Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jessevds
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Create dropdown-list in Markdown

In the first cell of my notebooks, I record a changelog for all changes done in the notebook in Markdown. However, as this list becomes longer and longer, I want to implement a dropdown list. Is there anyway to do this in Markdown in databricks?For t...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Jesse vd S​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
mghildiy
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

A basic DataFrame transformation query

I want to know how dataframe transformations work.Suppose I have a DataFrame instance df1. I apply some operation on it, say a filter. As every operation gives a new dataframe, so lets say now we have df2. So we have two DataFrame instances now, df1 ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hi @mghildiy​ Does @Kaniz Fatma​  response answer your question? If yes, would you be happy to mark it as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly?We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Erik
by Valued Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Where is Databricks Tunnel (and is Databricks connect cool again?)

Two related questions:1: There has been several mentions in this forum about "Databricks Tunnel", which should allow us to connect from our local IDE to a remote databricks cluster and develop stuff locally. The roumors said early 2022, is there some...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 2 kudos

Hi there @Erik Parmann​ Does @Youssef Mrini​  response answer your question? If yes, would you be happy to mark it as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly?We'd love to hear from you.Thanks

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
dimsh
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Any plans to provide Databricks SQL / Alerts API

Hi, Databricks! You are my favorite Big Data tool, but I've recently faced an issue I didn't expect to have. For our agriculture customers, we're trying to use Databricks SQL Platform to keep our data accurate all day. We use Alerts to validate our d...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Dmytro Imshenetskyi​ Does @Hubert Dudek​  response answer your question? If yes, would you be happy to mark it as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly?We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
satishnamu
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot sign in at databricks partner-academy portal

Hi thereI have used my company email to register an account for customer-academy.databricks.com a while back.Now what I need to do is create an account with partner-academy.databricks.com using my company email too.However when I register at partner-...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Satish Namu​, Thank you for reaching out!Let us look into this for you, and we'll follow up with an update.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
ronaldolopes
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Error deleting a table

I'm trying to delete a table that was created from a csv and due to the file deletion, I can't execute the deletion, with the following error: I'm new to Databricks and I don't know how to fix this. Some help?

Captura de tela de 2022-08-29 14-35-04
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
AmanSehgal
Honored Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

To delete the table, it's looking for underlying delta log file and because the file doesn't exist, it's throwing you that error.Just drop the table.drop table <table_name>

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
RohitKulkarni
by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! Azure data bricks delta tables .Issue

Hello Team,I have written Spark SQL Query in data bricks :DROP TABLE IF EXISTS Salesforce.Location;CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE Salesforce.Location (Id STRING,OwnerId STRING,IsDeleted bigint,Name STRING,CurrencyIsoCode STRING,CreatedDate bigint,CreatedById ...

• 4 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
AmanSehgal
Honored Contributor III
  • 7 kudos

You need to provide one of the following value for 'data_source':TEXTAVROCSVJSONPARQUETORCDELTAeg: USING PARQUETIf you skip USING clause, then the default data source is DELTAhttps://docs.databricks.com/sql/language-manual/sql-ref-syntax-ddl-create-t...

• 7 kudos
3 More Replies
LearnerShahid
by New Contributor II
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Lesson 6.1 of Data Engineering. Error when reading stream - java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: com.databricks.backend.daemon.data.client.DBFSV1.resolvePathOnPhysicalStorage(path: Path)

Below function executes fine: def autoload_to_table(data_source, source_format, table_name, checkpoint_directory):  query = (spark.readStream         .format("cloudFiles")         .option("cloudFiles.format", source_format)         .option("cloudFile...

I have verified that source data exists.
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 4 kudos

Autoloader is not supported on community edition.

• 4 kudos
5 More Replies
BenLambert
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Delta Live Tables not inferring table schema properly.

I have a delta live tables pipeline that is loading and transforming data. Currently I am having a problem that the schema inferred by DLT does not match the actual schema of the table. The table is generated via a groupby.pivot operation as follows:...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
BenLambert
Contributor
  • 2 kudos

I was able to get around this by specifying the table schema in the table decorator.

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
mick042
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Optimal approach when using external script/executable for processing data

I need to process a number of files where I manipulate file text utilising an external executable that operates on stdin/stdout. I am quite new to spark. What I am attempting is to use rdd.pipe as in the followingexe_path = " /usr/local/bin/external...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16753725469
Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Michael Lennon​  Can you please elaborate use case on what the external app is doing exe_path

• 0 kudos
Leszek
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos

How to set up partitions on the streaming Delta Table?

Let's assume that we have 3 streaming Delta Tables:BronzeSilverGoldMy aim is to add partitioning to Silver table (for example by Date). So, as a result Gold table with throw an error that source table has been updated and I would need to set 'ignoreC...

• 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Leszek​ , We haven’t heard from you on the last response from @Werner Stinckens​ , and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please do share that with the community as it can be helpful to o...

• 4 kudos
2 More Replies
Mohit_m
by Valued Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Databricks - python error when importing wheel distribution package

In previous days all notebooks containing : 'import anomalydetection' worked just fine. There was no change in any configuration of the cluster, notebook or our imported library.However recently notebooks just crashed with below errorSame happen also...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Mohit_m
Valued Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Solution: This is due to the latest version of protobuf library, please try to downgrade the library which should solve the issuepip install protobuf==3.20.*protobuf library versions which works: 3.20.1 if it does not work then try 3.18.1

• 1 kudos
noimeta
by Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to use Terraform to add Git provider credentials to a workspace in order to use service principal for CI/CD

Hi,I'm very new to Terraform. Currently, I'm trying to automate the service principal setup process using Terraform.Following this example, I successfully created a service principal and an access token. However, when I tried adding databricks_git_cr...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
jakubk
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

spark.read.parquet() - how to check for file lock before reading? (azure)

I have some python code which takes parquet files from an adlsv2 location and merges it into delta tables (run as a workflow job on a schedule)I have a try catch wrapper around this so that any files that fail get moved into a failed folder using dbu...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jakubk
Contributor
  • 0 kudos

That's the problem - it's not being locked (or fs.mv() isn't checking/honoring the lock). The upload process/tool is a 3rd-prty external toolI can see via the upload tool that the file upload is 'in progress'I can also see the 0 byte destination file...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors