Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Kayla
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

BigQuery - Delete or update from Databricks?

I'm trying to sync a delta table in Databricks to a BigQuery table. For the most part, appending is sufficient, but occassionally we need to overwrite rows - which we've only been able to do by overwriting the entire table.Is there any way to do upda...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Kayla Pomakoy​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Than...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
souvik
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to get or download fundamentals of databricks lake house platform badge download

Hi Team,I have completed the fundamentals of databricks lakehosue platform and received the certificate but unable to download or get the badge.When I login to website I am unbale to see the badge as well.Please help me on this.I haven't received any...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Souvik Banerjee​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Th...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
RajeshRK
by Contributor
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

How to optimize jobs performance

Hi Team,We have a complex ETL job running in databricks for 6 hours. The cluster has the below configuration: Minworkers: 16Maxworkers: 24Worker and Driver Node Type: Standard_DS14_v2. (16 cores, 128 GB RAM)I have monitored the job progress in Spark...

• 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Rajesh Kannan R​ Thank you for your question! To assist you better, please take a moment to review the answer and let me know if it best fits your needs.Please help us select the best solution by clicking on "Select As Best" if it does.Your feedb...

• 2 kudos
6 More Replies
AyushModi038
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Library mismatch in same cluster different file

In continuation to the issues encountered in this discussion.https://community.databricks.com/s/feed/0D58Y00009tCiQTSA0 I have a bizzare issue.Here are the 2 screenshots taken few seconds apart1.2 . Same cluster, same command, executed 6 seconds apar...

image image
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Ayush Modi​  I'm sorry you could not find a solution to your problem in the answers provided.Our community strives to provide helpful and accurate information, but sometimes an immediate solution may only be available for some issues.I suggest pr...

• 0 kudos
5 More Replies
vibhakar
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Not able to mount ADLS Gen2 in Data bricks

py4j.security.Py4JSecurityException: Method public com.databricks.backend.daemon.dbutils.DBUtilsCore$Result com.databricks.backend.daemon.dbutils.DBUtilsCore.mount(java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.util.Map) is ...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
SnehalTamhane
New Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

@Kaniz Fatma​ I am also facing the same exception when I am trying to mount Gen1 datalake store on azure databricks through python. I get that by default, only a limited set of methods are whitelisted to prevent potentially unsafe operations, but how...

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
mk1987c
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! I am trying to use Databricks Autoloader with File Notification Mode

When i run my command for readstream using  .option("cloudFiles.useNotifications", "true") it start reading the files from Azure blob (please note that i did not provide the configuration like subscription id , clint id , connect string and all while...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 1 kudos

Hi,I would like to share the following docs that might be able to help you with this issue. https://docs.databricks.com/ingestion/auto-loader/file-notification-mode.html#required-permissions-for-configuring-file-notification-for-adls-gen2-and-azure-b...

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
Chris_Konsur
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! Error: The associated location ... is not empty but it's not a Delta table

I try to create a table but I get this error: AnalysisException: Cannot create table ('`spark_catalog`.`default`.`citation_all_tenants`'). The associated location ('dbfs:/user/hive/warehouse/citation_all_tenants') is not empty but it's not a Delta t...

• 3 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 6 kudos

Hi @Chris Konsur​ Thank you for your question! To assist you better, please take a moment to review the answer and let me know if it best fits your needs.Please help us select the best solution by clicking on "Select As Best" if it does.Your feedback...

• 6 kudos
2 More Replies
Phani1
by Valued Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos

Efficiently orchestrate data bricks jobs

Hi Team,How efficiently can orchestrate data bricks jobs which involve a lot of transformations, dependencies, and complexity?At source have a lot of SSIS packages that have complex dependencies and more transformation.     We have the following opti...

• 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Phani1
Valued Contributor
  • 4 kudos

My question is, how do we reliably orchestrate multiple Databricks Jobs/Workflows that are running in a mixed latency and can write to the same silver and gold delta tables? Could you please suggest the best approach and practices for the same?

• 4 kudos
2 More Replies
lawrence009
by Contributor
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos

Git Integration: selective check-in not working

We started noticing the problem about 3 weeks ago. Databricks' Git GUI fails to commit only the selected files. All the files that have been modified, added or removed since that last commit will get checked in even if it de-selected in the GUI.Has ...

• 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Lawrence Chen​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Than...

• 4 kudos
5 More Replies
manasa
by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

org.apache.spark.SparkException: Job aborted due to stage failure: Authorized committer failed while pushing dataframe to azure cosmos db.

I am writing data to the azure cosmos db using OLTP connector using below codecfg["spark.cosmos.write.strategy"]="ItemOverwrite" json_df.write.format("cosmos.oltp").options(**cfg).mode("APPEND").save()I am getting below error Please let me know i...

image.png image.png
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Manasa Kalluri​ Thank you for your question! To assist you better, please take a moment to review the answer and let me know if it best fits your needs.Please help us select the best solution by clicking on "Select As Best" if it does.Your feedba...

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
Rishabh264
by Honored Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Hey there! I've noticed that many people seem to be confused about the differences between databases, data warehouses, and data lakes. It's un...

Hey there! I've noticed that many people seem to be confused about the differences between databases, data warehouses, and data lakes. It's understandable, as these terms can be easily misunderstood or used interchangeablyHere is the summary for all ...

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Rishabh Pandey​, Thank you for sharing your thoughts and information about our Databricks.We appreciate your interest in and engagement with Databricks. Please let us know if you have any further questions or comments, as we are always happy to h...

• 2 kudos
Lewis_Wong
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Adding tags to jobs from Tableau / Python (ODBC)

Hi all,We are using Azure Databricks.We would like to see if we can track usage of jobs initiated from Tableau /Python (via simba spark ODBC driver) One way we can think of is to add tag to the job. But we are not sure if we can add tags to job when ...

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

@Vidula Khanna​ We can add custom values to the job clusters as well. When you create the job task, click on edit cluster details which will take you to the cluster configuration where you can add the custom tags. In case of Tableau queries, it would...

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
GURUPRASAD
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Error while trying to implement Change Data Capture

Hi All,I'm new to databricks and learning towards taking up Associate Engineer Certification.While going through the section "Build Data Pipelines with Delta Live Tables". I'm trying to implement Change Data Capture, but it is erroring out when execu...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Hi @GURUPRASAD MADAPURA VENKATESHAIAH​(Customer)​, We haven't heard from you since the last response from @Kearon McNicol(Customer)​ , and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you.Or else, If you have any solution, please share it wit...

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
Paradox_Parijat
by New Contributor III
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos

Didn't receive Databricks badge

I just completed the Databricks Lakehouse Fundamentals exam, but while redirecting to credentials.databricks.com. I'm not able to find any badge provided to me for completion. Can you help me out? @Vidula Khanna​ 

• 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
sher
Valued Contributor II
  • 4 kudos

check your mail. yesterday I have completed they shared me through registered email

• 4 kudos
6 More Replies
Mafofola
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Am using databricks trying to login​

Am using databricks trying to login​

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Ige Makanjuola​ Hope everything is going great.Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue. If yes, would you be happy to mark an answer as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? If not, please tell us s...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors