Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Yasser
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

[sql warehouse] Invalid configuration value detected for fs.azure.account.key with 'force' = 'true'

Hello,I am getting the following error when trying to copy data to databricks from an ADLS with SQL and using a SAS tokenFailure to initialize configuration for storage account <storage account>: Invalid configuration value detected for fs.azure.acco...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Chris_Shehu
by Valued Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! What is the best way to handle big data sets?

I'm trying to find the best strategy for handling big data sets. In this case I have something that is 450 million records. I'm pulling the data from SQL Server very quickly but when I try to push the data to the Delta Table OR a Azure Container the...

• 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Wilynan
New Contributor II
  • 5 kudos

I think you should consult experts in Big Data for advice on this issue

• 5 kudos
4 More Replies
wschoi
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

How to fix plots and image color rendering on Notebooks?

I am currently running dark mode for my Databricks Notebooks, and am using the "new UI" released a few days ago (May 2023) and the "New notebook editor."Currently all plots (like matplotlib) are showing wrong colors. For example, denoting:```... p...

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
leonardoazzi
New Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

Hello all,Thank you @wschoi for reporting this issue. I've lost a lot of time trying to figure out if my image plotting was wrong.

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
parthsalvi
by Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Amazon SES : boto3 credentials not found. DBR 11.2 Shared mode

We're trying to send email using Amazon SES using boto3.client in python. We've added SES Full access in clusters IAM Role.We were able to send email in "No isolation shared" mode in DBR 11.2 using ses = boto3.client('ses', region_name='us-****-2') s...

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
JameDavi_51481
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

This appears to be an intentional design choice to prevent users from using the credentials of the host machine to carry out arbitrary AWS API calls. I really wish there was a workaround or setting to disable this behavior because we put a lot of wor...

• 2 kudos
DatabricksHero
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unity Catalog 2.1 API Not Returning SQL Function/View Dependencies

Hi all,I have a problem with reading responses generated by Unity Catalog API 2.1 as they are missing fields that are otherwise described in the specification:List functions - The fields routine_dependencies, return_params, and input_params are missi...

Data Engineering
API
sql
Unity Catalog
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @DatabricksHero ,    view_dependencies View dependencies (when table_type == VIEW or MATERIALIZED_VIEW, STREAMING_TABLE) when DependencyList is None, the dependency is not provided;when DependencyList is an empty list, the dependency is provided b...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Henrik
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Run notebooks on serverless SQL cluster

Is it just me or i'm I right that we  can't run notebooks on a serverless SQL cluster?It would be a nice feature for SQL based notebooks.

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Henrik
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

I figured out.I needed to start the cluster first.

• 1 kudos
Sinthiya
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Multiple streaming sources to the single delta live table

In our case, we have multiple sources writing to the same target table.  A target table can be populated from multiple source tables, each contributing a set of fields. How to add/update columns in a target table from multiple sources.In a delta live...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
SaiKiranGajjala
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Following.

• 1 kudos
a_t_h_i
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Move managed DLT table from one schema to another schema in Databricks

I have a DLT table in schema A which is being loaded by DLT pipeline.I want to move the table from schema A to schema B, and repoint my existing DLT pipeline to table in schema B. also I need to avoid full reload in DLT pipeline on table in Schema B....

Data Engineering
delta-live-table
deltalivetable
deltatable
dlt
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Tharun-Kumar
Honored Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

@a_t_h_i This feature is being actively worked upon by our Engineers. The plan is to change the schema name in the DLT pipeline settings and DLT will move the managed DLT table to the other schema.

• 1 kudos
Mr_K
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

AnalysisException: [UC_COMMAND_NOT_SUPPORTED] Spark higher-order functions are not supported in Unity Catalog.;

Hello,forecast_date = '2017-12-01' spark.conf.set('spark.sql.shuffle.partitions', 500 ) # generate forecast for this data forecasts = ( history .where(history.date < forecast_date) # limit training data to prior to our forecast date .groupBy...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Tharun-Kumar
Honored Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

@Mr_K ApplyInPandas is a higher order function in Python. As of now, we do not support higher order functions in Unity Catalog. We do support direct calls made to python UDFs. Here is an example of how to reference UDFs in UC - https://docs.databrick...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
schnee1
by New Contributor III
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Access struct elements inside dataframe?

I have JSON data set that contains a price in a string like "USD 5.00". I'd like to convert the numeric portion to a Double to use in an MLLIB LabeledPoint, and have managed to split the price string into an array of string. The below creates a data...

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
goldentriangle
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Thanks, Golden Triangle Tour

• 0 kudos
7 More Replies
NCat
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

ipywidgets: Uncaught RefferenceError require is not defined

Hi,When I tried to use ipywidgets, it returns the following error.I’m using Databricks with PrivateLink enabled on AWS, and Runtime version is 12.2 LTS.Is there something that I need to use ipywidgets in my environment?

CA0045C4-83C6-46FC-95DC-6857199FE69D.jpeg
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @NCat, The error message "uncaught reference error: require is not defined" indicates that the require function is not defined in the current scope. This error can occur when using Databricks Connect with a version of Node.js that does not support...

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
MattM
by New Contributor III
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Access Databricks Delta table using SSRS without copying data to AzureSQL

We have our BI facts and dimensions built in as delta table in Datarbicks env and is being used for reporting by connecting PowerBI reports using datarbricks connection. We now have a need to use this data for another application utilizing SSRS repor...

• 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

https://buyusasmm.com/product/buy-google-5-star-reviews/

• 2 kudos
7 More Replies
kll
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

python multiprocessing and the Databricks Architecture - under the hood.

I am curious what is going on under-the-hood when using `multiprocessing` module to parallelize an function call and apply it to a Pandas DataFrame along the row axis. Specifically, how does it work with DataBricks Architecture / Compute. My cluster ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

@Keval Shah​ :When using the multiprocessing module in Python to parallelize a function call and apply it to a Pandas DataFrame along the row axis, the following happens under the hood:The Pool object is created with the specified number of processes...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
DineshKumar
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

Spark Read CSV doesn't preserve the double quotes while reading!

Hi , I am trying to read a csv file with one column has double quotes like below. James,Butt,"Benton, John B Jr",6649 N Blue Gum St Josephine,Darakjy,"Chanay, Jeffrey A Esq",4 B Blue Ridge Blvd Art,Venere,"Chemel, James L Cpa",8 W Cerritos Ave #54...

• 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
LearningAj
New Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

Hi Team,I am also facing same issue and i have applied all the option mentioned from above posts:I will just post my dataset here:Attached is the my input data with 3 different column out of which comment column contains text value with double quotes...

• 2 kudos
4 More Replies
erigaud
by Honored Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Get total number of files of a Delta table

I'm looking to know programatically how many files a delta table is made of.I know I can do %sqlDESCRIBE DETAIL my_tableBut that would only give me the number of files of the current version. I am looking to know the total number of files (basically ...

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
erigaud
Honored Contributor
  • 2 kudos

Yes I think that solution is good, thank you !

• 2 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors