Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Aviral-Bhardwaj
by Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 20 kudos

⏩ Understanding Unity Catalog in Databricks ⏮ In Databricks, the Unity Catalog is a data catalog that allows you to store, access, and manage data wit...

Understanding Unity Catalog in Databricks In Databricks, the Unity Catalog is a data catalog that allows you to store, access, and manage data within your Databricks workspace. It provides a unified interface for working with data across different s...

• 2 replies
  • 20 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 20 kudos

Nice one!Keep sharing such informative posts.

• 20 kudos
1 More Replies
tanjil
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

print(flush = True) not working

Hello, I have the following minimum example working example using multiprocessing:from multiprocessing import Pool   files_list = [('bla', 1, 3, 7), ('spam', 12, 4, 8), ('eggs', 17, 1, 3)]     def f(t): print('Hello from child process', flush = Tr...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
tanjil
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

No errors are generated. The code executes successfully, but there the print statement for "Hello from child process" does not work.

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
Optum
by New Contributor III
  • 10 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Databricks JDBC & Remote Write

Hello,I'm trying to write to a Delta Table in my Databricks instance from a remote Spark session on a different cluster with the Simba Spark driver. I can do reads, but when I attempt to do a write, I get the following error:{  df.write.format("jdbc...

• 10 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
  • 4 kudos

Could you try setting the flag to ignore transactions? I’m not sure what the exact flag is, but there should be more details in the JDBC manual on how to do this

• 4 kudos
9 More Replies
User16869510359
by Esteemed Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
User16752240150
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Every 10 transactions json files in the _delta_log are converted to parquet files. The .crc file is a checksum added to prevent corruption if a parquet file is corrupted in flight

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
cybersam
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do I find the documentation for a Databricks "platform release"?

My DB portal says the platform version is v3.86, and provides a link to all the releases. But none of those releases state the "platform version". And I can't find "v3.86" by searching in the Databricks docs.So, how does one find the documentation fo...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hey @Samuel Yang​ ,Here you will find all detailshttps://docs.databricks.com/release-notes/index.htmlThanksAviral Bhardwaj

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
cmilligan
by Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos

Link a visio diagram in a markdown cell

Is there a way to have databricks pull a diagram directly from visio? I've tried to use the embed links from visio but the image won't render. I'm trying to get around loading the image to DBFS as there may be updates to the image that I want it to g...

• 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

thanks for this

• 4 kudos
2 More Replies
Sharath
by New Contributor II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hi Databricks Team,​ I passed the associate data engineer exam day before but still haven't received on accredible or on db academy. My registere...

Hi Databricks Team,​ I passed the associate data engineer exam day before but still haven't received on accredible or on db academy. My registered email id for exam is sharath.koushik@gmail.com. Could you please help ?​

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Sharath K​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 0 kudos
6 More Replies
shamly
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

How to remove extra ENTER line in csv UTF-16 while reading

Dear Friends,I have a csv and it looks like this‡‡Id‡‡,‡‡Version‡‡,‡‡Questionnaire‡‡,‡‡Date‡‡‡‡123456‡‡,‡‡Version2‡‡,‡‡All questions have been answered accurately and the guidance in the questionnaire was understood and followed‡‡,‡‡2010-12-16 00:01:...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

This is working fine, from pyspark.sql.functions import regexp_replace   path="dbfs:/FileStore/df/test.csv" dff = spark.read.option("header", "true").option("inferSchema", "true").option('multiline', 'true').option('encoding', 'UTF-8').option("delimi...

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
Paradox_Parijat
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 8 kudos

Hello World! ​This my first databricks community post. Looking forward to contribute from my end. ​Peace out!​ @Dinesh Mergu​ 

Hello World! ​This my first databricks community post. Looking forward to contribute from my end. ​Peace out!​@Dinesh Mergu​ 

• 6 replies
  • 8 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 8 kudos

Welcome to the community @Parijat Dhar​ !!

• 8 kudos
5 More Replies
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 4 kudos

Hi @A DB​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 4 kudos
4 More Replies
Anatoly
by New Contributor III
  • 9 replies
  • 4 kudos

"Detected schema change" error while reading from delta table in streaming after applying "ALTER COLUMN DROP NOT NULL" to more than one columns.

Hi!I have a delta table and a process that reading a stream from this table.I need to drop the NOT NULL constraint from some of the columns of this table.The first drop command does not affect the reading stream.But the second command results in erro...

• 9 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Anatoly Tikhonov​ Hope everything is going great.Does @Kaniz Fatma​  response answer your question? If yes, would you be happy to mark it as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly?We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 4 kudos
8 More Replies
gj0904
by New Contributor III
  • 8 replies
  • 5 kudos

Certificate not received -

Hi ThereI successfully passed the exam on 27th Oct 2022 - but I haven't received the certificate yet.

• 8 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 5 kudos

Hi @Gaurav Jhamb​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thank...

• 5 kudos
7 More Replies
Anuroop
by New Contributor II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

I've successfully passed Databricks Data Engineer Associate Certified exam but still have not received the certificate. Could you help on it pleas...

I've successfully passed Databricks Data Engineer Associate Certified exam but still have not received the certificate. Could you help on it please.

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Venkata Sai Anuroop Samudrala​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to he...

• 0 kudos
5 More Replies
Justin_Stuparit
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Configure DLT Pipeline to use existing running cluster

How can I configure a DLT pipeline to use an existing running cluster? I don't see where in the settings to set the pipeline to use an existing cluster. Instead it wants to always standup a new cluster.

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Justin Stuparitz​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.T...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
alejandrofm
by Valued Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cluster not following the zone: auto configuration

Hi, I'm trying some new instance types, so to be sure I will get one I set the Availability zone to 'auto'.But this is happening, the image of the error and JSON are attached.So, the cluster is trying three times to upscale and the three times is usi...

image image image.png
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Alejandro Martinez​ Hope everything is going great.Does @Sivaprasad C S​  response answer your question? If yes, would you be happy to mark it as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly?We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors