Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

User16618471166
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

When I aggregate over more data, I get the below error message. I've tried multiple ways of diagnosis like going back to a version I know it was w...

When I aggregate over more data, I get the below error message. I've tried multiple ways of diagnosis like going back to a version I know it was working fine (but still got the same error below). Please advise as this is a critical report where the b...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

@Jeff Wu​ :The error message suggests that there is a syntax error in a SQL statement, specifically near the end of the input. Without the full SQL statement or additional information, it's difficult to pinpoint the exact cause of the error. However,...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
FG
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Running unit tests from a different notebook (using Python unittest package) doesn't produce output (can't discover the test files)

I have a test file (test_transforms.py) which has a series of tests running using Python's unittest package. I can successfully run the tests inside of the file with expected output. But when I try to run this test file from a different notebook (run...

image.png image
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

@Fuad Goloba​ :When running tests on Databricks, you need to ensure that the test file is uploaded to the Databricks workspace and that the correct path is specified when importing the test module in the notebook that is running the tests. Here's an ...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
andrew0117
by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! master notebook cannot find the udf registered in the child notebook

The master notebook is calling a child notebook using dbutils.notebook.run("PathToChildnotebook"). The child notebook defines a user-defined function (UDF) and registers it using spark.udf.register. However, when the child notebook finishes running a...

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

@andrew li​ :The reason why the UDF cannot be found is that when the child notebook finishes running, the Spark context that was used to define and register the UDF is destroyed. Therefore, the UDF is no longer available in the Spark context used by ...

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
ayesharahmat
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

AutoLoader issue - java.lang.AssertionError

The below error I am encountering . I am using microbatch for autoloader. please help to rectify this issuejava.lang.AssertionError: assertion failed: Invalid batch: path#36188,modificationTime#36189,length#36190L,content#36191,PROVIDER#36192,LOCATIO...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

@Ayesha Rahmatali​ :The error message you provided suggests that there is an assertion failure due to invalid batch data in your AutoLoader implementation. The error specifically indicates that the schema of the incoming data is not matching with the...

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
Data_Engineer3
by Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos

How can i use the same spark session from onenotebook to another notebook in databricks

I want to use the same spark session which created in one notebook and need to be used in another notebook in across same environment, Example, if some of the (variable)object got initialized in the first notebook, i need to use the same object in t...

• 4 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Manoj12421
Valued Contributor II
  • 5 kudos

You can use %run and then use the location of the notebook - %run "/folder/notebookname"

• 5 kudos
3 More Replies
yopbibo
by Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

pip install in cluster using web UI and extra index

In an init script or a notebook, we can:pip install --index-url=<our private pypi url> --extra-index-url=https://pypi.org/simple <a module>In the cluster web UI (libraries -> install library), we can give only the url of our private repository, but n...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Philippe CRAVE​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answer...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
gfar
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is it possible to connect QGIS to Databricks using ODBC?

I can connect ArcGIS to Databricks using ODBC, but using the same ODBC DSN for QGIS I get an error - Unable to initialize ODBC connection to DSNHas anyone got this working?

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

@Grainne Farrant​ :It is possible to connect QGIS to Databricks using ODBC, but it requires additional configuration. Here are the general steps to follow:Install the ODBC driver for Databricks on your machine where QGIS is installed. You can downloa...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Sabytheseeker
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

I just passed the Lakehouse Fundamentals Accreditation and I haven&#39;t received my badge yet and the certification seems to be messed up 

I just passed the Lakehouse Fundamentals Accreditation and I haven't received my badge yet and the certification seems to be messed up 

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Sabyasachi Samaddar​ We are going through a contract renewal with our vendor, Accredible. Once our new contract goes through you will get your badge this week.Thank you for understanding.

• 0 kudos
kris08
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kafka consumer groups in Databricks

I was trying to find information about configuring the consumer groups for kafka stream in databricks. By doing so I want to parallelize the stream and load it into databricks tables. Does the databricks handle this internally? If we can configure th...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi, we have a few examples on stream processing using Kafka (https://docs.databricks.com/structured-streaming/kafka.html), there is no straight public document for Kafka consumer group creation. You can refer to https://kafka.apache.org/documentation...

• 0 kudos
Data_Analytics1
by Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Delta table property is not set.

I have set the delta table property at cluster level.spark.databricks.delta.retentionDurationCheck.enabled falseWhen I create a new table, retentionDurationCheck property is not shown in the table details. But when I set this with ALTER TABLE for a s...

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Mahesh Chahare​ Hope everything is going great.Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue. If yes, would you be happy to mark an answer as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? If not, please tell us s...

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
Sachinbt
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

DataBricks Certification Exam Got Suspended. Need help in resolving the issue

Hi Team,My databricks exam got suspened on 16th April today Morning and it is still in the suspended state. I have raised a support request using the below linkhttps://help.databricks.com/s/contact-us?ReqType=training .​ but I haven’t received the ti...

image.png
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Sachin Kumara​ We are going through a contract renewal with our vendor, Accredible. Once our new contract goes through you will get your badge this week. Thank you for understanding!

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
tytytyc26
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Problem with accessing element using Pandas UDF in Image Processing

Hi everyone,I was stuck at this for very long time. Not a very familiar user of using Spark for image processing. I was trying to resize images that are loaded into a Spark DF. However, it keeps throwing error that I am not able to access the element...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

@Yan Chong Tan​ :The error you are facing is due to the fact that you are trying to access the attribute "width" of a string object in the resize_image function. Specifically, input_dim is a string object, but you are trying to access its width attr...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
andrew0117
by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! partition on a csv file

When I use SQL code like "create table myTable (column1 string, column2 string) using csv options('delimiter' = ',', 'header' = 'true') location 'pathToCsv'" to create a table from a single CSV file stored in a folder within an Azure Data Lake contai...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
pvignesh92
Honored Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hi @andrew li​, When you specify a path with LOCATION keyword, Spark will consider that to be an EXTERNAL table. So when you dropped the table, you underlying data if any will not be cleared. So in you case, as this is an external table, you folder s...

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
oleole
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! How to delay a new job run after job

I have a daily job run that occasionally fails with the error: The spark driver has stopped unexpectedly and is restarting. Your notebook will be automatically reattached. After I get the notification that this job failed on schedule, I manually run ...

image.png image.png
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
oleole
Contributor
  • 3 kudos

According to this documentation, you can specify the wait time between the "start" of the first run and the retry start time.

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
rshark
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error when calling SparkR from within a Python notebook

I’ve had success with R magic (R cells in a Python notebook) and running an R script from a Python notebook, up to the point of connecting R to a Spark cluster. In either case, I can’t get a `SparkSession` to initialize. 2-cell (Python) notebook exa...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Dooley
Valued Contributor
  • 0 kudos

The answer I can give you to have this work for you is to call the R notebooks from your Python notebook. Just save each dataframe as a delta table to pass between the languages.How to call a notebook from another notebook? here is a link

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors