Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Phuonganh
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Databricks SDK for Python: Errors with parameters for Statement Execution

Hi team,Im using Databricks SDK for python to run SQL queries. I created a variable as below:param = [{'name' : 'a', 'value' :x'}, {'name' : 'b', 'value' : 'y'}]and passed it the statement as below_ = w.statement_execution.execute_statement( warehous...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
DonkeyKong
Visitor
  • 1 kudos

@Kaniz This does not help resolve the issue. I am experiencing the same issue when following the above pointers. Here is the statement:response = w.statement_execution.execute_statement( statement='ALTER TABLE users ALTER COLUMN :col_name SET NOT...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
cszczotka
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shallow clone and issue with MODIFY permission to source table

Hi,I'm running shallow clone for external delta tables. The shallow clone is failing for source tables where I don't have MODIFY permission. I'm getting below exception. I don't understand why MODIFY permission to source table is required. Is there a...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Amit_Dass_Chmp
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Also check this documentation on access mode :Shallow clone for Unity Catalog tables | Databricks on AWS Working with Unity Catalog shallow clones in Single User access mode, you must have permissions on the resources for the cloned table source as w...

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
pshuk
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

run md5 using CLI

Hi,I want to run a md5 checksum on the uploaded file to databricks. I can generate md5 on the local file but how do I generate one on uploaded file on databricks using CLI (Command line interface). Any help would be appreciated.I tried running databr...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
pavansharma36
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Job fails on cluster with runtime version 14.3 with library installation failure error

Library installation failed for library due to user error for jar: \"dbfs:////<<PATH>>/jackson-annotations-2.16.1.jar\"\n Error messages:\nLibrary installation attempted on the driver node of cluster <<clusterId>> and failed. Please refer to the foll...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Edouard_JH
New Contributor
  • 0 kudos

@pavansharma36 Thanks for the details.I had a look on runtime and platform release notes and I can't find nothing that could explain a change of behavior. I can only suppose that background changes happened but guessing is not fact.It's only an opini...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Maatari
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fixed interval micro-batches and AvailableNow Trigger

What is the fundamental difference between Fixed interval micro-batches and AvailableNow Trigger, given that both can consume in micro-batch based on the desire size of the micro batch ? Is the fundamental difference the fact that AvailableNow shut d...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Maatari,  Fixed Interval Micro-batches are like clockwork, processing data at regular intervals without stopping.AvailableNow Trigger is more adaptive, consuming data as it becomes available and then gracefully shutting down. Regarding your confu...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
surband
by New Contributor III
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pulsar Streaming (Read) - Benchmarking Information

We are doing a first time implementation of data streaming reading from a partitioned pulsar topics to a delta table managed by UC. We are unable to scale the job beyond about ~ 40k msgs/sec. Beyond 40k msgs/sec , the job fails.  I'd imagine Databric...

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
surband
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Attached Grafana screenshots

• 0 kudos
8 More Replies
bradleyjamrozik
by New Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Autoloader Failure Creating EventSubscription

Posting this here too in case anyone else has run into this issue... Trying to set up Autoloader File Notifications but keep getting an "Internal Server Error" message.Failure on Write EventSubscription - Internal error - Microsoft Q&A

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
JacobKesinger
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Iterating over a pyspark.pandas.groupby.DataFrameGroupBy

I have a pyspark.pandas.frame.DataFrame object (that I called from `pandas_api` on a pyspark.sql.dataframe.DataFrame object).  I have a complicated transformation that I would like to apply to this data, and in particular I would like to apply it in ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
MichTalebzadeh
Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hi,The error indicates that the Unity Catalog does not support Spark higher-order functions, such as those used in pandas_udf. This limitation likely comes from architectural or compatibility constraints. To resolve the issue, consider alternative ap...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
youcanlearn
by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks Expectations

In the example in https://docs.databricks.com/en/delta-live-tables/expectations.html#fail-on-invalid-records, it wrote that one is able to query the DLT event log for such expectations violation. In Databricks, I can use expectation to fail or drop r...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
anuintuceo
by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

unzip a password protected file using synapse notebook

I have a zipped file. It has 3 csv files.  It is password protected. When I tried extracting it manually it will extract only with 7zip. I moved my zipped file to ADLS automatically and want to extract it with the password. How to unzip the file and ...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
nileshtiwaari
by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unity Catalog External Tables

what if I delete the external tables files manually on storage account for external table without dropping the table itself?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
mhiltner
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

This change won't be registered as metadata thus the table will still appear on unity catalog, but you'll get an error when trying to access it, as the table metadata will point to deleted files.   

• 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors