Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

jonathan-dufaul
by Valued Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is there a function similar to display that downloads a dataframe?

I find myself constantly having to do display(df), and then "recompute with <5g records and download). I was just hoping I could skip the middleman and download from get go. ideally it'd be a function like download(df,num_rows="max") where num_rows i...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Question where do you want to download it to? If to cloud location, use regular DataFrameWriter. You can install, for example, Azure Storage Explorer on your computer. Some cloud storage you can even mount in your system as a folder or network share.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
mmenjivar
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to get the run_id from a previous task in a Databricks jobs

Hi, is there any way to share the run_id from a task_A to a task_B within the same job when task_A is a dbt task?

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi, You can pass {job_id}} and {{run_id}} in Job arguments and print that information and save into wherever it is neededplease find below the documentation for the same:https://docs.databricks.com/data-engineering/jobs/jobs.html#task-parameter-varia...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
jonathan-dufaul
by Valued Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! How can I look up the first ancestor (person,first_ancestor) of a record from a table that has (child,parent) records?

I have a table that looks like this:/* input */ -- | parent | child | -- | ------ | ----- | -- | 1 | 2 | -- | 2 | 3 | -- | 3 | 4 | -- | 5 | 6 | -- | 6 | 7 | -- | 8 | 9 | -- | 10 | 11 |and I...

• 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
JGil
New Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

@Landan George​ Hey, I am looking into same issue, but when I execute what's suggested in the post for CTE_Recursive https://medium.com/globant/how-to-implement-recursive-queries-in-spark-3d26f7ed3bc9 I get errorError in SQL statement: AnalysisExcep...

• 4 kudos
4 More Replies
bhawik21
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How do I invoke a data enrichment function before model.predict while serving the model

I have used mlflow and got my model served through REST API. It work fine when all model features are provided. But my use case is that only a single feature (the primary key) will be provided by the consumer application, and my code has to lookup th...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
LuisL
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

You can create a custom endpoint for your REST API that handles the data massaging before calling themodel.predict function. This endpoint can take in the primary key as an input, retrieve the additional features from the database based on that key, ...

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
powerus
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! "Failure to initialize configurationInvalid configuration value detected for fs.azure.account.key" using com.databricks:spark-xml_2.12:0.12.0

Hi community,I'm trying to read XML data from Azure Datalake Gen 2 using com.databricks:spark-xml_2.12:0.12.0:spark.read.format('XML').load('abfss://[CONTAINER]@[storageaccount].dfs.core.windows.net/PATH/TO/FILE.xml')The code above gives the followin...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
powerus
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

The issue was also raised here: https://github.com/databricks/spark-xml/issues/591A fix is to use the "spark.hadoop" prefix in front of the fs.azure spark config keys:spark.hadoop.fs.azure.account.oauth2.client.id.nubulosdpdlsdev01.dfs.core.windows.n...

• 0 kudos
sid_de
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

404 Not Found [IP: 185.125.190.36 80] on trying to install google-chrome in databricks spark driver

We are installing google-chrome-stable in databricks cluster using apt-get install. Which has been working fine for a long time, but since the past few days it has started to fail intermittently.The following is the code that we run.%sh sudo curl -s...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
sid_de
New Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

Hi The issue was still persistent. We are trying to solve this by using docker image with preinstalled Selenium driver and chrome browser.RegardsDharmin

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
quakenbush
by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Does Databricks offer something like Oracle's dblink?

I am aware, I can load anything into a DataFrame using JDBC, that works well from Oracle sources. Is there an equivalent in Spark SQL, so I can combine datasets as well?Basically something like so - you get the idea...select lt.field1, rt.fie...

• 4 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 5 kudos

Hi @Roger Bieri​  (Customer)​, I appreciate your attempt to choose the best answer for us. I'm glad you got your query resolved. @Joseph Kambourakis​ and @Adrian Łobacz​, Thank you for giving excellent answers .

• 5 kudos
3 More Replies
Fred_F
by New Contributor III
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos

JDBC connection timeout on workflow cluster

Hi there,​I've a batch process configured in a workflow which fails due to a jdbc timeout on a Postgres DB.​I checked the JDBC connection configuration and it seems to work when I query a table and doing a df.show() in the process and it displays th...

• 7 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 5 kudos

Hi @Fred Foucart​, We haven’t heard from you since the last response from @Rama Krishna N​ , and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community, as it can be helpful to ...

• 5 kudos
6 More Replies
Direo
by Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Azure databricks integration with Datadog

Before running a script which would create an agent on a cluster, you have to provide SPARK_LOCAL_IP variable. How can I find it? Does it change over time or its a constant?

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Hi, Could you please refer to https://www.datadoghq.com/blog/databricks-monitoring-datadog/ and let us know if this helps. SPARK_LOCAL_IP is the environment variable, FYI, https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/configuration.html

• 1 kudos
SIRIGIRI
by Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Hi, What kind of internal problem you are talking about? Anything particular?

• 2 kudos
Kajorn
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! WHEN NOT MATCHED BY SOURCE Syntax error at or near 'BY' (DBR 11.2 ML)

Hi, I have trouble with executing the given SQL Statement below.MERGE INTO warehouse.pdr_debit_card as TARGET USING (SELECT * FROM ( SELECT CIF, CARD_TYPE, ISSUE_DATE, MATURITY_DATE, BOO, DATA_DATE, row_number(...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi, Please refer: https://docs.databricks.com/sql/language-manual/delta-merge-into.html

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Ender
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delta Live Tables migration

How can I migrate a delta live tables workflow to another Databricks workspace?PS: Data source/sink will remain the same. I only want to migrate the DLT config.

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Lizhi_Dong
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

What would be the best plan for independent course creator?

Hi folks! I want to use databrick community edition as the platform to teach online courses. As you may know, for community edition, you need to create a new cluster when the old one terminates. I found out however tables created from the old cluster...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

You can create a notebook for students which recreates everything, like doing the installation of tables etc., before every exercise.

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
KKo
by Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Move whole workflow from Dev to Prod

I have a workflow created in Dev, now I want to move the whole thing to prod and schedule it. The workflow has multiple notebooks, dependent libraries, parameters and such. How to move the whole thing to prod, instead of moving each notebooks and rec...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Alternatively, you can just click the three dots options in workflow and choose "view JSON" and save JSON. Then use it in the Rest API call to create new workflow/job using that JSON (but usually some part needs to be removed)

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
RRO
by Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

AutoML forecasting with monthly data?

ARIMA and FBProphet have the capability to forecast monthly data. When using AutoML (via the API or the UI) it seems like it is not possible to have a monthly freq (e.g. 'MS').Is there a way / workaround to make it work with monthly data or is it pla...

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Mateusz_Lomansk
New Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

It is possible to use AutoML to forecast monthly data, but it may require some additional steps or adjustments.One approach is to resample the monthly data to a lower frequency such as weekly or daily, and then use AutoML to forecast at that lower fr...

• 3 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors