ELSE 'Not equal' END AS resu...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
John_Rotenstein
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Retrieve job-level parameters in Python

Parameters can be passed to Tasks and the values can be retrieved with:dbutils.widgets.get("parameter_name")More recently, we have been given the ability to add parameters to Jobs.However, the parameters cannot be retrieved like Task parameters.Quest...

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
cbern
New Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

an update to my answer: Databricks has advised us that the `dbutils.notebook.entry_point` method is not supported (could be deprecated), and the recommended way to read in a job parameter is through widgets, i.e. `dbutils.widgets.get("param_key")` (...

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
jaredrohe
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Instance Profiles Do Not Work with Delta Live Tables Default Cluster Policy Access Mode "Shared"

Hello,I am attempting to configure Autoloader in File Notification mode with Delta Live Tables. I configured an instance profile, but it is not working because I immediately get AWS access denied errors. This is the same issue that is referenced here...

Data Engineering
Access Mode
Delta Live Tables
Instance Profiles
No Isolation Shared
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
jaredrohe
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Unfortunately, I never got this to work.

• 1 kudos
4 More Replies
SreeG
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

CICD for Work Flows

HiI am facing issues when deploying work flows to different environment. The same works for Notebooks and Scripts, when deploying the work flows, it failed with "Authorization Failed. Your token may be expired or lack the valid scope". Anything shoul...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
SreeG
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Thanks, Yesh. The issue was because of a configuration parameter. After changing that, we could deploy. Thank you

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
subha2
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Not able to read tables in Unity Catalog parallel

There are some tables under schema/database under Unity Catalog.The Notebook need to read the table parallel using loop and thread and execute the query configuredBut the sql statement is not getting executed via spark.sql() or spark.read.table().It ...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
jorperort
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

[Databricks Assets Bundles] no deployment state

Good morning, I'm trying to run: databricks bundle run --debug -t dev integration_tests_job My bundle looks: bundle: name: x include: - ./resources/*.yml targets: dev: mode: development default: true workspace: host: x r...

Data Engineering
Databricks Assets Bundles
Deployment Error
pid=265687
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @jorperort,    The error message you’re seeing, “no deployment state. Did you forget to run ‘databricks bundle deploy’?”, indicates that the deployment state is missing.   Here are some steps you can take to resolve this issue: Verify Deploym...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
vinayaka_pallak
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pytest on Notebook

I am currently exploring testing methodologies for Databricks notebooks and would like to inquire whether it's possible to write pytest tests for notebooks that contain code not encapsulated within functions or classes.***********************a = 4b ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @vinayaka_pallak, Testing Databricks Notebooks is essential to ensure the correctness and reliability of your code. While notebooks are often used for exploratory analysis and prototyping, it’s still possible to write tests for code blocks withi...

• 0 kudos
JameDavi_51481
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can we add tags to Unity Catalog through Terraform?

We use Terraform to manage most of our infrastructure, and I would like to extend this to Unity Catalog. However, we are extensive users of tagging to categorize our datasets, and the only programmatic method I can find for adding tags is to use SQL ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jakubigla
Visitor
  • 0 kudos

huge databricks client here: we also need this

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
Manzilla
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delta Live table - Adding streaming to existing table

Currently, the bronze table ingests JSON files using @Dlt.table decorator on a spark.readStream functionA daily batch job does some transformation on bronze data and stores results in the silver table.New ProcessBronze still the same.A stream has bee...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Manzilla, When using Delta Live Tables’ dlt.apply_changes for change data capture (CDC), it’s essential to understand how it works. Let’s break down the process and address your specific scenario: CDC with Delta Live Tables: Delta Live Tables...

• 0 kudos
amitkmaurya
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks job keep getting failed due to executor lost.

Getting following error while saving a dataframe partitioned by two columns.Job aborted due to stage failure: Task 5774 in stage 33.0 failed 4 times, most recent failure: Lost task 5774.3 in stage 33.0 (TID 7736) (13.2.96.110 executor 7): ExecutorLos...

Data Engineering
databricks jobs
spark
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @amitkmaurya , The error message you’re encountering indicates that your Spark job failed due to a stage failure.  Task Failure and Exit Code 137: The error message mentions that Task 5774 in stage 33.0 failed 4 times, with the most recent fai...

• 0 kudos
htu
by Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing Databricks Connect breaks pyspark local cluster mode

Hi, It seems that when databricks-connect is installed, pyspark is at the same time modified so that it will not anymore work with local master node. This has been especially useful in testing, when unit tests for spark-related code without any remot...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @htu, When you install Databricks Connect, it modifies the behaviour of PySpark in a way that prevents it from working with the local master node. This can be frustrating, especially when you’re trying to run unit tests for Spark-related code w...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors