Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

William_Scardua
by Valued Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Update Databricks Runtime

Hy guys,I need to upgrade my databricks runtime (current 8.0 ) What the precautions should I take ?Thank you very much

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Steward475
New Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

If you want to know the version of Databricks runtime in Azure after creation: Go to Azure Data bricks portal => Clusters => Interactive Clusters => here you can find the run time version. For more details, refer "Azure Databricks Runtime versions".R...

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
test_data
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Please use Repos and in admin settings please enable "Files in Repo" than you will be able to import class in notebook:from repo_folder.subfolders.file import your_class

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
test_data
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

need to move notebook file from workspace to dbfs.

Hi teami need to move the notebook file from workspace to dbfs. i have tried and getting an error there is no file ?

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Not sure what command are you using and what is error? As access to workspace is managed per user on databricks so %sh magic commands will not work as you could see other user files.Dbfs is data storage. Notebook code from Workspace can be moved to R...

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
prasadvaze
by Valued Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

which table in external hive metastore stores the folder path for delta table's data?

which table in external hive metastore stores the folder path for delta table's data? Is it SDS table?

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Image here can be helpful https://analyticsanvil.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/hive_metastore_database_diagram.png

• 1 kudos
BorislavBlagoev
by Valued Contributor III
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Databricks SQL Connector

I started to explore Databricks SQL Connector. And I'm wondering can I execute query from Databricks SQL Connector from notebook or job?sample code:'test_query' lives in Databricks SQL. It is ready to use query!from databricks import sql   hostname =...

• 11 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

@Borislav Blagoev​ - There is a "Select as Best" link underneath each reply. All you need to do, if you choose, is to click on that link for whichever reply best answered your question. The purpose is to help other members find helpful solutions more...

• 2 kudos
10 More Replies
ray21
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Do Databricks support XLA compilation for TensorFlow models?

I am defining a sequential Keras model using tensorflow.kerasRuntime: Databricks ML 8.3Cluster: Standard NC24 with 4 GPUs per node.To enable XLA compilation, I set the following flag:tf.config.optimizer.set_jit(True)Here is the output when I try to t...

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
sean_owen
Honored Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

I don't think this is specific to Databricks, but rather Tensorflow. See https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68614547/tensorflow-libdevice-not-found-why-is-it-not-found-in-the-searched-path for a possibly relevant solution.I don't see evidence that t...

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
Atul_Sharan
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Hello Experts - I am facing one technical issue with Databricks SQL - IF-ELSE or CASE statement implementation when trying to execute two separate set of queries based on a valued of a column of the Delta table.

Hi Experts,I'm reading a pipe delimited source file where first row does not contain the data but contains the - REPLACE or UPDATE values which indicate the refresh type if it is Full refresh Or Upsert. The second row is nothing but header and the a...

• 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Atul_Sharan
New Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

Thanks a ton Gurpreet, Suggested approach was helpful in resolution of the issue. Appreciate your help !!

• 2 kudos
4 More Replies
DamienSicard
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! LaTeX support in markdown cells

Hi everyone,I'm a new user of Databricks community edition.Does markdown cells support LaTeX ?Thanks,

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

@Damien Sicard​ - Awesome! Thanks for letting us know.

• 1 kudos
4 More Replies
Orianh
by Valued Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Train deep learning model with numpy arrays.

Hey guys,I'm trying to train deep learning model at ML databricks with numpy arrays as input.For now i organized all the data inside DF- df contains 4 columns : col1,col2,col3,col4col1 and col2 have arrays with shape (1,3,3,3,3), col 3 have array wit...

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Maybe you could save some your code. It will be easier to answer and also we could learn deep learning in databricks from your code.

• 1 kudos
4 More Replies
DamienSicard
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Notebooks font size

Hi,Is there a way to increase the cells' font size and set it as a default setting ?Thanks.Best Damien

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Damien Sicard​ , As @werners has stated, you can zoom your browser.

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
herry
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Hive Serde table vs Delta table

This might be stupid question. Does the Hive Serde table have the same features (e.g. transactions) comparing to the Delta table?I tried to find the information in the Databricks documentation but I cannot find a clear answer.I create the Hive Serde ...

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

AFAIK Hive SerDe is just Serializer and Deserializer (write and read data to/from storage).Hive uses SerDe (and FileFormat) to read and write table rows. So it is not an actual file format like parquet, orc and also delta lake (which I consider a se...

• 1 kudos
4 More Replies
Constantine
by Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Do we have delta table access logs ?

I have delta tables on databricks with AWS s3.Are there any logs or anything else to figure out who all are accessing a particular DB or tables.

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

The thing that comes closest are Audit logs. Here is a list of log triggers.

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
self-employed
by Contributor
  • 12 replies
  • 8 kudos

Resolved! The log in function and password reset function in the community edition do not work

I want to register a databrick account. I already set up my account. I also receive the email to set my password. However, I cannot use my password to log in the community account. I can use it to log in my standard account. I also click the reset th...

• 12 replies
  • 8 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 8 kudos

Hi @lawrance Zhang​ , It looks like you've signed up for an AWS trial account. Can you log into the accounts console accounts.cloud.databricks.com and try resetting the password from there? If you’d like to sign up for the community edition, then you...

• 8 kudos
11 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors