Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Prototype998
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Databricks notebook run

How to run the databricks notebook through ADF ??? 

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Punit Chauhan​ you can use databricks notebook activity in ADF to trigger you databricks notebook via ADF-

• 4 kudos
3 More Replies
Ajay-Pandey
by Esteemed Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 18 kudos

Resolved! Fetching data in excel through delta sharing

Hi all,Is anyway that we can access or push data in delta sharing by using Microsoft excel?

• 5 replies
  • 18 kudos
Latest Reply
Rishabh264
Honored Contributor II
  • 18 kudos

hey @Ajay Pandey​ yes recently the new excel feature also comes in the market that we can enable the delta sharing from excel also so whatever the changes you will made to delta , it will automaticaly get saved in the excel file also ,refer this lin...

• 18 kudos
4 More Replies
Prototype998
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! reading multiple csv files using pathos.multiprocessing

I'm using PySpark and Pathos to read numerous CSV files and create many DF, but I keep getting this problem.code for the same:-from pathos.multiprocessing import ProcessingPooldef readCsv(path):  return spark.read.csv(path,header=True)csv_file_list =...

dbx_error
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Prototype998
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

@Ajay Pandey​ @Rishabh Pandey​ 

• 2 kudos
4 More Replies
ratnakarsinha
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to get full result using DataFrame.Display method

Hi, Dataframe.Display method in Databricks notebook fetches only 1000 rows by default. Is there a way to change this default to display and download full result (more than 1000 rows) in python? Thanks, Ratnakar.

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
ramravi
Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

display method doesn't have the option to choose the number of rows. Use the show method. It is not neat and you can't do visualizations and downloads.

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Trodenn
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to merge two separate DELTA LIVE TABLE?

So I have two delta live tables. One that is the master table that contains all the prior data, and another table that contains all the new data for that specific day. I want to be able to merge those two table so that the master table contains would...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

@Rishabh Pandey​ 

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
Mahesh_789
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

While accessing the data on recipient side using delta_sharing.load_table_changes_as_spark(), it shows data of all versions.

When I tried to access specific version data and set the arguments value to the specific number, I get all version data.data1 = delta_sharing.load_table_changes_as_spark(table_url, starting_version=1, ending_version=1)data2 = delta_sharing.load_table...

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
kmckee
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Trouble Displaying Full Size Images from Spark Dataframe

Hi, I have followed this guide (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/_static/notebooks/image-data-source.html) to successfully load some image data into a spark df and display it as a thumbnail. I would like to display a single image fr...

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
weldermartins
by Honored Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! Function When + Dictionary.

Hey everyone, I'm avoiding repeating the When Function for 12x, so I thought of the dictionary. I don't know if it's a limitation of the Spark function or a Logic error. Does the function allow this concatenation?

• 3 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
weldermartins
Honored Contributor
  • 6 kudos

Hello everyone, I found this alternative to reduce repeated code.custoDF = (custoDF.withColumn('month', col('Nummes').cast('string')) .replace(months, subset=['month']))

• 6 kudos
2 More Replies
sfalquier
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTTP 403 on git-credentials API

Hi,I am trying to set git credentials for my service principal. I follow the process described here but I get a 403 error when making the POST request to ${DATABRICKS_HOST}/api/2.0/git-credentials with service principal token.By the way, I also canno...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Vivian_Wilfred
Honored Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Sébastien FALQUIER​ it works for me, there are no restrictions. Maybe the PAT token you generated for the service principle got expired. Can you generate a new token and try to run GET/git-credentials API?How are you creating PAT for service prin...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
martcerv
by New Contributor II
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos

Cloud provider launch failure

When I want to create a cluster a get this error message:DetailsAWS API error code: InvalidGroup.NotFoundAWS error message: The security group 'sg-0ded75eefd66bf421' does not exist in VPC 'vpc-0ec7da3d5977f6ec9'And when I inspect the security groups ...

• 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
AminChad_22427
New Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

Hi, I am running into a similar issue. but in my case, the security has been deleted by mistake.Is there a way to make Databricks recreate the missing group ?@Kaniz Fatma​ , where can the CreateSecurityGroup command be ran ? Does it change the securi...

• 3 kudos
5 More Replies
sudhanshu1
by New Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Structured Streaming

I need some solution for below problem.We have set of json files which are keep coming to aws s3, these files contains details for a property . please note 1 property can have 10-12 rows in this json file. Attached is sample json file.We need to read...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
KVNARK
by Honored Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 14 kudos

Resolved! To practice Databricks SQL

Is there any sand box kind of thing where we can do some hands-on on Databricks SQL/run the Note books attaching to the Clusters apart from the free trial provided by Databricks.

• 5 replies
  • 14 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 14 kudos

Hi @KVNARK .​, We haven’t heard from you since the last response from @Harun Raseed Basheer​, @Christopher Shehu​ and @Daniel Sahal​  and I was checking back to see if their suggestions helped you.Or else, If you have any solution, please share it wi...

• 14 kudos
4 More Replies
jt
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

SQL table alias autocomplete

I have a table with 600 columns and the table name is long. I want to use a table alias with autocomplete but it's not working. Any ideas how I can get this to work? works%sql   --autocomplete works SELECT verylongtablename.column200 verylongtabl...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
jt
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

My cluster is running fine. Does autocomplete work for you with a table alias?

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
avidex180899
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! UUID/GUID Datatype in Databricks SQL

Hi all,I am trying to create a table with a GUID column.I have tried using GUID, UUID; but both of them are not working.Can someone help me with the syntax for adding a GUID column?Thanks!

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

Hey @Avinash Narasimhan​ , What is the exact problem you are getting can you please share it is working fine for meThanksAviral Bhardwaj

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors