Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

jakubk
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

spark.read.parquet() - how to check for file lock before reading? (azure)

I have some python code which takes parquet files from an adlsv2 location and merges it into delta tables (run as a workflow job on a schedule)I have a try catch wrapper around this so that any files that fail get moved into a failed folder using dbu...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jakubk
Contributor
  • 0 kudos

That's the problem - it's not being locked (or fs.mv() isn't checking/honoring the lock). The upload process/tool is a 3rd-prty external toolI can see via the upload tool that the file upload is 'in progress'I can also see the 0 byte destination file...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
VaDim
by New Contributor III
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Are MERGE INTO inserts supported when the delta table has an identity column ?

I can't seem to make it work as I keep getting:DeltaInvariantViolationException: NOT NULL constraint violated for column: dl_id.

• 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
byrdman
New Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

if you are using 'delta.columnMapping.mode' = 'name' on your table i could not get it to work, without that line .. for the not matched .. WHEN NOT MATCHED  THEN INSERT (columnname,columnName2) values(columnname,columnName2)WHEN MATCHED Then UPDAT...

• 3 kudos
7 More Replies
anders_poirel
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Moving Notebook Cell causes browser to run out of memory

Platform:AWS Databricksenabled "Turn on the new, updated code editor" in Notebook SettingsMacOS 12.5.1Firefox 104.0.2When I attempt to drag a notebook cell to move it, the tab crashes and causes my computer to run out of memory. I profiled the tab to...

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos
Taha_Hussain
by Valued Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

Register for Databricks Office HoursSeptember 14: 8:00 - 9:00 AM PT | 3:00pm - 4:00pm GMTSeptember 28: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM PT | 6:00 - 7:00 PM GMT Dat...

Register for Databricks Office HoursSeptember 14: 8:00 - 9:00 AM PT | 3:00pm - 4:00pm GMTSeptember 28: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM PT | 6:00 - 7:00 PM GMTDatabricks Office Hours connects you directly with experts to answer your Databricks questions.Join us t...

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Taha_Hussain
Valued Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

Check out some of the questions from fellow users during our last Office Hours. All these questions were answered live by a Databricks expert!Q: What's the best way of using a UDF in a class?A: You need to define your class and then register the func...

• 3 kudos
osoucy
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Is it possible to join two aggregated streams of data?

ObjectiveWithin the context of a delta live table, I'm trying to merge two streams aggregation, but run into challenges. Is it possible to achieve such a join?ContextAssume- table trades stores a list of trades with their associated time stamps- tabl...

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 5 kudos

www.linkedin.com

September 2022 Featured Member Interview Aman Sehgal - @AmanSehgal Pronouns: He, Him  Company: CyberCXJob Title: Senior Data Engineer Could you give a brief description of your professional journey to date? A. I started my career as software develope...

• 2 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
AmanSehgal
Honored Contributor III
  • 5 kudos

Thank you @Lindsay Olson​  and @Christy Seto​ for interviewing me and nominating me as this months featured member. It's a pleasure to be member of Databricks community and I'm looking forward to contribute more in future.To all the community members...

• 5 kudos
1 More Replies
Aran_Oribu
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Create and update a csv/json file in ADLSG2 with Eventhub in Databricks streaming

Hello ,This is my first post here and I am a total beginner with DataBricks and spark.Working on an IoT Cloud project with azure , I'm looking to set up a continuous stream processing of data.A current architecture already exists thanks to Stream Ana...

• 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

So the event hub creates files (json/csv) on adls.You can read those files into databricks with the spark.read.csv/json method. If you want to read many files in one go, you can use wildcards.f.e. spark.read.json("/mnt/datalake/bronze/directory/*/*...

• 2 kudos
4 More Replies
jacob1
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

I passed my DE associate exam, but unable to see/download my certificate on credentials.databricks.com. Can someone help download the certificate - this is time sensitive

I passed my DE associate exam, but unable to see/download my certificate on  credentials.databricks.com. I am using the same email as the one on Kryterion on webassessor.com/databricks.I can log invto Kryterion and see that I have passed the exam

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Hi @jacob stallone​ Thank you for reaching out!Let us look into this for you, and we will get back to you.

• 1 kudos
PChan
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

www.googleapis.com

It happens after databricks deleted my cluster{    "protoPayload": {      "@type": "type.googleapis.com/google.cloud.audit.AuditLog",      "status": {},      "serviceName": "container.googleapis.com",      "methodName": "google.container.v1.ClusterMa...

error
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
PChan
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

attached the error log.

• 0 kudos
Vickyster
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Column partitioning is not working in delta live table when `columnMapping` table property is enabled.

I'm trying to create delta live table on top of json files placed in azure blob. The json files contains white spaces in column names instead of renaming I tried `columnMapping` table property which let me create the table with spaces but the column ...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
akdm
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! FileNotFoundError when using sftp to write to disk within jobs

When I try to convert a notebook into a job I frequently run into an issue with writing to the local filesystem. For this particular example, I did all my notebook testing with a bytestream for small files. When I tried to run as a job, I used the me...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
akdm
Contributor
  • 1 kudos

I was able to fix it. It was an issue with the nested files on the SFTP. I had to ensure that the parent folders were being created as well. Splitting out the local path and file made it easier to ensure that it existed with os.path.exists() and os.m...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
Pritesh1
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Ganglia UI not showing visuals

Hello, I am trying to use Metrics and Ganglia UI to monitor the state of my clusters better. But, I am seeing that the visuals are not coming up. I have tried opening on Chrome and microsoft edge, it shows same. Is there something that I need to inst...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Pritesh1
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

I dont exactly know what was the issue. But, it seems to be related to some kind of network security. Apparently, my IT team had set up a separate vm and making the changes for that specific vm to be able to use Ganglia from there. I end up RDP into ...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Sparks
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Delta Live Table - How to pass OPTION "ignoreChanges" using SQL?

I am running a Delta Live Pipeline that explodes JSON docs into small Delta Live Tables. The docs can receive multiple updates over the lifecycle of the transaction. I am curating the data via medallion architecture, when I run an API /update with {"...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Hey there @Danny Aguirre​ Does @Prabakar Ammeappin​  response answer your question? If yes, would you be happy to mark it as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly?We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
dslin
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

How to deploy a python script with dependencies by dbx?

Hi,I'm quite new here. I'm trying to perform a deployment of python file with dbx command. The file contains libraries to be installed. How may I deploy the file (together with its dependencies) to databricks?Here are the commands I currently run:`db...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Di Lin​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
bindan
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Bootstrap Timeout during cluster start - Azure Data bricks

When I created a cluster on a new deployed Azure data bricks , It’s not starting and giving below message "Bootstrap Timeout" Please try again later, Instance bootstrap Timeout Failure message: Bootstrap script took too long and timeout. please try a...

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Bin Ep​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors