Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

harraz
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run result unavailable: run failed with error message Notebook not found:

I'm trying to create a workflow job that fetches the notebook from a remote git repository (Bitbucket cloud)I tried everything in the Path field and nothing is working. Note that the bitbucket repo is connected to databricks already and no issues che...

Screen Shot 2023-05-31 at 6.45.47 PM
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi @harraz (Customer)​ , Could you please confirm if files in repos has been enabled? https://docs.databricks.com/files/workspace.html#configure-support-for-files-in-repos.You can use the command %sh pwd in a notebook inside a repo to check if Files ...

• 0 kudos
harraz
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

how to setup the path to a remote notebook in bitbucket to run as a jobI tried everything in the path and nothing is workingI keep getting this error:...

how to setup the path to a remote notebook in bitbucket to run as a jobI tried everything in the path and nothing is workingI keep getting this error:Run result unavailable: run failed with error message Notebook not found:Note that I already connec...

Screen Shot 2023-05-31 at 6.45.47 PM
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi @mohamed harraz​ , Could you please confirm if files in repos has been enabled? https://docs.databricks.com/files/workspace.html#configure-support-for-files-in-repos.You can use the command  %sh pwd in a notebook inside a repo to check if Files in...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
cmilligan
by Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Return notebook path from job that is run remotely from the repo

I'm wanting to set up some email alerts for issues in the data as a part of a job run. I am wanting to point the user to the notebook that the issue occurred in. I think this would be simple enough but another layer is that the job is going to be run...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Hi, Could you please clarify what do you mean by return the file from the remote repo?Please tag @Debayan​ with your next response which will notify me, Thank you!

• 1 kudos
nistrate
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Restricting Workflow Creation and Implementing Approval Mechanism in Databricks

Hello Databricks Community,I am seeking assistance understanding the possibility and procedure of implementing a workflow restriction mechanism in Databricks. Our aim is to promote a better workflow management and ensure the quality of the notebooks ...

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
User16502773013
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Hello Nistrate,If I understand the question correctly, the ask is to create an approval framework/workflow for workflows/jobs changes/commits, I don't believe this is currently supported however this can be supported through the use of source control...

• 2 kudos
etsyal1e2r3
by Honored Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Compiling Flattened Dataframe back to Struct Columns

I have a dataframe with this format of columns:[`first.second.third` , `alpha.bravo.test1` , `alpha.bravo.test2`]I'd like to get an output dataframe of this:[ `first` | `alpha` ] ---------------...

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
etsyal1e2r3
Honored Contributor
  • 3 kudos

I have figured out the solution.

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
Pri
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hi, Cat! I’m applying for a position at Databricks and was hoping to get some current Brickster insights. I’ve been wanting to join the company for a ...

Hi, Cat! I’m applying for a position at Databricks and was hoping to get some current Brickster insights. I’ve been wanting to join the company for a while!! Thanks in advance

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
AdamRink
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using Repos CLI to create a repo but getting Parent Directory /Repos/develop/ does not exist.

I would like to create the directory develop under Repos as part of the script, then link it to github and update it? How can I do this?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16539034020
Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hi, Adam:Repos CLI does not have specific functionality to create directories in Databricks Repos. Please check the following doc for more information: https://docs.databricks.com/dev-tools/cli/repos-cli.htmlYou cold use  run databricks workspace mkd...

• 0 kudos
trang_le
by Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Announcing a new portfolio of Generative AI learning offerings on Databricks Academy Today, we launched new Generative AI, including LLMs, learning of...

Announcing a new portfolio of Generative AI learning offerings on Databricks AcademyToday, we launched new Generative AI, including LLMs, learning offerings for everyone from technical and business leaders to data practitioners, such as Data Scientis...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
ankris
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Could you please guide us on connecting ServiceNow data in databricks

Would like to extract data like ticket info, resolve time, etc., from ServiceNow in databricks.Not finding much information in community and appreciate your guidance on the same.

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
crannow
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

ServiceNow offers API capabilities. You can consume the ServiceNow API within a Databricks notebook to extract data from ServiceNow. Following is a suggested prompt to use with ChatGPT for example python code to connect to ServiceNow's api. PROMPT: ...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Neha_1688
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! DLT pipeline that reads data from JDBC source

Could you please guide on how to create the DLT pipeline that directly reads the data from jdbc.When I created the DLT pipeline it give me error at Setting up table, If I ran interactively in notebooks it run successfully, but in non interactive mode...

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

What you try do to is not possible.dlt uses autoloader, not jdbcno jars (dlt is sql/python only)I'd skip DLT for this scenario and use an ordinary notebook, nothing wrong with that.

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
Chilangdon
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to connect to a delta table that lives in a blob storage to display in a web app?

Hi, somebody to help me how to connect a delta table with a web app? I search to a delta-rs library but I can't obtain to make the connection.

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
etsyal1e2r3
Honored Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Without downloading the files directly every time, you have to create a sql warehouse cluster and connect to it via jdbc connection. This way you just use the requests library in python (or an equal one in another language like axios for javascript) ...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
pablociu
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to define write Option in a DLT using Python?

In a normal notebook I would save metadata to my Delta table using the following code:( df.write .format("delta") .mode("overwrite") .option("userMetadata", user_meta_data) .saveAsTable("my_table") )But I couldn't find online how c...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
United_Communit
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

In Delta lab you can set up User MetaData so i will give you some tips from delta import DeltaTable# Create or load your Delta tabledelta_table = DeltaTable.forPath(spark, "path_to_delta_table")# Define your user metadata myccpayuser_meta_data = {"ke...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Marvin_T
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Disabling query caching for SQL Warehouse

Hello everybody,I am currently trying to run some performance tests on queries in Databricks on Azure. For my tests, I am using a Classic SQL Warehouse in the SQL Editor. I have created two views that contain the same data but have different structur...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Marvin_T
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

They are probably executing the same query plan now that you say it. And yes, restarting the warehouse does theoretically works but it isnt a nice solution.I guess I will do some restarting and build averages to have a good comparison for now

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
Gk
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Databricks

Hi Ayapanday, ​How can check soure path in databricks​​

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Govardhana Reddy​ Thank you for your question! To assist you better, please take a moment to review the answer and let me know if it best fits your needs.Please help us select the best solution by clicking on "Select As Best" if it does.Your feed...

• 0 kudos
5 More Replies
harraz
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to use unity catalog in notebook

com.databricks.backend.common.rpc.SparkDriverExceptions$SQLExecutionException: org.apache.spark.sql.connector.catalog.CatalogNotFoundException: Catalog 'uc-dev' plugin class not found: spark.sql.catalog.uc-dev is not defined ....I get the above when ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @mohamed harraz​ We haven't heard from you since the last response from @karthik p​ â€‹, and I was checking back to see if her suggestions helped you.Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community, as it can be helpful to othe...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors