Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Atifdatabricks
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Suspended - Databricks Certified Associate Developer for Apache Spark

During middle of the exam I got suspended. It said due to my eye movement. I had the test on left part of my monitor and pdf (which was provided as a testing aid for this exam) on right side. I was just moving my eyes left and right as I was using PD...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Adding @Cert-Team for visibility.

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
Rishi045
by New Contributor III
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Data getting missed while reading from azure event hub using spark streaming

Hi All,I am facing an issue of data getting missed.I am reading the data from azure event hub and after flattening the json data I am storing it in a parquet file and then using another databricks notebook to perform the merge operations on my delta ...

Data Engineering
Azure event hub
Spark streaming
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

- In the EventHub, you can preview the event hub job using Azure Analitycs, so please first check are all records there- Please set in Databricks that it is saved directly to the bronze delta table without performing any aggregation, just 1 to 1, and...

• 0 kudos
10 More Replies
ThomasVanBilsen
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Catalog name's in DTAP scenario

Hi everyone,I'm currently in the process of migrating to Unity Catalog. I have several Azure Databricks Workspaces, one for each phase of the development phase (development, test, acceptance, and production). In accordance with the best practices (ht...

Data Engineering
DTAP
Unity Catalog
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

you could also store the environment name in a config file f.e. in the databricks filestore.These config files can also be managed by ci/cd.tbh my preferred way of working lately.

• 1 kudos
sparkstreaming
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Missing rows while processing records using foreachbatch in spark structured streaming from Azure Event Hub

I am new to real time scenarios and I need to create a spark structured streaming jobs in databricks. I am trying to apply some rule based validations from backend configurations on each incoming JSON message. I need to do the following actions on th...

• 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Rishi045
New Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

Were you able to achieve any solutions if yes please can you help with it.

• 4 kudos
4 More Replies
Oliver_Angelil
by Valued Contributor II
  • 9 replies
  • 8 kudos

In what circumstances are both UAT/DEV and PROD environments actually necessary?

I wanted to ask this Q yesterday in the Q&A session with Mohan Mathews, but didn't get around to it (@Kaniz Fatma​ do you know his handle here so I can tag him?)We (and most development teams) have two environments: UAT/DEV and PROD. For those that d...

• 9 replies
  • 8 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 8 kudos

Hi @Oliver Angelil​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Tha...

• 8 kudos
8 More Replies
DipsikhaDas
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Databricks notebook exceptions into Service Now

Hello Community members,I am looking for options for redirecting the Databricks notebook raised except within exception block to be redirected to ServiceNowIs there a way the connection can be made directly from the notebook?Looking for suggestions. ...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
DipsikhaDas
New Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

Thank you for the solution, I will definitely try this and share to the community if this works.

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
adivandhya
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! configuration for Job Queueing in Terraform

When defining the databricks_job resource in Terraform , we are trying to enable Job Queueing flag for the job. However, from the Terraform Provider docs, we are not able to find any config related to queuing. Is there a different method to configure...

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 4 kudos

Hi @adivandhya, it’s a private preview feature - you need to work with your account SA for that.

• 4 kudos
3 More Replies
HasiCorp
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! AnalysisException: [RequestId=... ErrorClass=INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE] Missing cloud file system scheme

Hi community,i get an analysis exception when executing following code in a notebook using a personal compute cluster. Seems to be an issue with permission but I am logged in with my admin account. Any help would be appreciated. USE CATALOG catalog; ...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Leonardo
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

I was having the same issue because I was trying to set the location with the absolute path, just like you did.I solved it by creating an external location, then copying the URL and putting it into the location of the path options.

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
felix_counter
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Order of delta table after read not as expected

Dear Databricks Community,I am performing three consecutive 'append' writes to a delta table, whereas the first append creates the table. Each append consists of two rows, which are ordered by column 'id' (see example in the attached screenshot). Whe...

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
felix_counter
New Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

Thanks a lot @Lakshay and @Tharun-Kumar for your valued contributions!

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
ivanychev
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Is there a way to avoid using EBS drives on workers with local NVMe SSD?

The Databricks on AWS docs claim that 30G + 150G EBS drives are mounter to every node by default. But if I use instance type like r5d.2xlarge, it already has local disk so I want to avoid mounting the 150G EBS drive to it. Is there a way to do it?We ...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Hi @ivanychev, Based on the provided information, if you want to avoid mounting the 150G EBS drive to a node with the local disk, you can set ebs_volume_count it to 0 in the Clusters API when creating the cluster. Another option could be manually det...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
bearys
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Illegal character in partition path when attempting REORG ... (PURGE)

I have a large delta table partitioned by an identifier column that I now have discovered has blank spaces in some of the identifiers, e.g. one partition can be defined by "Identifier=first identifier". Most partitions does not have these blank space...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 2 kudos

Hi @bearys, The error message suggests an illegal character in the path at a specific index. The error is pointing to a blank space in the path "dbfs:/mnt/container/table_name/Identifier=first identifier/part-01347-8a9a157b-6d0d-75dd-b1b7-2aed12e057...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
DB_PROD_Molina
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Job aborted due to stage failure. Relative path in absolute URI

Hello Team we have frequently data bricks job failure with following message , any help would be appreciated Job aborted due to stage failure. Relative path in absolute URI

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Tharun-Kumar
Honored Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

@DB_PROD_Molina One of the reasons this error shows up is due to file path/name containing special characters in it. If that is the case, could you rename your file to have the special characters removed.

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
Harrison
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reading CloudWatch Logs from AWS Kinesis

If you have AWS CloudWatch subscribed to write out logs to AWS Kinesis, the Kinesis stream is base64 encoded and the CloudWatch logs are GZIP compressed. The challenge we faced was how to address that in pyspark to be able to read the data.  We were ...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
DaniW
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! PARSE_SYNTAX_ERROR creating view from CSV

Hello, if i run this code: %sqlCREATE OR REPLACE VIEW esprosilver.xxx.encuestas_talleresASSELECT * FROM CSV.`abfss://landing@esproanalyticscenterdl.dfs.core.windows.net/oracle-dwh/encuestas_talleres/encuestas_talleres.csv` It creates the view in unit...

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
DaniW
New Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

I forgot to mention that the csv delimiter is ';'

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
dprutean
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! JDBC Driver support for OpenJDK 17

Connecting to Databricks using OpenJDK 17 I got the exception below. Are there any plans to fix the driver for OpenJDK17?java.sql.SQLException: [Databricks][DatabricksJDBCDriver](500540) Error caught in BackgroundFetcher. Foreground thread ID: 44. Ba...

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
ameyabapat
New Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

I still see the above error with databricks jdbc driver 2.6.33. Anyone aware of fix available either in  driver or java? 

• 3 kudos
4 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors