Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

User16790091296
by Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to Prevent Duplicate Entries to enter to delta lake of Azure Storage?

I Have a Dataframe stored in the format of delta into Adls, now when im trying to append new updated rows to that delta lake it should, Is there any way where i can delete the old existing record in delta and add the new updated Record.There is a uni...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Ryan_Chynoweth
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

To achieve this you should use a merge command that will update rows that are existing with the unique ID. This will update the rows that already exist and insert the rows that do not. If you want to do it manually, you could delete rows using the DE...

• 0 kudos
User16790091296
by Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to get access to Databricks SQL analytics?

am trying to do this tutorial about databricks sql analytics (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/sql/get-started/admin-quickstart) but when i create my databricks workspace i do not have the icon at the bottom of the sidebar to access ...

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
User16869510359
by Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Do ganglia report incorrect memory stats?

I am looking at the memory utilization of the executors and I see the heap utilization of the executor is far less than what is reported in the Ganglia. Why do ganglia report incorrect memory details.

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16869510359
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Ganglia reports the memory utilization at the system level. Say for example if the JVM has Xmx value of 100 GB. At some point, it will occupy 100GB and then with a Garbage collection, it will clear off the heap. Once the GC frees up the memory, th...

• 0 kudos
User16790091296
by Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

What is the most efficient way to read in a partitioned parquet file with pyspark?

I work with parquet files stored in AWS S3 buckets. They are multiple TB in size and partitioned by a numeric column containing integer values between 1 and 200, call it my_partition. I read in and perform compute actions on this data in Databricks w...

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
User16869510359
by Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Is it mandatory to checkpoint my streaming query.

I have ad-hoc one-time streaming queries where I believe checkpoint won't give any value add. Should I still use checkpointing

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16869510359
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

It's not mandatory. But the strong recommendation is to use Checkpointing for Streaming irrespective of your use case. This is because the default checkpoint location can get a lot of files over time as there is no graceful guaranteed cleaning in pla...

• 0 kudos
User16783855534
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Should/Can I use spark streaming for Batch workloads?

Its preferable to use spark streaming (with Delta) for batch workloads rather then regular batch. With the trigger.once trigger whenever the streaming job is started it will process whatever is available in the source (kafka/kinesis/File System) and ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16869510359
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

The streaming checkpoint mechanism is independent of the Trigger type. The way checkpoint works are it creates an offset file when processing the batch and once the batch is completed it creates a commit file for that batch in the checkpoint director...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
User16869510359
by Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to migrate to Auto-loader without downtime?

I have an S3-SQS workload. Is it possible to migrate the workload to autoloader without downtime? What are the migration guidelines.

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16869510359
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

The SQS queue used by the existing application can be utilized by the auto-loader thereby ensuring minimal downtime

• 0 kudos
User16869510359
by Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16869510359
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

The issue can happen if the Hive syntax for table creation is used instead of the Spark syntax. Read more here: https://docs.databricks.com/spark/latest/spark-sql/language-manual/sql-ref-syntax-ddl-create-table-hiveformat.htmlThe issue mentioned in t...

• 0 kudos
User16869510359
by Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How to track the history of schema changes for a Delta table

I have a Delta table that had schema changes in multiple commits. I wanted to track all these schema changes that happened on the Delta table. The "DESCRIBE HISTORY" is not useful as it logs the schema change made by ALTER TABLE operations.

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16869510359
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

When a write operation is performed with columns added. we are not explicitly showing that in DESCRIBE HISTORY output. Only an entry is made for write. and in the operation Parameters, it's not showing anything about schema evolution. whereas if we d...

• 0 kudos
User16869510359
by Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16869510359
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Yes, it's possible to use Kafka API to connect to the eventhub. Eventhub supports the usage of Kafka API to stream the data from the EventhubReference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/event-hubs/event-hubs-for-kafka-ecosystem-overviewSample pr...

• 0 kudos
User16869510359
by Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How do I change the log level in Databricks?

How can I change the log level of the Spark Driver and executor process?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16869510359
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Change the log level of Driver:%scala   spark.sparkContext.setLogLevel("DEBUG")   spark.sparkContext.setLogLevel("INFO")Change the log level of a particular package in Driver logs:%scala   org.apache.log4j.Logger.getLogger("shaded.databricks.v201809...

• 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors