Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

francescocamuss
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How to make terminal available when starting a cluster with a docker image?

Hello everybody, I'm starting a cluster with a docker image because I my team use a lot of R libraries that would be time consuming to install them on a init script. The thing is that the cluster starts ok, but I can't acces to the cluster terminal a...

image.png image
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Francesco Camussoni​ , This is one of the limitations of DBR.Limitations of DBR:- Azure Databricks does not support running Spark jobs from the web terminal. In addition, the Azure Databricks web terminal is not available in the following cluster...

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
SreedharVengala
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Parsing deeply nested XML in Databricks

Hi Guys,Can someone point me to libraries to parse XML files in Databricks using Python / Scala.Any link to blog / documentations will be helpful.Looked into https://docs.databricks.com/data/data-sources/xml.html.Want to parse XSD's, seem this is exp...

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Sreedhar Vengala​ , Please find attached the link related to XML Data Source for Apache Spark. Let me know if it helps.https://github.com/databricks/spark-xmlYou'll find these things in the above provided link - A library for parsing and querying...

• 1 kudos
4 More Replies
sravan_enukonda
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! I am looking for best practices in implementing Ranger type of Access control in Databricks ?

Need this to do auditing and numbers of users accessing databases and tables created in databricks

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 2 kudos

Hi @sravankumar enukonda​ , How are you?

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
Jeff1
by Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! How to convert Data Chr Strings to Date Strings

Databricks CommunityNew to Databricks and work in R code. I have a data from with a date field that is a chr string and need to convert to a date field. Tried the standard as.Date(x, format = "%Y-%m-%d") , then tried the dplyr::mutate function and th...

• 3 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Jeff1
Contributor II
  • 5 kudos

Based upon the initial response I went with:my_data.frame <- my_data.frame %>% mutate(date = to_date(data.frame_variable, "yyyy-mm-dd"))

• 5 kudos
2 More Replies
shrikant_kulkar
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

autoloader schema inference date column

I have hire_date and term_dates in the "MM/dd/YYYY" format in underneath csv files. Schema hint "cloudFiles.schemaHints" : "Hire_Date Date,Term_Date Date" - push data into _rescued_data column due to conversion failure. I am looking out solution to c...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Rex
by New Contributor III
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Cannot connect to Databricks SQL Endpoint using PHP and ODBC

I am trying to connect to our Databricks SQL endpoint using PHP in a Docker container.I setup my Docker container to download and configure the ODBC driver as specified here: https://docs.databricks.com/integrations/bi/jdbc-odbc-bi.html#install-and-c...

• 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Rex
New Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

The problem was that the Databricks SQL driver does not yet support ARM, which my laptop and Docker container was building for. See ('01000', "[01000] [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib '/opt/simba/spark/lib/64/libsparkodbc_sb64.so' : file not ...

• 3 kudos
6 More Replies
style
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

newstyleinteriors.com

Welcome to <a href="https://newstyleinteriors.com/">New Style Interior</a>. We offer high quality interior design and fit-out solutions for homes, offices, retail, commercial and event spaces.Our team of experienced and passionate designers combine c...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
HQJaTu
by New Contributor III
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Azure Databricks container runtime broken in 9.1 LTS, how to fix?

For stability, I've stuck with LTS. Last Friday my containers stopped working with error message:Py4JException: An exception was raised by the Python Proxy. Return Message: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/databricks/spark/python/lib/py4j-...

• 12 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
HQJaTu
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

This is getting worse. Now JDBC write to SQL is failing for same reason. I haven't yet found a solution for this.Am I not supposed to use containers? Python?This is not cool.

• 1 kudos
11 More Replies
SailajaB
by Valued Contributor III
  • 12 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! JSON validation is getting failed after writing Pyspark dataframe to json format

Hi We have to convert transformed dataframe to json format. So we used write and json format on top of final dataframe to convert it to json. But when we validating the output json its not in proper json format.Could you please provide your suggestio...

• 12 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 4 kudos

@Sailaja B​ - Does @Aman Sehgal​'s most recent answer help solve the problem? If it does, would you be happy to mark their answer as best?

• 4 kudos
11 More Replies
aladda
by Honored Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
User16255483290
Contributor
  • 3 kudos

@Anand Ladda​ @André Monteiro​ From comments in the code:Indicates whether the task should be run in a REPL. This value must be true to run on an existing cluster. Please ignore the 'run_as_repl' parameters it will be removed from public docs as it i...

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
al_joe
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Where / how does DBFS store files?

I tried to use %fs head to print the contents of a CSV file used in a training%fs head "/mnt/path/file.csv"but got an error saying cannot head a directory!?Then I did %fs ls on the same CSV file and got a list of 4 files under a directory named as a ...

screenshot image
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
User16753725182
Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Al Jo​ , are you still seeing the error while printing the contents of te CSV file?

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
digitalinstitut
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

www.amritsardigitalacademy.in

Amritsar Digital Academy is the best https://www.amritsardigitalacademy.in/ digital marketing institute In Punjab. if you want to do a digital marketing course. you can enroll now!

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Infosys_128139
by New Contributor III
  • 8 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Unable to start SQL End point in DATABRICKS SQL

Hello All, I am trying to use Databricks SQL but somehow the SQL end point is not getting started. It is in starting state for long time and then session is getting expired. Please note , the default SQL End point also not getting started. I am using...

• 8 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
BilalAslamDbrx
Honored Contributor II
  • 5 kudos

@AMZ DUD​ did you get this working? With a quota of 500, 43 mins is a long time for a cluster to launch. Perhaps a something in the account isn’t set up correctly. Can you please email me your workspace ID please at bilal dot aslam at databricks dot ...

• 5 kudos
7 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors