Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Ulman
by Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Switching to File Notification Mode with ADLS Gen2 - Encountering StorageException

Hello,We are currently utilizing an autoloader with file listing mode for a stream, which is experiencing significant latency due to the non-incremental naming of files in the directory—a condition that cannot be altered.In an effort to mitigate this...

Data Engineering
ADLS gen2
autoloader
file notification mode
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Wojciech_BUK
Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Ulman ,i think that by default this method will try to create Event Grid and Storage Queue on the same Storage Account as your data.Please not that PREMIUM Blob Storage do not have QUEUE service.In my opinion the easiest way would be to create ma...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
madhumitha
by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connect power bi desktop semantic model output to databricks

Hello, I am trying to connect the power bi semantic model output (basically the data that has already been pre processed) to databricks. Does anybody know how to do this? I would like it to be an automated process so I would like to know any way to p...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @madhumitha, Connecting Power BI semantic model output to Databricks can be done in a few steps. Here are a couple of options: Databricks Power Query Connector: The new Databricks connector is natively integrated into Power BI. You can configu...

• 0 kudos
jainshasha
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Job Cluster in Databricks workflow

Hi,I have configured 20 different workflows in Databricks. All of them configured with job cluster with different name. All 20 workfldows scheduled to run at same time. But even configuring different job cluster in all of them they run sequentially w...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @jainshasha, Running multiple workflows in parallel with their own job clusters in Databricks can be achieved by following the right configuration. Let’s explore some options: Shared Job Clusters: To optimize resource usage with jobs that orch...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
RabahO
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dashboard always display truncated data

Hello, we're working with a serverless SQL cluster to query Delta tables and display some analytics in dashboards. We have some basic group by queries that generate around 36k lines, and they are executed without the "limit" key word. So in the data ...

RabahO_0-1714985064998.png RabahO_1-1714985222841.png
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
pragarwal
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding Member to group using account databricks rest api

Hi All,I want to add a member to a group in databricks account level using rest api (https://docs.databricks.com/api/azure/account/accountgroups/patch) as mentioned in this link I could able to authenticate but not able to add member while using belo...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @pragarwal,  The body you’ve shared is almost correct. However, there’s a small issue. Instead of directly providing the email address as the value, you need to provide an object with the "value" field set to the email address. Here’s the correcte...

• 0 kudos
jorperort
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

[Databricks Assets Bundles] no deployment state

Good morning, I'm trying to run: databricks bundle run --debug -t dev integration_tests_job My bundle looks: bundle: name: x include: - ./resources/*.yml targets: dev: mode: development default: true workspace: host: x r...

Data Engineering
Databricks Assets Bundles
Deployment Error
pid=265687
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @jorperort,    The error message you’re seeing, “no deployment state. Did you forget to run ‘databricks bundle deploy’?”, indicates that the deployment state is missing.   Here are some steps you can take to resolve this issue: Verify Deploym...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
ashraf1395
by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Optimising Clusters in Databricks on GCP

Hi there everyone,We are trying to get hands on Databricks Lakehouse for a prospective client's project.Our Major aim for the project is to Compare Datalakehosue on Databricks and Bigquery Datawarehouse in terms of Costs and time to setup and run que...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @ashraf1395, Comparing Databricks Lakehouse and Google BigQuery is essential to make an informed decision for your project. Let’s address your questions: Cluster Configurations for Databricks: Databricks provide flexibility in configuring com...

• 0 kudos
mamiya
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

ODBC PowerBI 2 commands in one query

Hello everyone,I'm trying to use the ODBC DirectQuery option in PowerBI, but I keep getting an error about another command. The SQL query works while using the SQL Editor. Do I need to change the setup of my ODBC connector?DECLARE dateFrom DATE = DA...

mamiya_0-1714651686806.png mamiya_3-1714651948145.png
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @mamiya , Here are a few steps you can take to address the error: Check Power Query Editor Steps: The error might be related to a specific step in the Power Query Editor. Try opening the Power Query Editor and reviewing the steps. If there’s a...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Deepak_Kandpal
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Invalid configuration value detected for fs.azure.account.key with com.crealytics:spark-excel

I have setup my Databricks notebook to use Service Principal to access ADLS using below configuration.service_credential = dbutils.secrets.get(scope="<scope>",key="<service-credential-key>")   spark.conf.set("fs.azure.account.auth.type.<storage-accou...

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Harsha_Dbrs
  • 3 kudos

Below is the implementation of same code in scala:spark.sparkContext.hadoopConfiguration.set("fs.azure.account.key.<accountName>.dfs.core.windows.net",<accountKey>)

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
Ameshj
by New Contributor
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dbfs init script migration

I need help with migrating from dbfs on databricks to workspace. I am new to databricks and am struggling with what is on the links provided.My workspace.yml also has dbfs hard-coded. Included is a full deployment with great expectations.This was don...

Data Engineering
Azure Databricks
dbfs
Great expectations
python
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
NandiniN
Valued Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Ameshj , Sorry for the delay in the response. For the all_df screenshot - how are you creating that df? Does it contain Tablename? How is it related to init script migration? Kindly add set -x after the first line, and enable cluster logs to DBFS...

• 0 kudos
5 More Replies
prats33
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

schedule job termination

Hi i want to terminate my databricks job daily at 11.59am, how can i achieve this in databricks

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi @prats33 You can use databricks cluster API for terminate your cluster at any specific time, create notebook for API and schedule it as databricks workflow job on job cluster at 11:59.

• 0 kudos
kDev
by New Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

UnauthorizedAccessException: PERMISSION_DENIED: User does not have READ FILES on External Location

Our jobs have been running fine so far w/o any issues on a specific workspace. These jobs read data from files on Azure ADLS storage containers and dont use the hive metastore data at all.Now we attached the unity metastore to this workspace, created...

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Masha
New Contributor
  • 1 kudos

@Wojciech_BUK Thanks a lot for the feedback! I have a couple of questions: When you say "allow workspace clusters to access storage" - I understand when you talk about interactive cluster. In my case I was trying to trigger a Databricks Notebook/Job ...

• 1 kudos
4 More Replies
srikanth2
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can we use Managed Identity to create mount point for ADLS Gen2

Hi,We would like to use Azure Managed Identity to create mount point to read/write data from/to ADLS Gen2?We are also using following code snippet to use MSI authentication to read data from ADLS Gen2 but it is giving error,storage_account_name = "<<...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Walter_C
Valued Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

It seems that using User Assigned Managed Identity to read/write from ADLS Gen2 inside a notebook is not directly supported at the moment.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
stepysamud
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Workflow UI broken after creating job via the api

Hi all,I'm in the progress of migrating from Databricks Azure to Databricks AWS.One part of this is migrating all our workflows which I wanted to via the /api/2.1/jobs/create api with the workflow passed via the json body. I have successfully created...

stepysamud_0-1714037158355.png
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Walter_C
Valued Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hello, many thanks for your question, as per the error message showed it was mentioning a possible timeout or network issue. As first step have you tried to open the page on another browser or using incognito mode?Also have you tried using different ...

• 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors