Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

maxutil
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

Invalid Characters in Column Names " ,;{}()\n\t="

I'm reading data into a dataframe withdf = spark.read.json("s3://somepath/")I've tried first creating a delta table using the DeltaTable API with:DeltaTable.createIfNotExists(spark)\ .location(target_path)\ .addColumns(df.sche...

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Chris Chung​, Can you re-check by trying the below code?df.write.format("delta").option("delta.columnMapping.mode", "name").save("s3://anotherpath")Now you can load it into a Spark dataframe:SELECT * FROM new_table;delta_df = spark.read.format("d...

• 3 kudos
cmilligan
by Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Resolved! Catch when a notebook fails and terminate command in threaded parallel notebook run

I have a command that is running notebooks in parallel using threading. I want the command to fail whenever one of the notebooks that is running fails. Right now it is just continuing to run the command.Below is the command line that I'm currently ru...

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 9 kudos

Hi @Coleman Milligan​,You can run multiple Azure Databricks notebooks in parallel by using the dbutils library.Here is a python code based on the sample code from the Azure Databricks documentation on running notebooks concurrently and on Notebook wo...

• 9 kudos
LukaszJ
by Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Mount Azure Blob Storage with Cluster access control

Hello.I want to mount and share for the one group the container from Azure Blob Storage (It could be simple blob storage or Azure Data Lake Storage gen 2). But I am not able to do it because I am using Cluster with Table Access Control.This is my cod...

• 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
LukaszJ
Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

I have a good solution to the problem:I am using Python library.There are some documentation.Topic to be closed.Best regards,Łukasz

• 4 kudos
4 More Replies
HashStudioz
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rs 485 IoT Gateway

RS-485 IoT Gateway is used for transmitting data from one device to another usually far away by using a wired LAN or a Wi-Fi. HashStudioz Technologies Inc. provides Smart IoT Gateway Solutions for Businesses like Pharma industries Etc. Our IoT Gatewa...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Fernando_Messas
by New Contributor II
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Error writing data to Google Bigquery

Hello, I'm facing some problems while writing data to Google BigQuery. I'm able to read data from the same table, but when I try to append data I get the following error.Error getting access token from metadata server at: http://169.254.169.254/compu...

• 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
asif5494
New Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

Sometime this error occur when your Private key or your service account key is not going in request header, So if you are using Spark or Databricks then you have to configure the JSON Key in Spark config so it will be added in request header.

• 4 kudos
5 More Replies
logan0015
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

How do you access a streaming live table's snapshots?

I have read that delta live tables will keep a history of 7 days. However after creating a streaming live table and using the dlt.apply_changes function. With this codedef run_pipeline(table_name,keys,sequence_by): lower_table_name = table_name.l...

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Logan Nicol​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks...

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
Muni
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Can we expose REST API using Databricks python notebook?

We are trying to expose a REST API endpoint using python notebook. Does databricks allow this?

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Muniyappan Mani​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Th...

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
ABose8
by Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

I attended "The Best Data Warehouse Is a Lakehouse" on September 20 but have not recieved my voucher although I recieved a mail which mentio...

I attended "The Best Data Warehouse Is a Lakehouse" on September 20 but have not recieved my voucher although I recieved a mail which mentioned below details.@Kaniz Fatma​  Please help me on same.Mail Id: bose.innovator8@gmail.comPlease complete the ...

• 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Arindam Bose​ That's great to hear! Please mark the answer as best.Thanks and Regards

• 2 kudos
4 More Replies
Sajid1
by Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! Photon Acceleration not getting enabled for ML runtime in Azure

I tried to enable the photon acceleration in ML runtime 9.1 LTS ML (Scala 2.12,Spark 3.1.2) but getting error "selected runtime version does not support photon".I tried for other versions of ML runtime with single and multinode , access mode being s...

• 5 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 6 kudos

Hi @Sajid Thavalengal Rahiman​ Does @Kaniz Fatma​ response answer your question? If yes, would you be happy to mark it as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly?We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 6 kudos
4 More Replies
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Delta Live Tables @expect compare tables count between two stages

Hello,I'm wondering if there is an option to make an expectation on DLT that will compare the number of records between two stages and e.g. fail if there is a difference between those counts?I mean something like this:@dlt.table()def bronze(): Some...

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Jacek Dembowiak​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Th...

• 1 kudos
5 More Replies
SPuchnanda
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

I have cleared Databricks Foundational Accreditation today and received the completion certificate. But I didnt receive the badge for the same. By whe...

I have cleared Databricks Foundational Accreditation today and received the completion certificate. But I didnt receive the badge for the same. By when I will receive the badge ?

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Sakshi Puchnanda​ Does @Hubert Dudek​ response answer your question? If yes, would you be happy to mark it as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly?We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
plynton
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Incorrect results with df.query()

I have tried pulling a single row from a .csv using df.query()However, the data being returned doesn't coincide with the data I'm expecting - it is pulling a different row. Here is my code:df = spark.read.option("header",True).csv(data_fldr + "config...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Peter Ott​ Does @Hubert Dudek​  response answer your question? If yes, would you be happy to mark it as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly?We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
bozhu
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Multiple DLT Pipelines Sharing a Single Cluster

When you use Workflows to orchestrate standard notebooks, they can share a single cluster. It will be awesome if we can achieve the same for DLT pipelines orchestrated in a Workflows Job.I understand DLT pipelines utilising their own special clusters...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Bo Zhu​ Does @Hubert Dudek​  response answer your question? If yes, would you be happy to mark it as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly?We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Lars_J
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks-jdbc and vulnerabilities CVE-2022-42004, CVE-2022-42003

The latest version of Databricks-jdbc available through Maven (2.6.29) now has these two vulnerabilities:https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2022-42004https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2022-42003All due to depending on and including in the jar th...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Lars Joreteg​ Does @Hubert Dudek​  response answer your question? If yes, would you be happy to mark it as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly?We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
AJDJ
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Pipeline in Community edition

Hi there,I'm learning Databricks using the community edition. I noticed I don't have way to practice the pipeline in community edition. (The icon below compute). Says I need to upgrade. Is there any way to practice pipeline and follow learning lesson...

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @AJ DJ​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 1 kudos
4 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors