Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ipreston
by New Contributor II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Possible false positive warning on DLT pipeline

I have a DLT pipeline script that starts by extracting metadata on the tables it should generate from a delta table. Each record returned from the table should be a dlt table to generate, so I use .collect() to turn each row into a list and then iter...

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
ipreston
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Thanks for the reply. Based on that response though, it seems like the warning itself is a bug in the DLT implementation. Per the docs "However, you can include these functions outside of table or view function definitions because this code is run on...

• 0 kudos
5 More Replies
fix_databricks
by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot run another notebook from same directory

Hello, I am having a similar problem from this thread which was never resolved: https://community.databricks.com/t5/data-engineering/unexpected-error-while-calling-notebook-string-matching-regex-w/td-p/18691 I renamed a notebook (utility_data_wrangli...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Hubert-Dudek
by Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

RocksDB for storing state stream

Now, you can keep the state of stateful streaming in RocksDB. For example, retrieving keys from memory to check for duplicate records inside the watermark is now faster. #databricks

state2.png
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
israelst
by New Contributor II
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos

DLT can't authenticate with kinesis using instance profile

When running my notebook using personal compute with instance profile I am indeed able to readStream from kinesis. But adding it as a DLT with UC, while specifying the same instance-profile in the DLT pipeline setting - causes a "MissingAuthenticatio...

Data Engineering
Delta Live Tables
Unity Catalog
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Mathias_Peters
New Contributor III
  • 5 kudos

We have used the roleArn and role session name like this: CREATE STREAMING TABLE table_name as SELECT * FROM STREAM read_kinesis ( streamName => 'stream', initialPosition => 'earliest', roleArn => 'arn:aws:iam::ACCT_ID:role/R...

• 5 kudos
6 More Replies
jenshumrich
by New Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

R install - cannot open URL

Neither standard nor non standard repo seem available. Any idea how to debug/fix this? %r install.packages("gghighlight", lib="/databricks/spark/R/lib", repos = "http://cran.us.r-project.org") Warning: unable to access index for repository http://cra...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
NataliaCh
by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delta table cannot be reached with INTERNAL_ERROR

Hi all!I've been dropping and recreating delta tables at the new location. For one table something went wrong and now I cannot nor DROP nor recreate it. It is visible in catalog, however, when I click on the table I see message: [INTERNAL_ERROR] The ...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
madhumitha
by New Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connect power bi desktop semantic model output to databricks

Hello, I am trying to connect the power bi semantic model output (basically the data that has already been pre processed) to databricks. Does anybody know how to do this? I would like it to be an automated process so I would like to know any way to p...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @madhumitha, Connecting Power BI semantic model output to Databricks can be done in a few steps. Here are a couple of options: Databricks Power Query Connector: The new Databricks connector is natively integrated into Power BI. You can configu...

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
ashraf1395
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to extend free trial period or enter free startup tier to complete our POC for a client.

We are a data consultancy. Our free trial period is currently getting over and we are still doing POC for one of our potential clients and focusing on providing expert services around databricks.1. Is there a possibility that we can extend the free t...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Mo
Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

hey @ashraf1395, I suggest you contact your databricks representative or account manager.

• 0 kudos
Mohit_m
by Valued Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! How to get the Job ID and Run ID and save into a database

We are having Databricks Job running with main class and JAR file in it. Our JAR file code base is in Scala. Now, when our job starts running, we need to log Job ID and Run ID into the database for future purpose. How can we achieve this?

• 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Bruno-Castro
  • 4 kudos

That article is for members only, can we also specify here how to do it (for those that are not medium members?). Thanks!

• 4 kudos
2 More Replies
SreeG
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

CICD for Work Flows

HiI am facing issues when deploying work flows to different environment. The same works for Notebooks and Scripts, when deploying the work flows, it failed with "Authorization Failed. Your token may be expired or lack the valid scope". Anything shoul...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Yeshwanth
Valued Contributor
  • 0 kudos

@SreeG thanks for confirming!

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
MarkD
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is it possible to migrate data from one DLT pipeline to another?

Hi,We have a DLT pipeline that has been running for a while with a Hive Metastore target that has stored billions of records. We'd like to move the data to a Unity Catalog. The documentation says "Existing pipelines that use the Hive metastore cannot...

Data Engineering
Delta Live Tables
dlt
Unity Catalog
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Yeshwanth
Valued Contributor
  • 0 kudos

@MarkD good day! I'm sorry, but according to the description, existing pipelines using the Hive metastore cannot be upgraded to use Unity Catalog. To migrate an existing pipeline that writes to Hive metastore, you must create a new pipeline and re-in...

• 0 kudos
TheDataDexter
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Single-Node cluster works but Multi-Node clusters do not read data.

I am currently working with a VNET injected databricks workspace. At the moment I have mounted a the databricks cluster on an ADLS G2 resource. When running notebooks on a single node that read, transform, and write data we do not encounter any probl...

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
ellafj
Visitor
  • 3 kudos

@TheDataDexter Did you find a solution to your problem? I am facing the same issue

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
Ameshj
by New Contributor II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dbfs init script migration

I need help with migrating from dbfs on databricks to workspace. I am new to databricks and am struggling with what is on the links provided.My workspace.yml also has dbfs hard-coded. Included is a full deployment with great expectations.This was don...

Data Engineering
Azure Databricks
dbfs
Great expectations
python
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
NandiniN
Valued Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

One of the other suggestions is to use Lakehouse Federation. It is possible it may be a driver issue (we will get to know from the logs)

• 0 kudos
7 More Replies
Red_blue_green
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks: Change the existing schema of columns to non-nullable for a delta table using Pyspark?

Hello,I have currently a delta folder as a table with several columns that are nullable. I want to migrate data to the table and overwrite the content using Pyspark, add several new columns and make them not nullable. I have found a way to make the c...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
kanjinghat
New Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Not sure if you found a solution, you can also try as below. In this case you pass the full path to the delta not the table itself.spark.sql(f"ALTER TABLE delta.`{full_delta_path}` ALTER column {column_name} SET NOT NULL") 

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors