cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data + AI Summit 2024 - Data Engineering & Streaming

Forum Posts

Orianh
by Valued Contributor II
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Databrikcs job cli

Hey guys, I'm trying to create a job via databricks cli, This job is going to use a wheell file that I already upload to dbfs and exported from this package the entry point that needed for the job.In the UI I can see that the job has been created, Bu...

• 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
  • 2 kudos

Hi @orian hindi​ , We haven’t heard from you on the last response from me, and I was checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others. Otherwise, we will re...

• 2 kudos
9 More Replies
vivek_sinha
by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Getting Authentication Error while accessing Azure Blob table (wasb) URL using PySpark

I am trying to access the Azure Blob table using Pyspark but getting an Authentication Error. Here I am passing SAS token (HTTP and HTTPS enabled) but it's working only with WASBS (HTTPS) URL, not with WASB (HTTP) URL.Even I tried with Account key as...

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
vivek_sinha
Contributor
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Arvind Ravish​  The issue got fixed after passing HTTP and HTTPS enabled token to spark executors.Thanks again for your help

• 4 kudos
3 More Replies
vivek_sinha
by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! PySpark on Jupyterhub K8s || Unable to query data || Class org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.S3AFileSystem not found

Pyspark Version: 2.4.5 Hive Version: 1.2 Hadoop Version: 2.7 AWS-SDK Jar: 1.7.4 Hadoop-AWS: 2.7.3When I am trying to show data I am getting Class org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.S3AFileSystem not found while I am passing all the information which all are re...

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
vivek_sinha
Contributor
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Arvind Ravish​ Thanks for the response and now I fixed the issue.The image which I was using to launch spark executor didn't have aws jars. After doing necessary changes it started working.But still may thanks for your response.

• 4 kudos
3 More Replies
Prabakar
by Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Non-admin users unable to create jobs from Job UI Non-admin users may be experiencing difficulties interacting with the jobs UI. This is due to a rece...

Non-admin users unable to create jobs from Job UINon-admin users may be experiencing difficulties interacting with the jobs UI. This is due to a recently discovered UI regression in the 3.73 shard release, deployed to the jobs service starting June 6...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

This has been conveyed to all customers. If the email landed in your spam box then this should help you.

• 1 kudos
mali_bigdata
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks is adding NULL value in the URL while moving the Fairlearn dashboard and causing CORS error and fairlearn dashboard keeps spinning.

We are trying to run FairnessDashboard and once we pass in the data to the dashboard it keeps on the spinning. Please see the attached file.Also we noticed that Databricks is adding NULL in the URL and eventually we get the CORS error and it is redir...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
eager_to_learn
by New Contributor III
  • 9 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Databricks pool - 2 instances are in running state without any job running in the system

We are using Azure Databricks pools, configured 16 max instances. Out of 16, 2 instances are in running state without any job in running condition, how & where can i check the usage of the instances ?p.s. SQL pool is also not running, so no chances o...

• 9 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
eager_to_learn
New Contributor III
  • 5 kudos

@Kaniz Fatma​ / @Prabakar Ammeappin​ Any idea, how can we queue the jobs in the Resource pools, is it some setting which we need to switch on so the jobs are queued until instances are available or can you point some documentation for the same ?

• 5 kudos
8 More Replies
ABAGRI
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Having Issues with extracting records from complex JSON

Hi Team,we are using delta live tables to ingest data from Kafka.the JSON file we receive is a complex JSON structure and we are trying to explode the file into its necessary columns and transactions, Thank youplease see attached sample file{ "Table...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
User16753725469
Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Lantis Pillay​ Could you please try to parse JSON records in the below way

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
Antoine_De_A
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Streaming data to CosmosDB

Hello everyone,Here is the problem I am facing. I'm currently working on streaming data to DataBricks, my goal is to create a data stream on a first notebook, and then on a second notebook to read this data stream, add all the new rows to a dataFrame...

• 2 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Antoine_De_A
New Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

Problem solved!Instead of trying to do everything directly with the .writeStream options I used the .forEachBatch() function which allows me to call a function outside the .writeStream().In this function I get a dataFrame in parameter which is my str...

• 4 kudos
1 More Replies
curious-case-of
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! Databricks notebook taking too long to run as a job compared to when triggered from within the notebook

I don't know if this question has been covered earlier, but here it goes - I have a notebook that I can run manually using the 'Run' button in the notebook or as a job.The runtime when I run from within the notebook directly is roughly 2 hours. But w...

• 3 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
wvl
New Contributor II
  • 6 kudos

We're seeing the same behavior.. Good performance using interactive cluster.Using identically sized job cluster, performance is bad. Any ideas?

• 6 kudos
2 More Replies
data_engineer_0
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

How to run the .py file in databricks cluster

Hi team,I wants to run the below command in databricks and also need to capture the error and success message.Please help me out here,Thanks in advanceEx: python3 /mnt/users/code/x.py --arguments

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
User16764241763
Honored Contributor
  • 2 kudos

Hello @Piper Wilson​ Would this task not help?https://docs.databricks.com/dev-tools/api/latest/examples.html#jobs-api-examples

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
User15787040559
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MicrosoftTeams-image

ERROR Max retries exceeded with url: /api/2.0/jobs/runs/get?run_id= Failed to establish a new connectionThis error can happen when exceeding the rate limits for all REST API calls as documented here.In the image shown for example we're using the Jobs...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16764241763
Honored Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Carlos Morillo​  Are you facing this issue consistently or when you run a lot of jobs?We are internally tracking a similar issue. Could you please file a support request with Microsoft Support? Databricks and MSFT will collaborate and provide upd...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
chandan_a_v
by Valued Contributor
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Chandan Angadi​ , We haven’t heard from you on the last response from @Prabakar Ammeappin​ , and I was checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. If you have any solution, please do share that with the community as it can be helpful to ot...

• 3 kudos
8 More Replies
Gopal_Sir
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! How to convert a string column to Array of Struct ?

I have a nested struct , where on of the field is a string , it looks something like this ....string = "[{\"to_loc\":\"6183\",\"to_loc_type\":\"S\",\"qty_allocated\":\"18\"},{\"to_loc\":\"6137\",\"to_loc_type\":\"S\",\"qty_allocated\":\"9\"},{\"to_lo...

• 5 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 7 kudos

Can you mark the question as answered so others can find the solution?

• 7 kudos
4 More Replies
Data_Cowboy
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Plotting in pyspark.pandas Uncaught ReferenceError Plotly is not defined

Hi, I am trying to plot using pyspark.pandas running this sample code: speed = [0.1, 17.5, 40, 48, 52, 69, 88] lifespan = [2, 8, 70, 1.5, 25, 12, 28] index = ['snail', 'pig', 'elephant', 'rabbit', 'giraffe', 'coyote', 'horse'] psdf = ps.Data...

Error Message
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Data_Cowboy
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Thank you @Werner Stinckens​ . I was able to find the plotly documentation listed below and setting the output_type and calling displayHTML() helped remedy the error.

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors