Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

AriB101
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Attended 18Oct22 webinar but didnt recieve voucher

Hi @Kaniz Fatma​ Attended the webinar on 18th Oct uploaded the datalakehouse cert but didnt recieve voucher as of now,also didnt recieve data engg associate certificate.​Please help!!

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Arindam Bose​ Just a friendly- follow-up, have you got your certification and badge? If yes, please mark the answer as best.Thanks and Regards

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
RK_AV
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 8 kudos

Resolved! Autoloader cluster

I wanted to setup Autoloader to process files from Azure Data Lake (Blob) automatically whenever new files arrive. For this to work, I wanted to know if AutoLoader requires that the cluster is on all the time.

• 6 replies
  • 8 kudos
Latest Reply
asif5494
New Contributor III
  • 8 kudos

@Kaniz Fatma​ , If my cluster is not active, and I have uploaded 50 files in storage location, then where this Auto Loader will list out these 50 files. Will it use any checkpoint location, if yes, then how can I set the checkpoint location in Cloud ...

• 8 kudos
5 More Replies
khishore
by Contributor
  • 9 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! i haven't received my certificate or the badge for Databricks Certified Data Engineer Associate

Hi @Lindsay Olson​ @Kaniz Fatma​ ,I have cleared my Databricks Certified Data Engineer Associate on 29 October 2022. but haven't received my badge or certificate yet .Can you guys please help .Thanks

• 9 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 6 kudos

Great to hear that @khishore selvanathan​.

• 6 kudos
8 More Replies
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Databricks Certified Data Engineer Associate Certificate not received

Hello,I passed Databricks Certified Data Engineer Associate on 30 October 2022, but still didn't receive my certificate/badge. Could you please help me to obtain it?Regards,Ali

• 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 4 kudos

Hi @ali.ganbarov ali.ganbarov​ We are really sorry for the delays.The certification has been issued but due to the lag in the system, it is taking time. Our team is working on it. Please visit the credible site once.Thanks and Regards

• 4 kudos
5 More Replies
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 10 kudos

Schedule job runs with different parameters?

Is it possible to schedule different runs for job with parameters? I have a notebook that generates data based on the supplied parameter but would like to schedule runs instead of manually starting them. I assume that this would be possible using the...

• 6 replies
  • 10 kudos
Latest Reply
Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 10 kudos

You can pass parameters for your task. Each task type has different requirements for formatting and passing the parameters. https://docs.databricks.com/workflows/jobs/jobs.html#create-a-jobREST API can also pass parameters fro jobs. Tokens replace pa...

• 10 kudos
5 More Replies
Sandy21
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Cluster Configuration Best Practices

I have a cluster with the configuration of 400 GB RAM, 160 Cores.Which of the following would be the ideal configuration to use in case of one or more VM failures?Cluster A: Total RAM 400 GB      Total Cores 160   Total VMs: 1   400 GB/Exec & 160 c...

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor
  • 2 kudos

@Santhosh Raj​ can you please confirm cluster sizes you are taking are related to driver and worker node. how much you want to allocate to Driver and Worker? once we are sure about type of driver and worker we would like to pick, we need to enable au...

• 2 kudos
lzha174
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! ipywidgets stopped displaying today

everything was working yesterday, but today it stopped working as below: The example from the DB website does not work either with the same error. The page source says  This is affecting my work~~~a bit annoying, is DB people going to look into this ...

image image
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
lzha174
Contributor
  • 3 kudos

Today its back to work! I got a pop up window sayingthis should be the reason it was broken

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
ossinova
by Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Shortcut for changing cell language (adding magic command)

Is there an option or shortcut (or is it in the pipeline) to quickly change / insert a cell to a specific language in Databricks?Triggering B + P would for instance add a new cell below with %pythonTriggering M would for instance change that cell to ...

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Oscar Dyremyhr​  ​, It would mean a lot if you could select the "Best Answer" to help others find the correct answer faster.This makes that answer appear right after the question, so it's easier to find within a thread.It also helps us mark the q...

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
Sajid1
by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Parse Syntax error ,can anyone guide me what is going wrong here

Select case WHEN {{ Month }} = 0 then add_months(current_date(),-13 ) elseWHEN {{ Month }}> month(add_months(current_date(),-1)) then add_months(to_date(concat(year(current_date())-1,'-',{{Month}},'-',1)),-13)             else add_months(to_date(conc...

• 4 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 5 kudos

Hi @Sajid Thavalengal Rahiman​ â€‹, It would mean a lot if you could select the "Best Answer" to help others find the correct answer faster.This makes that answer appear right after the question, so it's easier to find within a thread.It also helps us ...

• 5 kudos
3 More Replies
Constantino
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

CMK for managed services automatic rotation

The docs for the CMK for workspace storage states:After you add a customer-managed key for storage, you cannot later rotate the key by setting a different key ARN for the workspace. However, AWS provides automatic CMK master key rotation, which rotat...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Constantino Schillebeeckx​ , You can update/rotate CMK at a later time (on a running workspace). Please refer: https://docs.databricks.com/security/keys/customer-managed-keys-managed-services-aws.html?_ga=2.214562071.1895504292.1667411694-6435253...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
BorislavBlagoev
by Valued Contributor III
  • 36 replies
  • 15 kudos
  • 36 replies
  • 15 kudos
Latest Reply
bhuvahh
New Contributor II
  • 15 kudos

I think plain python code will run with databricks connect (if it is a python program you are writing), and spark sql can be done by spark.sql(...).

• 15 kudos
35 More Replies
jgsp
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Can't import st_constructors module after installing Apache Sedona

Hi there,I've recently installed Apache Sedona on my cluster, according to the detailed instructions here. My Databricks runtime version is 9.1 LTS (includes Apache Spark 3.1.2, Scala 2.12).The installation included the apache-sedona library from PyP...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
jgsp
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Thank you @Debayan Mukherjee​ for the prompt reply. I've followed the instructions carefully, but now every time I try to run a cell in my notebook I get a "Cancelled" message. It clearly didn't work. Any advice?Your help is much appreciated.

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
HQJaTu
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Custom container doesn't launch systemd

Quite soon after moving from VMs to containers, I started crafting my own images. That way notebooks have all the necessary libraries already there and no need to do any Pipping/installing in the notebook.As requirements get more complex, now I'm at ...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Jari Turkia​ , Please check if this helps: https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2019/04/24/how-to-run-systemd-in-a-container#other_cool_features_about_podman_and_systemdAlso, you can run ubuntu /redhat linux OS inside containers which will have sys...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
Sandy21
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 5 kudos

Schema Evolution Issue in Streaming

When there is a schema change while reading and writing to a stream, will the schema changes be automatically handled by sparkor do we need to include the option(mergeschema=True)?Eg:df.writeStream .option("mergeSchema", "true") .format("delta") .out...

• 2 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 5 kudos

mergeSchema doesn't support all operations. In some cases .option("overwriteSchema", "true") is needed. MergeSchema doesn't support:Dropping a columnChanging an existing column's data type (in place)Renaming column names that differ only by case (e.g...

• 5 kudos
1 More Replies
ncouture
by Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How do you run a query as the owner but use a parameter as a viewer

I have a query that is hitting a table I have access too. Granting access to everyone is not an option. I am using this query in a SQL Dashboard. One of the where clause conditions uses a parameter populated by another query. I want this parameter qu...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
ncouture
Contributor
  • 0 kudos

It is not possible to do what I want. Somewhat seems like a security flaw but what ever

• 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors