Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

logan0015
by Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

How to move the "__apply changes_storage_mytablename" when creating a streaming live table?

As the title suggests, whenever I create a streaming live table it creates a __apply_changes_storage_"mytablename" section in the database on databricks. Is there a way to specify a different cloud location for these files?

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Logan Nicol​ Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers in the community have an answer to your question first. Or else bricksters will get back to you soon. Thanks

• 3 kudos
farefin
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 5 kudos

Need help in a pyspark code in Databricks to calculate a new measure column.

Details of the requirement is as below:I have a table with below structure:So i have to write a code in pyspark to calculate a new column.Logic for new column is Sum of Magnitude for different Categories divided by the total Magnitude.And it should b...

Sample Data
  • 2 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 5 kudos

Hi @Faizan Arefin​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Than...

• 5 kudos
1 More Replies
tum
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos

Create new job api error "MALFORMED_REQUEST"

hi,i'm trying to test create a new job api (v 2.1) with python, but i got error:{ 'error_code': 'MALFORMED_REQUEST', 'message': 'Invalid JSON given in the body of the request - expected a map'}How do i validate json body before posting ?this is my js...

• 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 4 kudos

Hi @tum m​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 4 kudos
2 More Replies
numersoz
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 10 kudos

Is ZORDER required after table overwrite?

Hi,After appending new values to a delta table, I need to delete duplicate rows.After deleting duplicate rows using PySpark, I overwrite the table (keeping the schema).My question is, do I have to do ZORDER again?Another question, is there another wa...

• 5 replies
  • 10 kudos
Latest Reply
DeepakMakwana74
New Contributor III
  • 10 kudos

Hii @Nurettin Ersoz​ try to use incremental load of data so it will avoid duplicate and you can use full load once if you have updation in your data

• 10 kudos
4 More Replies
Milind
by New Contributor III
  • 9 replies
  • 27 kudos

Resolved! Is there syllabus change in self paced Data Engineering with Databrick course video?

Is there syllabus change in self paced Data Engineering with Databrick course video?Last week i started that video lecture, but today i found that everything is change.https://partner-academy.databricks.com/learn/course/62/data-engineering-with-datab...

• 9 replies
  • 27 kudos
Latest Reply
DeepakMakwana74
New Contributor III
  • 27 kudos

Hi @Milind Singh​ yes there is keep on updation of syllabus so it is required to be updated on self paced course

• 27 kudos
8 More Replies
Sagar1
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos

How to identify or determine how many jobs will be performed if I submit code

I’m not able to find a source where it explains how to determine how many job a written piece of pyspark code will trigger. Can you please help me here. About stages I know that the number of shuffles equals to the number of stages.

• 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 4 kudos

Hi @sagar Varma​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks...

• 4 kudos
2 More Replies
Kash
by Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Will Vacuum delete previous folders of data if we z-ordered by as_of_date each day?

Hi there,I've had horrible experiences Vacuuming tables in the past and losing tons of data so I wanted to confirm a few things about Vacuuming and Z-Order.Background:Each day we run an ETL job that appends data in a table and stores the data in S3 b...

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 6 kudos

Hi @Avkash Kana​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks...

• 6 kudos
1 More Replies
Sweta
by New Contributor II
  • 10 replies
  • 7 kudos

Can Delta Lake completely host a data warehouse and replace Redshift?

Our use case is simple - to store our PB scale data and transform and use for BI, reporting and analytics. As my title says am trying to eliminate expenditure on Redshift as we are starting as a green field. I know I have designed/used just Delta lak...

• 10 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 7 kudos

Hi @Swetha Marakani​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Th...

• 7 kudos
9 More Replies
Carlton
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 14 kudos

I would like to know why CROSS JOIN fails recognize columns

Whenever I apply a CROSS JOIN to my Databricks SQL query I get a message letting me know that a column does not exists, but I'm not sure if the issue is with the CROSS JOIN.For example, the code should identify characters such as http, https, ://, / ...

• 5 replies
  • 14 kudos
Latest Reply
Shalabh007
Honored Contributor
  • 14 kudos

@CARLTON PATTERSON​ Since you have given an alias "tt" to your table "basecrmcbreport.organizations", to access corresponding columns you will have to access them in format tt.<column_name>in your code in line #4, try accessing the column 'homepage_u...

• 14 kudos
4 More Replies
RyanD-AgCountry
by Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! Azure Create Metastore button not available

With Unity Catalog gone GA on Azure, we are working through initial tests for setup within Databricks and Azure. However, we are not seeing the "Create Metastore" button available as indicated in documentation. We're also not seeing any additional pr...

• 5 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
Addi1
New Contributor II
  • 7 kudos

I'm facing the same issues listed above. "Create Metastore" button is unavailable for me as well.

• 7 kudos
4 More Replies
andreiten
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

Is there any example or guideline how to pass JSON parameters to the pipeline in Databricks workflow?

I used this source https://docs.databricks.com/workflows/jobs/jobs.html#:~:text=You%20can%20use%20Run%20Now,different%20values%20for%20existing%20parameters.&text=next%20to%20Run%20Now%20and,on%20the%20type%20of%20task. But there is no example of how...

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
UmaMahesh1
Honored Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Andre Ten​ That's exactly how you specify the json parameters in databricks workflow. I have been doing in the same format and it works for me..removed the parameters as it is a bit sensitive. But I hope you get the point.Cheers.

• 3 kudos
PaulP
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 6 kudos

What is the best expected starting time for a cluster when using a pool?

Hi! I'm doing some tests to get an idea of how much time could be saved starting a cluster by using a pool and was wondering if the results I get are what should be expected.We're using AWS Databricks and used i3.xlarge as instance type (if that matt...

• 4 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 6 kudos

Hi @Paul Pelletier​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Tha...

• 6 kudos
3 More Replies
marcus1
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Running jobs as a non-job owner

We have enabled Cluster, Pool and Job access, and non-job owners can not run a job even though they are administrators. This disables users from creating cluster resources.When a non-owner of a job attempts to run, they get a permission denied.My un...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Marcus Simonsen​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Th...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
ConSpooky
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Best practice for creating queries for data transformation?

My apologies in advance for sounding like a newbie. This is really just a curiosity question I have as an outsider observing my team clash with our client. Please ask any questions you have, and I will try my best to answer it.Currently, we are stori...

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Nick Connors​Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks...

• 4 kudos
3 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors