Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

sher
by Valued Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Do we have any certificate voucher for the data bricks session in the upcoming days

Hi Team,Do we have any program for certificate vouchers for the data bricks session in upcoming days

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
sher
Valued Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

@Vidula Khanna​ I got this link for the certificate voucher register link.https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1sy5hSSnFtncrpYY1EYi0WMsDkJK0dYk9iKBAeeAha8E/edit#slide=id.g1ade45a9cd6_0_543

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
pjp94
by Contributor
  • 9 replies
  • 7 kudos

Calling a python function (def) in databricks

Not sure if I'm missing something here, but running a task outside of a python function runs much much quicker than executing the same task inside a function. Is there something I'm missing with how spark handles functions? 1) def task(x): y = dostuf...

• 9 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
sher
Valued Contributor II
  • 7 kudos

don't use python normal function use UDF in pyspark so that will be faster

• 7 kudos
8 More Replies
vr
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Is timestamp difference always INTERVAL DAY TO SECOND?

My observations show that timestamp difference has type of INTERVAL DAY TO SECONDS:select typeof(getdate() - current_date()) ----------------------------------------- interval day to secondBut is it guaranteed? Can it be DAY TO MINUTE or, say, YEAR T...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
sher
Valued Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

you can check here for given example: https://docs.databricks.com/sql/language-manual/functions/minussign.htmlthis might help to you.

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
prasannar
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
sher
Valued Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

Df.write.format('jdbc').options( url='jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.11.100:1521:ORCL', driver='oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver', dbtable='testschema.test', user='testschema', password='password').mode('overwrite').save()try ...

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
dulu
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

split character string in cell with sql

I have the following input: I am looking for a way to split the characters in the item_order_detail column into 2 columns itemID and itemName. As below output table uses SQL function in databricks with spark_sql version 3.2.1.Can someone suggest a so...

hinh22 hinh223
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
sher
Valued Contributor II
  • 6 kudos

you need to use explode functionhttps://stackoverflow.com/questions/61070630/spark-explode-column-with-json-array-to-rows

• 6 kudos
5 More Replies
RamyaN
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

How to read enum[] (enum of array) datatype from postgres using spark

We are trying to read a column which is enum of array datatype from postgres as string datatype to target. We could able to achieve this by expilcitly using concat function while extracting like belowval jdbcDF3 = spark.read .format("jdbc") .option(...

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

You can try custom schema for JDBC read.option("customSchema", "colname STRING")

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
IonFreeman_Pace
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Apache Spark Programming course -- repo notebooks don't seem to match up with content

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I synched this repo <https://github.com/databricks-academy/apache-spark-programming-with-databricks> as instructed. You can see that Notebook 4.1 is query optimization in the 'published' branch.https://github.com/...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

It happened to me also in the past as courses are constantly updated. You can inform the training department through https://help.databricks.com/s/contact-us?ReqType=training

• 1 kudos
aiwithqasim
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! How to Kafka configured on your PC with Databricks?

I'm working on the case to configure Kafka that is installed on my machine (Laptop) & I want to connect it with my Databricks account hosted on the AWS cloud.Secondly, I have CSV files that I want to use for real-time processing from Kafka to Databri...

• 2 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

For CSV, you need just to readStream in the notebook and append output to CSV using forEachBatch method.Your Kafka on PC needs to have the public address or you need to set AWS VPN and connect from your laptop to be in the same VPC as databricks.

• 4 kudos
1 More Replies
User16830818469
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks SQL Visualizations - export

How can I export Databricks SQL Dashboards as a .pdf?

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
BigMF
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hello, I'm trying to export my dashboard to PDF but when I run the export, none of the data is exported, only blank visuals. I would appreciate any help in getting this resolved.Dashboard in DBX: Exported PDF:

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
su
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reading from /tmp no longer working

Since yesterday, reading a file copied into the cluster is no longer working.What used to work:blob = gcs_bucket.get_blob("dev/data.ndjson") -> worksblob.download_to_filename("/tmp/data-copy.ndjson") -> worksdf = spark.read.json("/tmp/data-copy.ndjso...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Evan_From_Bosto
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

I encountered this same issue, and figured out a fix!For some reason, it seems like only %sh cells can access the /tmp directory. So I just did...%sh ch /tmp/<file> /dbfs/<desired-location> and then accessed it form there using Spark.

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
francisix
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! I haven't received badge for completion

Hi,Today I completed the test for Lakehouse fundamentals by scored 85%, still I haven't received the badge through my email francis@intellectyx.comKindly let me know please !-Francis

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
AdrianLobacz
Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Hi, I have same problem but you must wait up to 24 hours and you will receive the badge

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
satishshravan88
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

I haven't received certificate or badge after clearing data engineer associate exam

Hello Databricks Team,I completed my data engineer associate exam & passed the exam. But still now I haven't received certificate or badge. Also created help ticket, Ticket Number: #[00232273]​ Mail id : satishshravan888@gmail.comThanks,Satish

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Satish Shravan​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Tha...

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
virbickt
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! "User not authorized" error when trying to deploy access connector on Azure

Hi,I have been trying to deploy Access Connector resource on Azure using Azure Pipelines (YAML) and a Bicep template but I cannot find a solution to this error:ERROR: {"status":"Failed","error":{"code":"DeploymentFailed","message":"At least one resou...

• 3 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
ThomasVanBilsen
New Contributor III
  • 6 kudos

Hi,I fixed this issue by adding the service principal to the list of service principals in the Account Console. My guess is that after the access connector is created an API call is made to the Databricks account and the service principal making that...

• 6 kudos
2 More Replies
aicd_de
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Error Using spark.catalog.dropTempView()

I have a set of Spark Dataframes that I convert into Temp Views to run Spark SQL with. Then, I delete them after my logic/use is complete. The delete step throws an odd error that I am not sure how to fix. Looking for some tips on fixing it. As a not...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
aicd_de
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

spark.sql("DROP TABLE "+prefix_updates)            spark.sql("DROP TABLE "+prefix_main)Fixed it for me.

• 0 kudos
databicky
by Contributor II
  • 12 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 12 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
FerArribas
Contributor
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Hubert Dudek​,​Pandas API doesn't support abfss protocol.You have three options:​If you need to use pandas, you can write the excel to the local file system (dbfs) and then move it to ABFSS (for example with dbutils)Write as csv directly in abfss...

• 4 kudos
11 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors