Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ranged_coop
by Valued Contributor II
  • 23 replies
  • 22 kudos

Resolved! How to access a jar file stored in Databricks Workspace ?

Hi All,We have a couple of jars stored in a workspace folder.We are using init scripts to copy the jars in the workspace to the /databricks/jars path.The init scripts do not seem to be able to find the files. The scripts are failing saying the files ...

• 23 replies
  • 22 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 22 kudos

Hi @Bharath Kumar Ramachandran​ You're welcome! I'm glad you found the link useful. I empathize with your hope that Databricks would consider adding this option. It's possible that Databricks will take user feedback into account when planning future ...

• 22 kudos
22 More Replies
Eelke
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

I want to perform interpolation on a streaming table in delta live tables.

I have the following code:from pyspark.sql.functions import * !pip install dbl-tempo from tempo import TSDF   from pyspark.sql.functions import *   # interpolate target_cols column linearly for tsdf dataframe def interpolate_tsdf(tsdf_data, target_c...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Eelke
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

The issue was not resolved because we were trying to use a streaming table within TSDF which does not work.

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
HariharaSam
by Contributor
  • 10 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! To get Number of rows inserted after performing an Insert operation into a table

Consider we have two tables A & B.qry = """INSERT INTO Table ASelect * from Table B where Id is null """spark.sql(qry)I need to get the number of records inserted after running this in databricks.

• 10 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
GRCL
New Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

Almost same advice than Hubert, I use the history of the delta table :df_history.select(F.col('operationMetrics')).collect()[0].operationMetrics['numOutputRows']You can find also other 'operationMetrics' values, like 'numTargetRowsDeleted'.

• 4 kudos
9 More Replies
Merchiv
by New Contributor III
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! AnalysisException when running SQL queries

When running some SQL queries using spark.sql(...), we sometimes get a variant of the following error:AnalysisException: Undefined function: current_timestamp. This function is neither a built-in/temporary function, nor a persistent function that is ...

• 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
ashish1
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

This is most likely a conflict in the lib code, you can uninstall some libs on your cluster and try to narrow it down to the problematic one.

• 2 kudos
7 More Replies
siddharthk
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Reduce downtime of Postgres table - JDBC overwrite job

I want to overwrite a Postgresql table transactionStats which is used by the customer facing dashboards.This table needs to be updated every 30 mins. I am writing a AWS Glue Spark job via JDBC connection to perform this operation.Spark dataframe writ...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Siddharth Kanojiya​ We haven't heard from you since the last response from @werners (Customer)​ . Kindly share the information with us, and in return, we will provide you with the necessary solution.Thanks and Regards

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
Pras1
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! AZURE_QUOTA_EXCEEDED_EXCEPTION - even with more than vCPUs than Databricks recommends

I am running this Delta Live Tables PoC from databricks-industry-solutions/industry-solutions-blueprintshttps://github.com/databricks-industry-solutions/pos-dltI have Standard_DS4_v2 with 28GB and 8 cores x 2 workers - so a total of 16 cores. This is...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Prasenjit Biswas​ We haven't heard from you since the last response from @Jose Gonzalez​ â€‹ . Kindly share the information with us, and in return, we will provide you with the necessary solution.Thanks and Regards

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
Woody
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

This site has alot of issues....

I need to login and I can't to try Databricks..so you have a OAUTH issue...I cant try Databricks at all because the country icon doesn't work and it sends a URI issue from your front end to the back end..."Request_URI=&Geo_country_code=&Geo_country_i...

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Jessica Woods​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers...

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
Westinghouse
by New Contributor II
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos

Detectron2 install

I have been struggling to install Detectron 2. I think it is an issue with Cuda. Any adivise?install!pip install -q "detectron2@git+https://github.com/facebookresearch/detectron2.git@e2ce8dc#egg=detectron2"Error:qm8vsdal/detectron2_85faeed5ce7945dbad...

• 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Joshua Roberge​Sorry for the inconvenience!Kindly review the solution offered by @Suteja Kanuri.

• 3 kudos
6 More Replies
sriram_kumar
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos

To do Optimization on the real time delta table

Hi Team,We have few prod tables which are created in s3 bucket, that have grown now very large, these tables are getting real time data continuously from round the clock databricks workflows; we would like run the optimization commands(optimize, zord...

• 4 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 5 kudos

Hi @Sriram Kumar​ We haven't heard from you since the last response from @Suteja Kanuri​ â€‹ . Kindly share the information with us, and in return, we will provide you with the necessary solution.Thanks and Regards

• 5 kudos
3 More Replies
jole3112
by New Contributor III
  • 7 replies
  • 8 kudos

virtual environment on azure databricks compute cluster

I'm using Azure Databricks and I'd like to create a project virtual environment, persisted on a shared compute cluster. As the cluster is shared for many projects, it is necessary to have virtual environments if I want to execute code runs from withi...

• 7 replies
  • 8 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 8 kudos

Hi @Joshua L​ We haven't heard from you since the last response from @Debayan Mukherjee​ â€‹, and I was checking back to see if her suggestions helped you.Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community, as it can be helpful to ot...

• 8 kudos
6 More Replies
Matt1209
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

How to execute requests later for a number of times that exceeds the Maximum concurrent runs?

I am trying to start the same Jobs multiple times using the python sdk's "run_now" command.If the number of requests exceeds the Maximum concurrent runs, the status of the run will be Skipped and the run will not be executed.Is there any way to queue...

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

Hi, We do have a private preview feature which will be enabled shortly for queueing. Please tag me (@Debayan Mukherjee​ ) with your next update so that I will get notified.

• 3 kudos
sevvalmehder
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Databricks run-time 12.2 LTS drop function problem

I am getting an error about the `drop function of pyspark` at a cluster using 12.2 LTS. When I check the error I see spark solved that bug, see SPARK-42444. Also when I check maintenance updates page, I saw this solved issue included the Databricks R...

image.png
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Sevval Mehder​ Elevate our community by acknowledging exceptional contributions. Your participation in marking the best answers is a testament to our collective pursuit of knowledge.

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
RamdasP
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Implement & Test DR Plan

Hi,Can you direct me to any documentation on how to implement and test Disaster Recovery for Databricks (PAAS) on Azure ?Thx & RgdsRamdas

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Ramdas Panicher​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answe...

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
ayush1900
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Ayush Raj​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers you...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
reachbharathan
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! How to checkout specific commit version via databricks UI

I have integrated gitlab with my azure databricks repo, I am able to push and pull commits from the databricks UI, I want to checkout to a specific commit version via databricks UI.Note: I am aware that via the gitlab i have checkout to specific vers...

• 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
reachbharathan
New Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

After getting more context on databricks repo in details,Currently databricks doesn't support checkout of repo to specific commit.databricks provides only limited functionality mentioned belowAdd a repo and connect remotely laterClone a repo connecte...

• 4 kudos
2 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors