Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Krish123
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

mount a Azure DL in Databricks

Hello Team,I am quite new to Databricks and I am learning PySpark and Databricks. I am trying to mount a DL Gen2 in Databricks, as part of that I had created app registration, added DL into app registration permissions, created a secret and also adde...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
shan_chandra
by Honored Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! java.lang.ArithmeticException: Casting XXXXXXXXXXX to int causes overflow

My job started failing with the below error when inserting rows into a delta table. ailing with the below error when inserting rows (timestamp) to a delta table, it was working well before.java.lang.ArithmeticException: Casting XXXXXXXXXXX to int cau...

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
shan_chandra
Honored Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

This is because the Integer type represents 4-byte signed integer numbers. The range of numbers is from -2147483648 to 2147483647.Kindly use double as the data type to insert the "2147483648" value in the delta table.In the below example, The second ...

• 2 kudos
tz1
by New Contributor III
  • 13 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! Problem with Databricks JDBC connection: Error occured while deserializing arrow data

I have a Java program like this to test out the Databricks JDBC connection with the Databricks JDBC driver. Connection connection = null; try { Class.forName(driver); connection = DriverManager.getConnection(url...

• 13 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
Alice__Caterpil
New Contributor III
  • 7 kudos

Hi @Jose Gonzalez​ ,This similar issue in snowflake in JDBC is a good reference, I was able to get this to work in Java OpenJDK 17 by having this JVM option specified:--add-opens=java.base/java.nio=ALL-UNNAMEDAlthough I came across another issue with...

• 7 kudos
12 More Replies
Bency
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Invalid field schema option provided-DatabricksDeltaLakeSinkConnector

I have configured a Delta Lake Sink connector which reads from an AVRO topic and writes to the Delta lake . I have followed the docs and my config looks like below .  { "name": "dev_test_delta_connector", "config": {  "topics": "dl_test_avro",  "inp...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Bency
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

@Hubert Dudek​ , Should I be configuring anything with respect to schema in the connector config ? Because I did successfully stage some data from another topic of a different format(JSON_SR) into delta lake table , but its with AVRO topic that I ge...

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
User16826992666
by Valued Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! As an admin of a Databricks SQL environment, can I cancel long running queries?

I don't want one long or poorly written query to block my entire SQL endpoint for everyone else. Do I have the ability to kill specific queries?

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
DevB
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Is there a way to stop the session programmatically? like "kill session_id" or something similar in API?

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Bency
by New Contributor III
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Databricks Delta Lake Sink Connector

I am trying to use Databricks Delta Lake Sink Connector(confluent cloud ) and write to S3 . the connector starts up with the following error . Any help on this could be appreciated org.apache.kafka.connect.errors.ConnectException: java.sql.SQLExcepti...

• 7 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Bency
New Contributor III
  • 5 kudos

Hi @Kaniz Fatma​  yes we did , looks like it was indeed a whitelisting issue . Thanks @Hubert Dudek​  @Kaniz Fatma​ 

• 5 kudos
6 More Replies
Constantine
by Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! How to process a large delta table with UDF ?

I have a delta table with about 300 billion rows. Now I am performing some operations on a column using UDF and creating another columnMy code is something like thisdef my_udf(data): return pass   udf_func = udf(my_udf, StringType()) data...

• 1 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

That udf code will run on driver so better not use it for such a big dataset. What you need is vectorized pandas udf https://docs.databricks.com/spark/latest/spark-sql/udf-python-pandas.html

• 4 kudos
Jeff1
by Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Strange object returned using sparklyr

CommunityI'm running a sparklyr "group_by" function and the function returns the following info:# group by event_typeacled_grp_tbl <- acled_tbl %>% group_by("event_type") %>% summary(count = n())                   Length Cl...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Jeff1
Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

I should have deleted the post. While your are correct "event_type" should be without quotes the problem was the Summary function. I was using the wrong function it should have been "summarize."

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
Anuj93
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! a user has been deleted from databricks workspace . Is there any way to find who deleted the user?

a user has been deleted from databricks workspace . Is there any way to find who deleted the user?

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

To do that you need to have enabled audit logs (if event already happened and it was not "on" I am afraid now it is too late).For Azure https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/administration-guide/account-settings/azure-diagnostic-logsFor A...

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
umair
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Cannot Reproduce Result scikit-learn random forest

I'm running some machine learning experiments in databricks. For random forest algorithm when i restart the cluster, each time the training output is changes even though random state is set. Anyone has any clue about this issue?Note : I tried the sam...

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 3 kudos

Hi @umair ramzan​ , Were you able to reproduce the result using scikit-learn random forest?

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
trendtoreview
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

We all have been in the situation at some time where we wonder how to stop liking someone. There could be any reason behind this situation and might b...

We all have been in the situation at some time where we wonder how to stop liking someone. There could be any reason behind this situation and might be any person: your crush, love, friend, relatives, colleague, or any celebrity. Liking is the strong...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

@[Kaniz Fatma]​ @[Vartika]​ SPAM

• 0 kudos
Databach
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to resolve "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.databricks.spark.util.RegexBasedAWSSecretKeyRedactor" when running Scala Spark project using databricks-connect ?

Currently I am learning how to use databricks-connect to develop Scala code using IDE (VS Code) locally. The set-up of the databricks-connect as described here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/dev-tools/databricks-connect was succues...

image build.sbt
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Dusko
by New Contributor III
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! How to access root mountPoint without "Access Denied"?

Hi, I’m trying to read file from S3 root bucket. I can ls all the files but I can’t read it because of access denied. When I mount the same S3 root bucket under some other mountPoint, I can touch and read all the files. I also see that this new mount...

• 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Dusko
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Atanu Sarkar​ , @Piper Wilson​ ,​thanks for the replies. Well I don't understand the fact about ownership. I believe that rootbucket is still under my ownership (I created it and I could upload/delete any files through browser without any problem...

• 2 kudos
7 More Replies
hrushi2000
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Machine learning is sanctionative computers to tackle tasks that have, until now, completely been administered by folks.From driving cars to translati...

Machine learning is sanctionative computers to tackle tasks that have, until now, completely been administered by folks.From driving cars to translating speech, machine learning is driving accolade explosion among the capabilities of computing – serv...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

@[Kaniz Fatma]​ @[Vartika]​ SPAM

• 0 kudos
gbrueckl
by Contributor II
  • 16 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Setup Git Integration via REST API

We are currently setting up CI/CD for our Databricks workspace using Databricks Repos following the approach described in the offical docs: https://docs.databricks.com/repos.html#best-practices-for-integrating-databricks-repos-with-cicd-workflowsObvi...

• 16 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
New1
New Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

Hi, how can i trigger a job externally using Github actions?

• 3 kudos
15 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors