cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

mattjones
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

www.meetup.com

DEC 13 MEETUP: Arbitrary Stateful Stream Processing in PySparkFor folks in the Bay Area- Dr. Karthik Ramasamy, Databricks' Head of Streaming, will be joined by engineering experts on the streaming and PySpark teams at Databricks for this in-person me...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
karthik_p
by Esteemed Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 7 kudos

How to properly convert DUB's consumed into Doller Amount in Databricks AWS/GCP/AZURE

HI Team,I have gone through Lot of articles, but it looks there is some gap on pricing. can anyone please let me know accurate way to calculate DBU Pricing into dollarsas per my understandingTotal DBU Cost: DBU /hour * total job ran in hours (Shows a...

• 5 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 7 kudos

DBU is per VM, and every VM has a different DBU price

• 7 kudos
4 More Replies
Christine
by Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

ADD COLUMN IF NOT EXISTS does not recognize "IF NOT EXIST". How do I add a column to an existing delta table with SQL if the column does not already exist?

How do I add a column to an existing delta table with SQL if the column does not already exist?I am using the following code: <%sqlALTER TABLE table_name ADD COLUMN IF NOT EXISTS column_name type; >but it prints the error: <[PARSE_SYNTAX_ERROR] Synta...

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
UmaMahesh1
Honored Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Christine Pedersen​ I guess IF NOT EXISTS or IF EXISTS can be used in conjunction with DROP or PARTITIONS according to the documentation. If you want to do this the same checking way, you can do using a try catch block in pyspark or as per your l...

• 2 kudos
Ovi
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 10 kudos

Construct Dataframe or RDD from S3 bucket with Delta tables

Hi all! I have an S3 bucket with Delta parquet files/folders with different schemas each. I need to create an RDD or DataFrame from all those Delta Tables that should contain the path, name and different schema of each.How could I do that?Thank you!P...

• 5 replies
  • 10 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 10 kudos

You can mount S3 bucket or read directly from it.access_key = dbutils.secrets.get(scope = "aws", key = "aws-access-key") secret_key = dbutils.secrets.get(scope = "aws", key = "aws-secret-key") sc._jsc.hadoopConfiguration().set("fs.s3a.access.key", ac...

• 10 kudos
4 More Replies
aaronpetry
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

%run not printing notebook output when using 'Run All' command

I have been using the %run command to run auxiliary notebooks from an "orchestration" notebook. I like using %run over dbutils.notebook.run because of the variable inheritance, troubleshooting ease, and the printing of the output from the auxiliary n...

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Aaron Petry​ Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers in the community have an answer to your question first. Or else bricksters will get back to you soon. Thanks

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
Nayan7276
by Valued Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 29 kudos

Resolved! databricks community

I have points in databricks community 461 but in reward store only reflecting 23 points can any one look into this issue

• 5 replies
  • 29 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 29 kudos

Hi rewards account needs to be created with same email id and points may take a week to reflect in your rewards account

• 29 kudos
4 More Replies
isaac_gritz
by Valued Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 8 kudos

Databricks Runtime Support

How Long are Databricks runtimes supported for? How often are they updated?You can learn more about the Databricks runtime support lifecycle here (AWS | Azure | GCP).Long Term Support (LTS) runtimes are released every 6 months and supported for 2 yea...

• 4 replies
  • 8 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 8 kudos

Thanks for update

• 8 kudos
3 More Replies
Saikrishna2
by New Contributor III
  • 7 replies
  • 11 kudos

Data bricks SQL is allowing 10 queries only ?

•Power BI is a publisher that uses AD group authentication to publish result sets. Since the publisher's credentials are maintained, the same user can access the data bricks database.•Number of the users are retrieving the data from the power bi or i...

• 7 replies
  • 11 kudos
Latest Reply
VaibB
Contributor
  • 11 kudos

I believe 10 is a limit as of now. See if you can increase the concurrency limit from the source.

• 11 kudos
6 More Replies
User16835756816
by Valued Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 11 kudos

How can I extract data from different sources and transform it into a fresh, reliable data pipeline?

Tip: These steps are built out for AWS accounts and workspaces that are using Delta Lake. If you would like to learn more watch this video and reach out to your Databricks sales representative for more information.Step 1: Create your own notebook or ...

• 4 replies
  • 11 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 11 kudos

Thanks @Nithya Thangaraj​ 

• 11 kudos
3 More Replies
him
by New Contributor III
  • 8 replies
  • 5 kudos

i am getting the below error while making a GET request to job in databrick after successfully running it

"error_code": "INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE",  "message": "Retrieving the output of runs with multiple tasks is not supported. Please retrieve the output of each individual task run instead."}

Capture
  • 8 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
SANKET
New Contributor II
  • 5 kudos

Use https://<databricks-instance>/api/2.1/jobs/runs/get?run_id=xxxx."get-output" gives the details of single run id which is associated with the task but not the Job.

• 5 kudos
7 More Replies
chhavibansal
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

ANALYZE TABLE showing NULLs for all statistics in Spark

var df2 = spark.read .format("csv") .option("sep", ",") .option("header", "true") .option("inferSchema", "true") .load("src/main/resources/datasets/titanic.csv")   df2.createOrReplaceTempView("titanic") spark.table("titanic").cach...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
chhavibansal
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

can you share what the *newtitanic* is I think that you would have done something similarspark.sql("create table newtitanic as select * from titanic")something like this works for me, but the issue is i first make a temp view then again create a tab...

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
Jain
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to install GDAL on Databricks Cluster ?

I am currently using Runtime 10.4 LTS.The options available on Maven Central does not work as well as on PyPi.I am running:try:   from osgeo import gdal   except ImportError:   import gdalto validate but it throws ModuleNotFoundError: No module n...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

@Abhishek Jain​  I can understand your issue it happens to me also multiple times so solving this issue I used to install the init script in my clusterMajor reason is that your 10X version does not support your current library so you have to find rig...

• 0 kudos
Slalom_Tobias
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

AttributeError: 'SparkSession' object has no attribute '_wrapped' when attempting CoNLL.readDataset()

I'm getting the error...AttributeError: 'SparkSession' object has no attribute '_wrapped'---------------------------------------------------------------------------AttributeError Traceback (most recent call last)<command-2311820097584616> in <cell li...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

this can happen in 10X version try to use 7.3 LTS and share your observationand if it not working there try to create init script and load it to your databricks cluster so whenever your machine go up you can get advantage of that library because some...

• 1 kudos
rammy
by Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 5 kudos

Not able to parse .doc extension file using scala in databricks notebook?

I could able to parse .doc extension files using Java programming with the help of POI libraries but when trying to convert Java code into Scala i expect it has to work with same java libraries with Scala programming but it is showing with below erro...

error screenshot Jar dependencies
  • 1 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
UmaMahesh1
Honored Contributor III
  • 5 kudos

Hi @Ramesh Bathini​ In pyspark, we have a docx module. I found that to be working perfectly fine. Can you try using that ?Documentation and stuff could be found online. Cheers...

• 5 kudos
Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors