Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ksilva
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Incorrect secret value when loaded as environment variable

I recently faced an issue that took good hours to identify. I'm loading an environment variable with a secretENVVAR: {{secrets/scope/key}}The secret is loaded in my application, I could verify it's there, but its value is not correct. I realised tha...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
User16752242622
Valued Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Hi @kleber silva​ There was a known issue which has been resolved now. That is when a $ character is included in a secret value, the $ and all subsequent text are truncated. Although your question is actually related to how spark parse the value as a...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
rgrosskopf
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to access secrets in Hashicorp Vault from Databricks notebooks?

I see in this blog post that Databricks supports Hashicorp Vault for secrets storage but I've been unable to find any additional details on how that would work. Specifically, how would I authenticate to Vault from within a Databricks notebook?

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Ryan Grosskopf​,Just a friendly follow-up. Did any Prabakar's responses help you to resolve your question? if it did, please mark it as best. Otherwise, please let us know if you still need help.

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
KamKam
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to write to a folder in a Azure Data Lake container using Delta?

Hi All,How to write to a folder in a Azure Data Lake container using Delta?When I run:write_mode = 'overwrite' write_format = 'delta' save_path = '/mnt/container-name/folder-name'   df.write \ .mode(write_mode) \ .format(write_format) \ ....

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Kamalen Reddy​ ,Could you share the error message please?

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
dududu
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to explain the huge time latency between two jobs? How to optimize the job to reduce the latency ?

I have met a problem , you can see in the picture as followed: there is some long delay between some jobs , I don't understand what happened and how to optimize the job ? Can anybody help me ? Thanks a lot.

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 0 kudos

Hi @jieping zhang​,Did you check the driver's logs? do you see any error messages? please provide more details

• 0 kudos
wyzer
by Contributor II
  • 9 replies
  • 4 kudos

Unable to read an XML file of 9 GB

Hello,We have a large XML file (9 GB) that we can't read.We have this error : VM size limitBut how can we change the VM size limit ?We have tested many clusters, but no one can read this file.Thank you for your help.

• 9 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Salah K.​,Just a friendly follow-up. Did any of the responses help you to resolve your question? if it did, please mark it as best. Otherwise, please let us know if you still need help.

• 4 kudos
8 More Replies
MarcJustice
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Is the promise of a data lake simply about data science, data analytics and data quality or can it also be an integral part of core transaction processing also?

Upfront, I want to let you know that I'm not a veteran data jockey, so I apologize if this topic has been covered already or is simply too basic or narrow for this community. That said, I do need help so please feel free to point me in another direc...

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Marc Barnett​ , Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help, or @Aashita Ramteke​ 's response help you to find the solution? Please let us know.

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
celerity12
by New Contributor II
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos

Pulling list of running jobs using JOBS API 2.1

I need to find out all jobs which are currently running and not get other jobsThe below command fetches all the jobscurl --location --request GET 'https://xxxxxx.gcp.databricks.com/api/2.1/jobs/list?active_only=true&expand_tasks=true&run_type=JOB_RUN...

• 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
User16764241763
Honored Contributor
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Sumit Rohatgi​ It seems like active_only=true only applies to jobs/runs/list API and not to jobs/list.Can you please try the jobs/runs/list API?

• 4 kudos
6 More Replies
C_1
by New Contributor III
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Databricks notebook command logging

Hello Community,I am trying to search for Databricks notebook command logging feature for compliance purpose.My requirement is to log the exact spark sql fired by user.I didnt get spark sql (notebook command) tracked under this azure diagnostic logs....

• 7 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Noopur_Nigam
Valued Contributor II
  • 5 kudos

Hi @C P​ we don't have this feature implemented, however, there is already an existing idea available in our idea portal here: https://databricks.aha.io/features/DB-7583.You can check and vote the same.

• 5 kudos
6 More Replies
CHANDY
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Real Time data processing

Say I am getting a customer record from an website. I want to read the massage & then insert/update that one to snowflake table , depending on the records insert/update is successful I need to respond back the success / failure massage in say 1 sec. ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hey @CHANDAN NANDY​ Just checking in with you.Does @Kaniz Fatma​'s answer help? If it does, would you be happy to mark it as best? If it doesn't, please tell us so we can help you further.Thanks!

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
JohnB
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Are there implications moving Managed Table, and mounting as External.

The scenario is "A substaincial amount of data needs to be moved from a legacy Databricks that has Managed Tables, to a new E2 Databrick. The new bucket will be a dedicated Datalake rather than the Workspace Bucket so they will be External Tables."U...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hey there @John Brandborg​ Hope everything is going great! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to ...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
Ravi96
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos

How can we sort the timeout issue in Databricks

we are creating a denorm table based on a JSON ingestion but the complex table is getting generated .when we try to deflatten the JSON rows it is taking for more than 5 hours and the error message is timeout erroris there any way that we could resolv...

• 4 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 5 kudos

Hey @Raviteja Paluri​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. Thanks!

• 5 kudos
3 More Replies
ta_db
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks SQL Endpoint Failing to create an external table on a parquet file with Decimal or Timestamp datatype

I'm using the Databricks SQL Endpoint and I'm attempting to create an external table on top of an existing parquet file. I can do this so long as my table definition does not include a reference to a decimal or timestamp/date datatype.ex. This worksC...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hey there @T A​ Hope everything is going great!Does @Kaniz Fatma​'s response answer your question? If yes, would you be happy to mark it as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? If not, would you be happy to give us more info...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How do I merge two tables and track changes to missing rows as well as new rows

In my scenario, the new data coming in are the current, valid records. Any records that are not in the new data should be labeled as 'Gone", any matching records should be labeled with "Updated". And finally, any new records should be added.So in sum...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Detection deletions does not work out of the box.The merge statement will evaluate the incoming data against the existing data. It will not check the existing data against the incoming data.To mark deletions, you will have to specifically update tho...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
ivanychev
by Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to enable remote JMX monitoring in Databricks?

Adding these optionsEXTRA_JAVA_OPTIONS = ( '-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=9999', '-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false', '-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false', )is enough in vanilla Apache Spark, but apparently it ...

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
Sree_Patllola
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

I am in a process of Connecting to X vendor and pull back the data needed from that X vendor.

For that we have shared our Azure IP addres (NO VPN or Corporate IP address Available as of now - still initial stages of the project) with X vendor, which is whitelisted now. Now I am trying to setup the X vendor API in the databricks to lookup into...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors